« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:25:10 am »
Delete it.

Just tell the truth.

If it was a poophole say so

Shrek

Re: How to respond to 1 ⭐️ Review
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 09:38:28 am »
Can't delete it , its on google my business lol
I've work on that estate before, can't be arsed with it anymore.
1 custard wouldn't clean their dog poo up
1 dodgy custard had about 20 mountain bikes in their back garden and was a pita when the hose got tangled in the mess .
1 custard wanted me to clean when they were in
1 custard couldn't afford it and kept getting behind in payments .....
as well as the tracky wearing chav hanging around the van, it was just too much hassle

tlwcs

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 09:52:50 am »
I would go with something like
I'm sorry you felt you needed to give me a 1 star review
To keep costs fair to all my customers I only quote and take work in areas where I currently work.
I have offered you a number of a local cleaner that works on your s41t hole of an estate

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 10:03:02 am »
Just ignore it. I've got one too. Most customers don't find me through the internet anyway.

Did you actually say you don't work on council estates though? A bit daft if you did.

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 10:09:10 am »
Not in those words, I txt her and said unfortunately after being messed about quite a few times in your area , I no longer clean there . Thanks for contacting me and all the best

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 10:34:48 am »
Can they leave a review if you haven't worked for them?
You can't polish a turd

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 10:37:47 am »
Can they leave a review if you haven't worked for them?

Yep , if anyone has a google account, then they can leave a review of anything without even using the services

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 10:48:07 am »
Ridiculous. I once had a negative review on checkatrade from a nasty old bag who had a dogsh!t strewn garden who messed me about with "not this time" etc.

I thought it would ruin my good reputation but most potential customers will see her as a p.i.t.a once they read your other reviews (hopefully more positive ones)
You can't polish a turd

Matt.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 11:09:23 am »
I would go with something like
I'm sorry you felt you needed to give me a 1 star review
To keep costs fair to all my customers I only quote and take work in areas where I currently work.
I have offered you a number of a local cleaner that works on your s41t hole of an estate

I would defo reply it and that above is just a pleasent I don't cover ur area, it shows future custards that u care enough to try an help them

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 11:32:25 am »
Prufeshnul vershun:

what tlwcs said

Another possibility:

As you know your area is littered with druggies, scallies, twockers; turd dropping staffies, pieces of wasteland with old Maestros, Sierras and Transits purporting to be "gardens"; light-fingered pieces of scum (AKA tea-leaves) and other undesirables.

The only decent customers in your area are the elderly who lived through the Blitz and helped this country with their community spirit and "can-do" attitude. Sadly these are looked after by knuckle dragging dirt-re-arrangers (AKA window cleaners) who will kneecap me and destroy my van if I stop for more than three seconds in "their patch".

So I am only left as prospective customers, with pyjama-wearing shoppers in Ugg moonboots showing their muffin tops  as they draw on their 30th fAg of the day and "got no money love so leave it this time and mind the dog crap on the way out."

As you will appreciate - even if your home is an oasis and beacon of tidiness, upkeep and light in this morass of human flotsam and jetsam - I cannot run a business if it is even partly dependent upon the denizens of your area.

Best wishes for the future,

Shrek
It's a game of three halves!

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 11:34:27 am »
I clean the windows of a local restaurant. It has an excellent reputation and  has recently won an award for its excellence.

I was looking through its reviews a couple of days ago. Every review was 5 stars. Except one. It gave a one star because the customer, who wrote that although the quality of food was excellent, the size of the courses was too small and he was critical of the service he received.

I have eaten in there myself and the service and food is top notch.

My point? You can't please everyone  so as long as the majority of your reviews are positive, then you must be doing something right. As for responding, then if I were to respond at all it would be to say something along the lines of 'I am sorry you were disappointed with my service. I have taken your comments on board and will endeavour to make whatever changes are necessary to provide the excellent  service that my valued customers deserve'.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 11:50:40 am »
Thank you for your review. Apologies that you have taken my comment personally. However as i mentioned i was not able to arrange a vist to leave a quote as i do not work in your area. Though i am positive you will find a suitable window cleaner which works within your area and be happy to expend his services to you.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jk999

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 12:00:50 pm »
Granville  out of all the dog breeds in the world  why did you pinpoint staffys

Tosh

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2017, 12:07:38 pm »
Because they're synonymous with druggies 😝
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 12:16:45 pm »
How do you respond to
'1⭐️ Review'
 refused to come round because I live on a council estate

Anyone got a funny response? 😂

You could not afford me anyway as I only do posh gaffs for the rich & famous. lol

DaveG

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 03:41:02 pm »
Trouble is, everyone is an expert on these review sites  ::)roll
You can't polish a turd

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 04:58:10 pm »
Granville  out of all the dog breeds in the world  why did you pinpoint staffys

Because in the (hopefully) humorous context of my tongue-in-cheek post I thought of a thick set breed that might stereotypically be associated with thick trakkie-wearing CHAV's who use them to intimidate others.

I believed that using chihuahua or toy poodle might not have had the same effect.

No offense to responsible Staffie-owning people - or indeed Maestro, Sierra or Transit owners - was intended or meant and of course other breeds and cars or vans may have been chosen.

HTH!

;)
It's a game of three halves!

jk999

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 06:01:20 pm »
That's ok then because I'm a staffie owner and trust me they certainly  ain't thick

8weekly

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 06:15:26 pm »
You should go onto the other subjects section. Loads of "experts" there.  ;D

JandS

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 07:01:43 pm »
I have a bad Freeindex review from a customer I have never worked for....e mailed her but no reply.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 07:13:15 pm »
Think il copy and paste Granvilles reply , it adds a little humour to the situation whilst putting her straight. Thanks all , some brilliant replies 😂

Frankybadboy

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 07:34:21 pm »
Prufeshnul vershun:

what tlwcs said

Another possibility:

As you know your area is littered with druggies, scallies, twockers; turd dropping staffies, pieces of wasteland with old Maestros, Sierras and Transits purporting to be "gardens"; light-fingered pieces of scum (AKA tea-leaves) and other undesirables.

The only decent customers in your area are the elderly who lived through the Blitz and helped this country with their community spirit and "can-do" attitude. Sadly these are looked after by knuckle dragging dirt-re-arrangers (AKA window cleaners) who will kneecap me and destroy my van if I stop for more than three seconds in "their patch".

So I am only left as prospective customers, with pyjama-wearing shoppers in Ugg moonboots showing their muffin tops  as they draw on their 30th fAg of the day and "got no money love so leave it this time and mind the dog crap on the way out."

As you will appreciate - even if your home is an oasis and beacon of tidiness, upkeep and light in this morass of human flotsam and jetsam - I cannot run a business if it is even partly dependent upon the denizens of your area.

Best wishes for the future,

Shrek
pmsl

Frankybadboy

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 07:35:31 pm »
You should go onto the other subjects section. Loads of "experts" there.  ;D
true  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 08:34:37 pm »
Can't delete it , its on google my business lol
I've work on that estate before, can't be arsed with it anymore.
1 custard wouldn't clean their dog poo up
1 dodgy custard had about 20 mountain bikes in their back garden and was a pita when the hose got tangled in the mess .
1 custard wanted me to clean when they were in
1 custard couldn't afford it and kept getting behind in payments .....
as well as the tracky wearing chav hanging around the van, it was just too much hassle

I hate working on council estates too.

I had some work canvassed on one last year, about 15 houses, i only have one left. no one wanted to pay online, those that said they would pay online never did, they never had any money, gardens full of rubbish, sofas. everyone seemed to have the most aggressive dogs possible. Darent leave the van, motorbikes flying everywhere, dogs barking all around, people shouting and arguing at the top of their voices.

I dont look for work on estates and i generally dont take work on them.  have maybe 3-4 custies on estates now,  all of them lovely people but in general they are hovels.

Well, the big horrible ones that can be found in most citys, there are a few smaller ones that are decent.

JandS

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 09:27:12 pm »
Lupset???
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 05:20:54 am »
There's nowt wrong with Lupset . As long as your just driving through without stopping with your doors locked . I knew a lad who had a trad round on there about 20 years ago . It took him 3 days every 2 weeks . He loved it .