windymiller

Jason: Do sponsors have control over posts on this forum?

Dave Willis

Re: Jason: Do sponsors have control over posts on this forum?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 07:36:17 am »
Of course they do otherwise Matt would still be here  ;)

I think they tolerate the odd complaint or two provided it's not posted by anyone who has any influence over sales.
Matt was on here for a long time and was the man for DIY he even had his own site set up to help start ups with little money. Jeff Brimble is another master of DIY. Many new cleaners look up to these guys when they start out and tend to stick with them. Jeff was using home made poles up to eighty feet years ago for less than a third of the price of suppliers poles.
These chaps are a thorn in the side of the big suppliers but little could be done. However, Matt overstepped the mark by actually criticising Ionics (due to being drawn into arguments with an Ionics poster who seems to have vanished).
Jason then had his chance and a good reason to get rid of Matt and ban him from the site. The fact that Matt has set up another site is even more reason to keep him away from here.
Alex was another who by his own honesty and genuine friendly nature cleverly used the site to push his sales along and must have been a nightmare for the mods - he had to go sooner or later or pay to advertise. So along came 'Ewan' Designed to specifically attack gardiners products.
He's gone now along with all his posts - how strange is that?
Other suppliers have tried to use the site to sell their products - look at Glyn from Omnipole - he tried hard but had the skills of a football hooligan when it came to salesmanship. He actually seemed to work backwards and effectively put people off dealing with him.
My guess is that unless you pay the large fee to advertise then you will be banned sooner or later.
At the end of the day it's all about money.
It's been a good three years on here for me but it aint what it used to be.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 08:06:13 am »
put a post up and find out :P :P

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 08:33:01 am »
Of course they do otherwise Matt would still be here  ;)

I think they tolerate the odd complaint or two provided it's not posted by anyone who has any influence over sales.
Matt was on here for a long time and was the man for DIY he even had his own site set up to help start ups with little money. Jeff Brimble is another master of DIY. Many new cleaners look up to these guys when they start out and tend to stick with them. Jeff was using home made poles up to eighty feet years ago for less than a third of the price of suppliers poles.
These chaps are a thorn in the side of the big suppliers but little could be done. However, Matt overstepped the mark by actually criticising Ionics (due to being drawn into arguments with an Ionics poster who seems to have vanished).
Jason then had his chance and a good reason to get rid of Matt and ban him from the site. The fact that Matt has set up another site is even more reason to keep him away from here.
Alex was another who by his own honesty and genuine friendly nature cleverly used the site to push his sales along and must have been a nightmare for the mods - he had to go sooner or later or pay to advertise. So along came 'Ewan' Designed to specifically attack gardiners products.
He's gone now along with all his posts - how strange is that?
Other suppliers have tried to use the site to sell their products - look at Glyn from Omnipole - he tried hard but had the skills of a football hooligan when it came to salesmanship. He actually seemed to work backwards and effectively put people off dealing with him.
My guess is that unless you pay the large fee to advertise then you will be banned sooner or later.
At the end of the day it's all about money.
It's been a good three years on here for me but it aint what it used to be.

I didn't realise that Ewan was a Gardinerbot.
Ewan used to post about all sorts of stuff (some relevant, some not).  Although I think he was wrong about Gardiner's business style, I do believe that he was stating his opinion rather than being a toady for another company(ies).

Steve_c

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 08:55:17 am »
Lad's the sun out, it's going to be 28 degrees, have a few cold one's and a monster BBQ. Chill out it's Sunday.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 09:18:27 am »
Lad's the sun out, it's going to be 28 degrees, have a few cold one's and a monster BBQ. Chill out it's Sunday.
dont drink to much steve,has you know you cant handle it.

ps my phones is switch off :P

paul rulton

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 09:23:25 am »
im off 2the beach again 2day with the family  ;D just chillin, crabbin & catchin some rays  8) 8) 8)
my work head will go on at 9o'clock 2morrow morn  ;)

paul rulton

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 09:24:34 am »
but i am very interested in the answers tho  ;D ;D ;D

SteveAllan

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 09:25:12 am »

I wish i could, i promised to tile me nieces kitchen floor today :(

cozy

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 10:27:01 am »
Hey Ewan, thought you had forgotten about CIU. How long did it take you to delete more than 4000 posts? Why not the other 81? Wouldn't  it have been easier to delete your account and start again?

Elfords Carpet and Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 10:42:42 am »
 ;D ;D

cozy

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 11:43:36 am »
No I can't. I'm not WFP yet, so all the suppliers and mod stuff went un-noticed by me. I've noticed a change in the mood of CIU, I also lost interest abit and joined Matt's forum aswell. I've only been on here a short time, but the last 2 or 3 months have seen alot of regular posters leave or not log on for weeks.

So I can't say what has changed or why. I can only say that the friendly air of the place has thinned alot. Glad you're back though, you make the rest of us seem normal.

cozy

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 12:17:33 pm »
Tell yourself mate, you're a member.

New CIU? Nah, who would open a forum and let it's members feel like they have to watch what they say? There are lots of forums out there, some better than others. Matt's forum only lost 1 member, that was Dave Morris, he left for his own reasons I would have thought.

cozy

D B Services

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 01:49:43 pm »
This made me smile.

http://www.oakleywindowcleaning.co.uk/hitlershoover.wmv

ONLY SMILE???    OMG that is superb!!!!   I have still got tears in my eyes from laughing....  TOTAL CLASS!!!!    ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Dan   

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »
fantastic lol ;D ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

gary999

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 03:25:51 pm »
that vids been round for awhile but still makes me
laugh every time i see it

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 03:47:13 pm »

Dunno about chilling out.  I've been working today.  Did nearly half a day.  Did the outsides of some commercials that can be tricky to do during the week.

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 05:35:03 pm »
Tell yourself mate, you're a member.

New CIU? Nah, who would open a forum and let it's members feel like they have to watch what they say? There are lots of forums out there, some better than others. Matt's forum only lost 1 member, that was Dave Morris, he left for his own reasons I would have thought.

Somebody using the same name? It’s not me if that’s the case.

Yes ‘New CIU’ window cleaners having there say openly just like the ‘Old CIU’ and not the ‘Current CIU’. If you CIU what I mean. A forum with down to earth views, comments, recommendations and most importantly there own opinion about our trade from the people who count the ‘window cleaners’, some with a clue and some without a clue, throw into the mix a few suppliers and manufacturers, trade representatives and the occasional voyeur and a couple of nut jobs and you have yourself a full bodied forum.

Let me know when it takes shape.

All the best

Your well adjusted window cleaner: “Ewan” 

Ewan I think your famous on here for 48 hours, your even mentioned in a poll.  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

cozy

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 05:40:58 pm »
You know alot about it for someone who isn't a member, can't imagine why someone else would use your ID mate. Who cares on here if another forum starts up? There are about 100,000 window cleaners in UK i would think. 19500 are members on here.

Most don't log on anymore and the avarage amount of members online each day is between 200 to 250, and half of those are carpet cleaners!!

So a forum that starts up now, and doesn't get all stroppy with it's members can't really miss, can it? :D Because this one might be the biggest, but the heads of at least 2 of it's mods are the biggest of all, and I don't mean Ian Giles.

What's that word you use so often? Complacency. That's the killer. ::)