STEVE-UK

Re: Ova -8 Pole
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 02:23:42 pm »
Looks a nice pole, Ionics sold an oval pole around 10 years ago, didnt seem to take off though

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 03:40:00 pm »
Title should be  video of a gooseneck  as thats all you show of it  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 04:59:13 pm »
Looks nice , just a shame that nobody will be able to afford  it , get ready for the shock price tag i reckon  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

mark m

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 05:10:11 pm »
i asked then how much it will be and apperently they are going to be around the same price as Gardiners

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 05:26:46 pm »
i asked then how much it will be and apperently they are going to be around the same price as Gardiners
I cant see it myself , they would price their own XR 70 and 100's out of the marketplace , dont make sense to me , unless of course the XR range has not done well for them .

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 07:32:37 pm »
Do they sell it with a swivel neck ?

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 07:54:18 pm »
What is the benefit of an oval pole?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

p1w1

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 08:03:14 pm »
What is the benefit of an oval pole?
i was thinking the same, only thing i can think off is so that it doesn't twist when worn like a round pole would, but then if that area is worn its not going to clamp properly any way. Just a gimmick really imo, but it's another choice i guess. However why is the weight, collapsed length etc not given.

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 09:23:35 pm »
I dont really know what to make of it , it tells me that it will be more rigid held out in front of you but side to side flex by laws of physics should be more , fine if you are straight on to the window , but if on a long stretch over a connie it might well put you worse off , the wear will still be in the same places as a round pole , and as a consequence the pole will have up and down movement over time , which will wear the flat sides possibly more ?

S.A.J

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 07:27:13 am »
I dont really know what to make of it , it tells me that it will be more rigid held out in front of you but side to side flex by laws of physics should be more , fine if you are straight on to the window , but if on a long stretch over a connie it might well put you worse off , the wear will still be in the same places as a round pole , and as a consequence the pole will have up and down movement over time , which will wear the flat sides possibly more ?

I have one! Wanna have a look/play with my oval pole?  :-\ ;D

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 09:33:42 am »

I have one! Wanna have a look/play with my oval pole?  :-\ ;D
That would be good mate , but you know how busy i am , im just not sure when i can take a time out , i have 2 new vans coming on Monday and i have to get them to Grippa to get the 9kw heaters fitted .

S.A.J

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 11:42:36 am »
Wednesday?? It’s raining that day and we all know you don’t work in the rain  :o :-*

stevieg

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 03:10:52 pm »
......and where,do tell,can these be purchased??

S.A.J

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 03:17:54 pm »
......and where,do tell,can these be purchased??

Varitech but not out till March! Drop them an email for more info.