dazmond

Re: Anyone now adjusting how they run their business?
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 08:34:49 am »
Lots do contact me too obviously or I'd never pick up any new work but its probably only 40%......then usually 10% of that are jobs I won't take on......
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 04:49:09 pm »
Starting a bit later at 9 rather than 8:30. Which still feels too early.

And messaging everyone night before telling them ill be round but if they want to skip no problem.  So far doing this the vast majority that have chosen to skip are new customers or flakey ones/slow payers etc. Ive removed half of them from my round.

Main thing thats different is I'm not doing as much and running further behind as I just cba with the terrible parking and hassle of people in the way.

I wish I had everyone's contact number, I've probably 5 to 10 % that I don't and it's making it awkward, either just turn up and do them or miss them out for a few months. Considering sending a letter out to these asking for contact numbers and to let them know what's going on.

Card payments, I bought one of them reader's over a year ago never used it. I'm online payments only. Stopped offering Go cardless since they put the prices up, bacs is cheaper and as long as you have a mob number easy enough to send reminders with one click via  text local.

ive got 22 jobs to clean tomorrow and not one requires a text......just turn up and clean....... :).....all easy access and all next door to each other.....

im finding that quite a few of my elderly customers are increasingly using contactless as a form of payment rather than cash...lots of these types are not computer savvy in regards to online banking,etc so its suits both me and the customer fine.....

zesty

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 10:26:48 pm »
When people ask for a card it usually means they are not interested.

"how much do you charge"

Then

"oh, ok can I take a card and I'll be in touch"

Just too polite to say no that's too much, if they want a cleaner they will usually ask when can you do it. People who want them doing don't tend to ask for a card they want to book in or have them done there and then.

I always think when asked for a card, I don't why I'm bothering giving you one.

This is true.

I’ve run out of cards. In no rush to order more.

All the details are sign written on the van, plus the potential customer can ask for my mobile number anyway.

Usually they take a card and you never hear again.

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 11:52:29 pm »

ive got 22 jobs to clean tomorrow and not one requires a text......just turn up and clean....... :).....all easy access and all next door to each other.....

im finding that quite a few of my elderly customers are increasingly using contactless as a form of payment rather than cash...lots of these types are not computer savvy in regards to online banking,etc so its suits both me and the customer fine.....

Interesting, social distancing and contactless?

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2020, 08:28:07 am »

Interesting, social distancing and contactless?

I leave the card machine on their window sill or wheelie bin....they only have to put their card near the top of the machine for the transaction to go through.....👍😀