nathankaye

does anyone use 6 pencil jets
« on: July 01, 2017, 12:33:24 pm »
As the title says.

Im currently using a 14inch dual trim brush with 4 jets, which I am well impressed with. Yet it had the configuration to fit an extra 2 jets. Im toying with the idea of adding 2 more and using 2 x  3way split push fit connections.
So wondered if anyone is using a similar size brush and using 6 jets at the moment and what they think of it.
Cheers in advance
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

p1w1

Re: does anyone use 6 pencil jets
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 12:37:38 pm »
I think you're overcomplicating things and in 3 years time you will look back on these posts and think what the hell was i thinking ...like we've all done  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 12:41:18 pm »
Lol, I might regret asking rather than just doing.
But then I never look back at things, I learn n move on.

;D but you could be right all the same
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 12:57:19 pm »
Why do you want to use more jets if you can't get the water up the pole in the first place? The pump you use is useless, it hasn't got the balls to feed more than 2 jets with any volume of water worth considering.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 01:30:22 pm »
Why do you want to use more jets if you can't get the water up the pole in the first place? The pump you use is useless, it hasn't got the balls to feed more than 2 jets with any volume of water worth considering.

Que

Erm currently using 4 jets with ease Matt, so i dont understand your view.
If its with reference to the water bar on a brush that I posted a while back, then yes I would agree but your forgetting one thing, thats with the backpack gardner trolley.
My sureflow 5lpm provides adequate flow and power for my needs.

But I'll feed the line to you,   what pump are you now using? As you posted about wanting bigger n better (lol normally compensating for something, some may say  ;D  :P)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 01:37:35 pm »
Nathan your need to get a hobby or get laid or both, seriously as p1w1 said you will look back on this in a few years and
say what was going on in my head. lol.

Dry Clean

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 01:41:40 pm »
Two jets going across the glass applying 3lts of water is the same as 4 jets going across the glass applying 3ltrs of water,
if your not getting enough water onto the glass then more jets are not the answer.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 02:55:46 pm »
A 14inch brush works faster//easier than a 12inch.  4 jets spray out the water better than 2. 
Its about making little changes like this that enable me to do all the work I do in a day that most of you guys say is impossible or possible with quality suffering.   
6 jets across the width of a brush will provide a quicker even rinse than just 4.

But then some of you guys believe you shouldnt work in the rain, so hindering peoples progress.

This forum apart from likes of some showing off, is about being helpful and advancing our trade. My question is relevant to that, but yes I do regret asking.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 03:26:26 pm »
Erm currently using 4 jets with ease Matt, so i dont understand your view.

Post a video of the flow with 4 jets. Id be interested as I use a pump rated at 12LPM. Id be interested to see what you get with a 5LPM pump.

I suspect I could pi$$ faster than the dribble you get out of your jets. At 5LPM you'll be getting 1.5LPM at the brush head. Between 6 jets thats 250ml per minute!! A quarter of a litre.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 06:53:08 pm »
Sometimes I do wonder what ollocks some of you guys actually speak n believe on here.
Its utter madness at times.

Anyway for the doubters or the ones who want to believe the BS some post on here. This is what a 14inch brush with 4 jets on a flow of 80 from a sureflow 100psi 5lpm pump looks like

https://youtu.be/NH2FyXZLqrg

Now slacky, for comparison sake and out of curiosity lets see what a powerful 12lpm pump on 4 jets look like or you pi $$ing faster either one mate  ::)roll ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 07:04:41 pm »
What size are those jets? 1mm?

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »
As slacky is getting at...

You need to think about putting bigger jets in, 6 1 mm jets will increase the coverage on the glass if the pump is good enough to supply it..but not the flow rate..at least not by that much

try 2 - 4 x 3mm jets with a 10lpm pump

flow rate not pressure old lad

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 07:43:46 pm »
As slacky is getting at...

You need to think about putting bigger jets in, 6 1 mm jets will increase the coverage on the glass if the pump is good enough to supply it..but not the flow rate..at least not by that much

try 2 - 4 x 3mm jets with a 10lpm pump

flow rate not pressure old lad

Lol I understand that point. But im hapoy with the flow rate from these jets as you van clearly see from the vid and on the glass I clean its more than enough. Just thinking of adding 2 more jets for a wider spread.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slash

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 08:27:43 pm »
Just use two fan jets  instead of four  or six pencil ones,still get the same coverage,even more so with two fan jets as the spray beyond the brush lenght.

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 09:10:06 pm »
Just use two fan jets  instead of four  or six pencil ones,still get the same coverage,even more so with two fan jets as the spray beyond the brush lenght.

I do need to try fan jets, ive always been put off using them. Might try one day
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 09:56:43 pm »
I'd stop asking these questions of yours, Nathan.
You soon get wound up if you get an answer you don't like or want. If it gets to you so much why put yourself through it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 10:05:49 pm »
Yeah , what's next - 'how to drill an extra 2 holes into my 6 pencil jets brush because I now need 8?'

Tom White

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 10:46:34 pm »
Two jets is fine; you rinse down the glass anyway, moving the brush from left to right as you go down the glass.

Just use a fast flow and rinse quickly.

Job jobbed.

You're gilding a lily.

the king

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 08:32:20 am »
you could just buy a xline brush with rince bar or a reach it as they have lots of jets  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 08:40:26 am »
"........I counted them all out and I counted them all back".
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 09:57:01 am »
Just go for it Nathan and let us know how you get on.  I've made loads of mods to my kit over the years and have it just how I like it at the moment.  Have to say I've always found 2x jets to be enough and I use fans now which I really like.  I know they are not to everyones liking but I love them.  They suit the way I work
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 10:06:53 am »
How about three jets?

:P
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 10:29:14 am »
How about three jets?

:P
I thought about a three jet combo but what would be the best?
A pencil, fan then pencil?
Fan, pencil, fan?
Pencil, fan, fan?
Fan, fan, pencil?
Would it be better to separate the fan and the pencil or would they perform better side-by-side?
Would you need to have a fan first or would a brush be better being pencil lead?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tosh

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 11:53:28 am »
 ;D