Elfords Carpet and Window Cleaning

Re: Jason: Do sponsors have control over posts on this forum?
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 10:40:03 pm »
What about Dirty Den coming back from the dead, that was, well, that was something.......anyway.

Skullduggery maybe. I dont know.

Perhaps it was a conspiracy theory. Who was Moriarty anyway? He wern't in Eastenders was he?

Ewan was I bet.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 08:33:11 am »
For those that find this subject "Boring" then don't read the post. For the others thinking that the likes of Matt is being paranoid for the way he's been treated then can you answer exactly what he done to deserve a ban ? The guy has giving over his time to countless window cleaners to offer advice and to try and save them a few quid. But because the order of the day on here now seems to be to steer you towards the big companies where the will happily take your money.

If like me you are on a limited budget then guys like matt and macmac(and others) are an asset, they can advise and offer help to put you on the right path without needlessly spending thousands of pounds.

paul rulton

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2010, 08:40:23 am »
For those that find this subject "Boring" then don't read the post. For the others thinking that the likes of Matt is being paranoid for the way he's been treated then can you answer exactly what he done to deserve a ban ? The guy has giving over his time to countless window cleaners to offer advice and to try and save them a few quid. But because the order of the day on here now seems to be to steer you towards the big companies where the will happily take your money.

If like me you are on a limited budget then guys like matt and macmac(and others) are an asset, they can advise and offer help to put you on the right path without needlessly spending thousands of pounds.
HERE HERE! WELL SAID!  ;)  Murdie  ;)

Elfords Carpet and Window Cleaning

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2010, 09:04:14 am »
Money talks mate.

Money comes between friends.

The root of all evil.

Some become blinded by it.

You wont get an answer, greed is ugly, simples.

Shame really, because we're expected to follow a few rules on here but they egotistically think they dont have to, bit arrogant really, rude for ignoring the thread, rude for ignoring the question, they wouldnt ignore you in the street if you asked them to clean your carpets.

It is this kind of attitude that will slowly erode this forum, a lot of damage has been done to it in the last 6 months. It used to be the place that you would recommend to someone, now the other forums get the nod.

It is a simple question IMO regarding the initial post in the thread, but an answer? No way josé.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2010, 12:32:07 pm »
Ewan, these systems are designed for one thing and that is to pump pure water up a pole and onto a window. Now some may have a more powerfull pump or higher spec flow control, some may offer a hot water system or recycle the waste R/O water. But it's up to the individual to decide what is going to be best for them and by not allowing matt to champion the diy route then guys are being denied advice on this option.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 04:02:17 pm »
Do sponsors have control over posts on this forum?

simple answer, NO

They have a right to report a post just like anyone else though, just because they are suppliers doesnt mean they can receive worse treatment than any other member.

If you asked the question direct to admin they would have answered.

I have been on holiday, and been busy with paperwork since I got back, I don't know where Ian is, and I am prety sure Jason would of answered if he saw this post.

We are a friendly bunch who run our own businesses, there is no conspiricys, we DON'T think we are better than anyone else, we do NOT favour any supplier or give any supplier preferencial treatment.

If it were the case that certain suppliers were pulling the strings, then I would let you know.

contrary to popular belief the moderators are Humans, we do have an heart and we try to treat everyone fairly.

Thanks

Dave

paul rulton

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010, 04:13:24 pm »
on a brighter note.... did u have a good holiday David?  8)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010, 04:26:51 pm »
yes thanks Paul

Got the tummy bug as did the rest of the hotel, got bitten to death by the mossys, nearly got divorced, and killed  but everythings fine now.

a really good holiday though, would thoroughly reccommend it

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2010, 10:24:21 pm »
That's mute.

But based on empirical observation, take a wild guess.

suds window service

suds window service

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2010, 10:27:40 pm »
That's mute.

But based on empirical observation, take a wild guess.
you dont know that for sure though :P

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2010, 10:41:30 pm »
Ewan

Milke still owns the forum, Jason was brought in to run things and try to move the forum along financially.

that is the impression I get, but not 100% certain

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2010, 10:59:46 pm »
That's fair.

If you look at the economic climate there are a couple of things where there is a bit of a gold rush going on- and suppliers of wfp start ups happens to be one.

Ten grand a system, and hundreds are being sold. It's silly money, if i was in that game i would buy this site faster than you can say fill your boots.

Access to newbs and inquiring people doing some due diligence is worth a fortune because one company makes so much sence.You either spend two years on here becoming an expert, or you do the senisible thing and buy the system with the built in expertise.

The economic case for this is so overwhelming.