Mr.G

Re: What do you want out of window cleaning?
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 10:59:50 pm »
as a single parent i value the fact that i can take time off when my daughter's ill, (quite often)  attend meetings at school etc
 also that i can have a lie in when i've slept badly, window cleaning is THE number 1 flexible job!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 11:23:00 pm »
For me it is money, I want to earn £1m

Tosh

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 11:39:41 pm »

Is this turn over or profit?  If it's profit, before or after tax?

Obviously it all makes a massive difference to your disposable income!

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 11:56:00 pm »
Money is the answer. (Unless it’s a fetish or you do it for free)

It’s amazing how people talk about them self or there family, when the subject is window cleaning.

Its money plain and simple pull the wool over your own eyes.

i don't think anyone is not in it for money, but there are other ways to get money.
the point is getting the money with minimum impact on the important things.
i became a window cleaner to get money in the shortest time, so that i could spend the amount of time i want with the family, and do the things i feel are important in life ;D

johns window kleen

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 12:05:40 am »
I became a window cleaner cos I was sick and tired of an auditing job, and all its accompanying Americanised bullpoop, "Blue sky thinking"  "Think outside the box" and much much worse.

I just wanted no more stress, or pure bull.
It wasnt money that did it believe me.

Now all I think is wheres the nearest Tesco's I need to pee.

So I got what I wanted, a simpler more manageable life,on my own terms.

Pj

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 12:17:50 am »

My father in law, who died last year, always used to say - "I've made a small fortune in my time....but I've lost a big one!"
He was a multi-millionaire in 1980

I have tasted much of the "rich life", you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Art

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 12:23:48 am »

My father in law, who died last year, always used to say - "I've made a small fortune in my time....but I've lost a big one!"
He was a multi-millionaire in 1980

I have tasted much of the "rich life", you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Go on PJ, i'd love to hear it ?

Londoner

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 07:29:24 am »
Freedom and the ability to be my own man.

One of the big things for me is there is no big boss. I worked for a big multinational company for years.

Having to work for a series of bullying, power mad morons who all thought they were God's gift finished me off. They could, and often did, destroy people's careers - even their lives - on a whim.

In the last few years when business was going down the pan I saw some terrible things done and because I had a mortgage and a young family I had to go along with it and kow tow to them.

Now I wake up in the morning, smell the fresh air and say "what do I want to do today"   

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 07:37:51 am »
Turnover or Profit, if it was profit i would be a millionare in the year my profit hit that level.

Turnover ? The profits on that turnover would be quite high, so after the accumulation of 3-5 years, that should give a £1m as well.

Also my profits could give me the means to persue another direction, ie property investment etc.

You have to have a dream.

Saying all that if it all starts slipping away, theres always that fishermans cottage in the Outer Hebrides, I will be happy with that too

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 07:51:34 am »
At the moment, I want to be free of debt by the next Olympics.  After that, I want to be mortgage free by 10 years from now.  It used to be about a low stress decent wage but now I just want to be free of the stuff that drags me down.

ftp

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 07:52:38 am »

It’s amazing how people talk about them self or there family, when the subject is window cleaning.

You don't have a family ?

gary999

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 05:44:08 pm »
making a living on my terms not somebody elses :)

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 05:46:12 pm »
Ive now got what I aspired to when I first started.

ZaNo

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 06:06:22 pm »
I want to be able to buy what i want when i want (with in reason) and not cack my pants wonderin if my cards gonna get declined and then say its the banks fault n walk off. 8)

also id like to treat £100 like its pocket change!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 06:08:14 pm »
its all about the money for me and always was. it may not buy you happiness but it buys you the opportunity for happiness.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 07:44:04 pm »
money cant buy happiness but it can rent it for a night ;)

ZaNo

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 08:08:43 pm »
This is about what you want out of W/C not life. Out of life id want happyness yes like everyone but from W/C i want MONEY AND LOTS OF IT!!!!!!!!!

matt

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 09:06:42 pm »

i disagree

i could earn more money by working for some1 else

now the problem in that is that working for some1 else i can only take so much time off

thus, working as a WC'er means i can take the time off to do what i like

some1 once said " window cleaning should not be a lifestyle choice" for me it is

matt

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 10:17:58 pm »

Just out of interest could you work the same hours as your window cleaning round working for some one else and still make the same money?

i will try to answer the question honestly ;)

if i worked for someone else doing carpentry / building / project-site management i would expect a package that would mean i would get paid for more hours then i worked, i have allways done the same

the job gets done, i get what i want, thus i would earn at a guess slightly more for the same hours worked

BUT i dont think i would get the same Flexibility, you can only push it so far, then i feel i would be taking the pee

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 10:27:46 pm »
All that compact work in the same street, let someone else do it. Build another better business.Use a van. Buy proper kit.Don't let your prejudices stand in the way of making money.

....sorry couldn't help it.