Tosh

What have you to do to get on the FWC Committee?
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:33:22 pm »
There's a couple of FWC committee guys on this forum, and I'd be interested to find out what you have to do to get on the committee?

Mr Formby

Re: What have you to do to get on the FWC Committee?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 09:34:59 pm »
For you , be a member

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:40:21 pm »
So, being a member is the first criteria; what's the second?

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 09:41:37 pm »
be a member would be a start.... yet another fed bashing thread 

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 09:44:43 pm »
be a member would be a start.... yet another fed bashing thread 

Why is this a 'fed bashing thread'?  It's an honest question.  If I want to join an organisation, I want to know how it works.

Why are you being so defensive/offensive?

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 09:47:08 pm »
there are 7 pages of the bryan dolby thread, i suggest he would be the man to ask... i am supprised none took the chance during that thread

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 10:00:32 pm »
The Byran Dolby thread was interesting; but there was such a wide variety of topics covered I'm not surprised this wasn't mentioned.

Other interesting items in that post were the payments made to committee members; I think Steve said they were paid £150 a day plus expenses for hotels and stuff; and that's worth some further investigation; especially when Dave said they were a 'non profit organisation'; insinuating that they did their 'duties' out of the goodness of their hearts'.

But I'd still like to know how the FWC committee members became FWC committee members.

It seriously is a serious question.

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 10:12:55 pm »
there are 7 pages of the bryan dolby thread, i suggest he would be the man to ask... i am supprised none took the chance during that thread

I would've; but the post was locked.

I'm still interested in finding out what the criteria is for being a FWC Committee Member is though.

If these guys are meant to representing 'us', how do they get 'elected'?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 10:14:26 pm »
Tosh

After 12 months of membership , you can put yourself forward to sit on the board then they vote on it, in lean times this is all you have to do, in times of increased competition for a seat , you would probably have to show wht you have to offer.

As for not for profit, i didnt insinuate anything, they only get paid on fed business ie, £150 a day for meetings which covers your loss of earnings and expenses.

There is a difference between getting paid for the job and getting honoraria for attending meetings.

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 10:18:15 pm »
I see into the future, and I can see you being on the committee Dave  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 10:28:29 pm »
Ian

I think sitting on any committee is a poison chalice, a bit like the England managers job.

All you get is shot down in flames every time you want to help your fellow man, or treated with suspicion and have your integrity questioned.

Do i really want my self through all that,  hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm  NO

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 10:29:38 pm »
I wouldnt mind being a moderator on CLeanitup though, i heard that jobs similar but not as bad

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 10:30:48 pm »
I see into the future, and I can see you being on the committee Dave  ::)

So it wasn't just me thinking that Dave was 'selling us out'.  I suspect he's made 'friends' with a FWC committee member  because his posts have recently devolved too:

Oh, isn't the FWC great.

Oh, Hasn't the FWC changed.

Oh, Hasn't the FWC good for winning big contracts.

Oh, Good, don't be professional; more work and money for me.

Oh, I'm going to be a millionaire 'cos I'm a member of the FWC.

Oh, Join the FWC and use it as a marketting tool; and become a millionaire.

Blimey! ;D

To be honest, I've been a bit harsh with Dave here, but the sentiment remains extant.

johns window kleen

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 10:35:22 pm »

I did actually, I asked Bryan "How would FED membership benefit me?"
He replied visit the website , which I did earlier this evening.

Intersting stuff on there, puts some of the earnings posters on here to shame really. Looks like part of its agenda is to attract  new people into the profession, by stating earnings of upto £1K PER WEEK, train them up, get them as members, call them trusted professionals, and dissacotiate themselves from the non-members who are portrayed as unshaven , ciggie smoking cowboys.
Or did I read it wrong??
Please FED members tell me if I am wrong?

Still I wouldnt rule out joining at some stage.

johns window kleen

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 10:39:41 pm »
Sorry.
Sgibson said the first sentence and I didnt wanna make it look like he was FED bashing.{Which im not doing honestly}
 I'm still getting the hang of the inserting quotes bit. Might have to do an NVQ course to get good at it. ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 10:43:01 pm »
Tosh

Didnt i say the same things when people were saying Safecontractor was rubbish, didnt i defend it exactly the same way.

I have had lots of encouraging emails the last few days, theres are the opinions that mean something to me.

If i ever do decide to join the fed committee that has nothing to do with what i try to advise people on.

I have told people the same thing since i ever told anyone anything.

People ask for advice and i give it, people ask me how i have done things and  i have told them,

My business ethos is showing my professionalism, and  I know that this has won me most of my business.

One last thing you dont have to listen to my advice, nobody does

R W C

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 10:46:03 pm »
I bet being a mod of the biggest cleaning forum has helped to get all them right ups in those magazines etc, ive never understood all the hype about people getting certificates and completing courses, the woman from safe contractor must ring me up everyy week asking me to join,

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 10:49:35 pm »
RWC

Where did it once say anything to do with being a mod, ask Tosh it doesnt mean diddly pooh being a mod.

I got the write ups because i emailed every single publication i could think of, not one of them knew i was a mod.

Tosh

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 10:52:43 pm »

If i ever do decide to join the fed committee that has nothing to do with what i try to advise people on.

I knew it from your pro FWC posts.

How perceptive am I?

;D

Personally, I don't care if you want to be a member of the FWC, girl guides, or the Monster Raving Loony Party.

I believe your skill is in your marketing; and if you do get on the FWC committee that will just be another marketing tool for you.

As I say, how perceptive am I?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 10:55:53 pm »
Tosh

What are you on about, being on a committee is more of an hindrance to your business than anything.

Marketing is down to your own personal accumin, if i were that bothered about the marketing angle i would of kept the APWC alive where i had 100% control, i could of even give out free memberships to keep the numbers up.