R W C

Re: What have you to do to get on the FWC Committee?
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 10:58:20 pm »
RWC

Where did it once say anything to do with being a mod, ask Tosh it doesnt mean diddly pooh being a mod.

I got the write ups because i emailed every single publication i could think of, not one of them knew i was a mod.

Fair play to you dave my dig isnt at you but to those who suck up and do things because of who certain people are in the industry, these people arent silly and as soon as they got your email and it said from Dave Morris of st ives they would of known exactly who you are, these people view the forum day in and day out just look at past posts when someone has said something negative about there item they will be straight on the forum defending it, ive seen this from ionics, brodex, face lift, fwc, simply business, a-plan,  the list is endless, If someone like myself had emailed them saying id got safe contractor approved certificate like you say it would mean diddly pooh,

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 11:03:30 pm »
RWC

Not a chance. I could give you all my hard earned gained contracts and you would get exactly the same results.

I got in my local news papers and ones that cover over 70 miles, how do you account for that, do they come here too.

johns window kleen

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 11:11:32 pm »
Dave, as a member of it, please answer my post about  the FED Website, which as I see it , subtly portrays all non members as unshaven, ciggie smoking, untrustworthy, incompetent cowboys.

It smacks of elitism, and to my mind puts established W/C off of joining, because it is insulting to us. That is a crying shame really.

Tosh

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 11:13:51 pm »
Guys,

Can we please stop 'Dave Bashing'; and get back to my original post;!

I'm interested in who 'they' are, when Dave said in the highlighed text:

Tosh

After 12 months of membership , you can put yourself forward to sit on the board then they vote on it, in lean times this is all you have to do, in times of increased competition for a seat , you would probably have to show wht you have to offer.

Who is it within the FWC that vote if you get on the FWC committee or not?

Who exactly are 'they'?

R W C

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 11:19:34 pm »
Guys,

Can we please stop 'Dave Bashing'; and get back to my original post;!

I'm interested in who 'they' are, when Dave said in the highlighed text:

Tosh

After 12 months of membership , you can put yourself forward to sit on the board then they vote on it, in lean times this is all you have to do, in times of increased competition for a seat , you would probably have to show wht you have to offer.

Who is it within the FWC that vote if you get on the FWC committee or not?

Who exactly are 'they'?

Sorry tosh im a little confused as to who is dave bashing?

Tosh

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 11:25:35 pm »
Me?

;D

johns window kleen

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 11:26:14 pm »
Yeah Tosh im not sure what youre saying I aint Dave bashing at all.
I actually admire the guy and he is one of the most helpful peeps on here.

I was only asking a question about perception of the site. Not bashing anyone intentionally.

Tosh

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 11:36:54 pm »
And I was only asking who votes the FWC Committee members onto the committee?

This is an important question; worth knowing before you join any organisation

How do the heirachy get elected?

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 11:37:28 pm »
Tosh sorry mate but it was only a couple of years ago at Birmingham that you, Dave, shiner, and Ian, and myself met up shared a few pints and got on ok,   Dave as the rest of you all seemed great guys, Why are you attacking him now are you jealous of how his business has moved on since?    
Sussex by the sea

Tosh

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 11:49:35 pm »
Hi Chris,

I'm not attacking Dave in the least.  I just have this feeling; for some daft reason; that he's using this forum as another marketing tool.

You know what I'm like.  If I see someone pretending to be a 'happy customer', yet they're really a supplier, it annoys me.  And what I seem to be seeing with Dave is, is that he's wanting to be an FWC Committee Member, he's made friends with Brian Dolby, and now he's pushing the FWC on this forum like one of those dodgy suppliers.

I could be wrong, I'm a Geordie; I'm usually wrong.  I'll even admit to being wrong even when I'm not.

;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 11:53:37 pm »

Tosh I dont use this forum for nothing, you have got me totally wrong, i help people out of the goodness of my heart. Just ask anyone, i have helped hundreds over the years i have enven helped local window cleaners set up wfp and never ever asked anyone for anything in return.

Jon maybe it looks elitist, but isnt that why we join these things so we can give the impression we are elite ?

Maybe, for me anyway , everyones different.

Tosh "they" being all the committee members, If i recall correctly there is about 8 or 9,  If you get a majority vote, you are in. so 5 votes should get you in.

I will leave it to the fed for the final answer, as i am just summising.

Tosh

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2009, 12:02:11 am »

Tosh I dont use this forum for nothing, you have got me totally wrong, i help people out of the goodness of my heart. Just ask anyone, i have helped hundreds over the years i have enven helped local window cleaners set up wfp and never ever asked anyone for anything in return.

Jon maybe it looks elitist, but isnt that why we join these things so we can give the impression we are elite ?

Tosh "they" being all the committee members, If i recall correctly there is about 8 or 9,  If you get a majority vote, you are in. so 5 votes should get you in.

Dave,

I apologise if I've offended you; I'm sorry; it's Friday evening, I've had a shandy and feel hard as nails.  As you know I'm from North Shields.

But with regards to the committee, is there a non-elected board who vote who the committee members in?  If so, how did the board evolve and who're they comprised of?

I would be really surprised if any of the general FWC members don't know how the FWC organisation works; someone must know.

I wouldn't hand my cash over to some organisation which has a hint of 'self serving' about it.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2009, 12:14:43 am »
The way I see it the FWC at some point had some failings Dave started the APWC with others, leaving some including myself split over what trade body to join, personally I wasn't going to take a gamble with the APWC until they came of age,  probably a lot of others thought the same and coupled with the Fed getting their act together was probably their downfall, I guess Dave has had to eat some humble pie over that "Oh the ups and downs" ;) The fact that he has now thrown his weight behind the Fed can only be good in my book, the profile of the trade does need lifting lets hope they can do it.      
Sussex by the sea

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2009, 06:46:13 am »

Tosh "they" being all the committee members, If i recall correctly there is about 8 or 9,  If you get a majority vote, you are in. so 5 votes should get you in.

Dave,

I apologise if I've offended you; I'm sorry; it's Friday evening, I've had a shandy and feel hard as nails.  As you know I'm from North Shields.

But with regards to the committee, is there a non-elected board who vote who the committee members in?  If so, how did the board evolve and who're they comprised of?

I would be really surprised if any of the general FWC members don't know how the FWC organisation works; someone must know.

I wouldn't hand my cash over to some organisation which has a hint of 'self serving' about it.

A shandy?
You must have drunk a whole distillery to have reached those conclusions about Dave.
I'm wondering if Saturday morning will arrive with an acutely embarassed Tosh smarting from a hangover cringeing as he reads his posts from the previous night.

There is good cause for suspicion about so called "satisfied customers" who have only made a couple of posts but I hardly think Dave falls into that category.

So where do I send my invoice Dave?   :)

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2009, 07:13:30 am »
I see into the future, and I can see you being on the committee Dave  ::)

So it wasn't just me thinking that Dave was 'selling us out'.  I suspect he's made 'friends' with a FWC committee member  because his posts have recently devolved too:

Oh, isn't the FWC great.

Oh, Hasn't the FWC changed.

Oh, Hasn't the FWC good for winning big contracts.

Oh, Good, don't be professional; more work and money for me.

Oh, I'm going to be a millionaire 'cos I'm a member of the FWC.

Oh, Join the FWC and use it as a marketting tool; and become a millionaire.

Blimey! ;D

To be honest, I've been a bit harsh with Dave here, but the sentiment remains extant.

unbelievable.... "selling us out"  what planet are you on.

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2009, 08:08:27 am »
Join the FWC (pay money)

Nomination for candidates have to in by 28 Febuary prior to AGM
Send synopsis in on experience and what you expect to achieve

If there is a 3 nominees and only 2 places then a vote takes place

Send voting papers out to all members with synopsis and they cast there vote
All votes opened at AGM checked and verified by independant people

Election complete

It took me 2 years to get on the council
Going to be away till Monday  for any more questions

keep giving David hassle he deserves it.

Rather than giving crap to me

Bryan

Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

Tosh

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2009, 11:50:29 am »
keep giving David hassle he deserves it
Then no crap to me

Bryan

I will; I enjoy it.  ;D

But I'm still non the wiser; I'll have a look at the FWC website and see if that shows what the organisation is.

williamx

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2009, 02:06:19 pm »
there are 7 pages of the bryan dolby thread, i suggest he would be the man to ask... i am supprised none took the chance during that thread

The FWC exist for professional window cleaners only, it’s one way you can have independent representation that easily distinguish you.

and what pray is a Professuional Window Cleaner????

ftp

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2009, 09:18:24 pm »
If anyone can understand that last sentance then please enlighten me  ???

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2009, 10:10:42 pm »
I haven't got any specific info but committees have two guys who do the work, chairman and secretary. (treasurer does a little bit)

Because these positions involve work (preparing minutes, setting agenda, admin), these tend to be paid positions.

If you know for an absolute fact that this is not the case, then fair enough, but this is often how it works.