nathankaye

customers who still.........
« on: October 23, 2017, 05:20:53 pm »
A customer came dashing out to disconnect the water butt from the down pipe of her conservatory before i cleaned the windows above it.
Even though i have cleaned her windows for 2yrs now on wfp and told her many a times how there is no chemicals in the water.  I forgot she does this as i normally text ahead for the gate so shes normally done this before hand.

Its crazy!!!
Have you got any customers who regardless of how many time you reasure them they still
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

Re: customers who still.........
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:31:02 pm »
A customer came dashing out to disconnect the water butt from the down pipe of her conservatory before i cleaned the windows above it.
Even though i have cleaned her windows for 2yrs now on wfp and told her many a times how there is no chemicals in the water.  I forgot she does this as i normally text ahead for the gate so shes normally done this before hand.

Its crazy!!!
Have you got any customers who regardless of how many time you reasure them they still

no.

although i still get the odd customer saying "we have an outside tap around the back if you need any water" ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:33:45 pm »

Its crazy!!!

So, you're saying she's forgotten the water is pure?

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:34:52 pm »
And you have forgotten she does the 'down-pipe routine' every time you turn up.

Slacky

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »
Who's the nutty one here then? You or her?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 05:39:52 pm »
I'm more irritated by the customer who puts a cheque through  my door on the weekend (that's bad enough, just PAY ME ON-LINE!) having written "please leave until March 2018" when I went through the same rigmarole last year explaining that I will only clean her windows on an 8 weekly cycle or not at all to which she was fine about it ...

Grrrr!  ::)roll
It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 07:54:05 pm »

She gets a text night before i clean. Therefore her little routine of disconnecting the waterbutt goes unnoticed by myself. So once again i told her the same thing and i can tell its going straight out the other ear.
For the first 6 or 8 months of cleaning, she would always ask if its safe for her plants. There has to be a point when one asks a question that they actually retain the answer.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 10:42:29 pm »
She probably has dementia.

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 12:23:38 am »

She gets a text night before i clean. Therefore her little routine of disconnecting the waterbutt goes unnoticed by myself. So once again i told her the same thing and i can tell its going straight out the other ear.
For the first 6 or 8 months of cleaning, she would always ask if its safe for her plants. There has to be a point when one asks a question that they actually retain the answer.

Retain what answer?

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 12:48:19 am »
I've an old customer who repeatedly asks me to try and keep the window cleaning water away from her precious plants underneath two sides of the conservatory.  Quite how I'm supposed to influence the water running off the window sills, I don't know.

I tell her every time that it's just pure water, like rain water, and there are no chemicals in it but she always says best to be safe than sorry.

I end up saying not to worry, I'll keep the water away from the plants. I then just carry on and clean as normal the same as I've been doing for the last four years.

What ever I say, it gets completely ignored.

I shouldn't complain as I always get a cup of tea in a bone china cup with saucer and three different biscuits on a bone china plate bought out to me on a silver tray and she gives a decent tip every Christmas.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

H2GoKent

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 09:46:09 pm »
I have had a customer ask me if I'm going to wipe the drops off.
This was after 3 years as a customer, and they had been in on most of the cleans.  :)
I was a little stunned but politely told her what I had told her when I first did them, again.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Og

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 10:53:20 am »
I have them remind me the front door leaks!!🤠

Mr.G

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 10:55:14 pm »
Perhaps she doesn't want  moss from the roof going in the water butt?  it makes a vile sludge in the bottom and blocks the tap

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 12:59:52 am »
Perhaps she doesn't want  moss from the roof going in the water butt?  it makes a vile sludge in the bottom and blocks the tap

That would mean she willingly disconnects the water butt everytime we have rain or heavy rain. Which then defeats the purpose of connecting it to the conny roof down pipe
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 01:37:48 am »
This was after 3 years as a customer, and they had been in on most of the cleans.  :)
I was a little stunned but politely told her what I had told her when I first did them, again.
I had one four months ago complaining that I've not cleaned the kitchen window as she's rubbing the inside with a cloth and I'm cleaning the bathroom above it with wfp! Then comes out the front asking me are you not going to dry the windows with a sponge? Dropped them!

Missing Link

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 09:43:42 pm »
She probably has dementia.

Half past six.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Plankton

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 03:24:33 pm »
I had one four months ago complaining that I've not cleaned the kitchen window as she's rubbing the inside with a cloth and I'm cleaning the bathroom above it with wfp! Then comes out the front asking me are you not going to dry the windows with a sponge? Dropped them!
People bragging about dropping customers!!! Women above comes out and calls to me are you doing ours today?  I said NO you weren't happy the last time and complaining about them so I took you off the run! She says I'm sorry I hurt your feelings but I was delighted with them after you left... Can you still do them?  I'm like OK then ::)roll doesn't sound as good taking them back on as it does saying DUMPED.

robbo333

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

lee_dewing

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 07:52:23 am »
we have an outside tap around the back if you need any water" ::)roll ;D

Yep that gets tired!

Nathan if they wind you up just miss em out.
When they phone up you can put em straight.

That would be extreme in this case though.

But I do this with the customers who get angry if your a week late, trouble is their the same ones moaning if your on time (or early in their mind).

I find that customers who obsesses over wfp and their window sills a pain and usually dump also.

I do have customers I don't like and keep  but if they inconvenience me payment or cleaning then ta tar.

I do find must workmen I have used for my home unprofessional, messy, slap dash.

I do a thorough job, and think I'm as good as it gets for window cleaning.
So good riddance to pita customers 😊

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle