Re: Telephone Canvassing; Any Tips?
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 06:39:34 pm »
Thanks for the info about TPS registration, im always bombarded with marketing calls, pee's me right off. I will actually signed up and will put complaints through in future.

Bugger, I was just thinking about phoning you, see if you need a window-cleaner.

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 06:41:23 pm »
Thanks for the info about TPS registration, im always bombarded with marketing calls, pee's me right off. I will actually signed up and will put complaints through in future.

Bugger, I was just thinking about phoning you, see if you need a window-cleaner.

you have 28 days - till its active.. I might accept, but only if your cheaper than me! :P

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 06:49:10 pm »
Nice website Chris, like the health and safety blurb.

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 06:54:44 pm »

thanks however its stolen from somewhere :P whoops should i admit to that?

The website is changing come the new year - slightly different layout and content, due to my change in business direction - more to upper residential - other than to any residential, and hopefully i can get more pics on it due to the change in layout. As most things in life, its a work in progress, when i get the time :P

richywilts

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 07:10:02 pm »
bod wat dya mean the gruff of a northener at least we dont all sound like farmers up north!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 07:15:59 pm »

thanks however its stolen from somewhere :P whoops should i admit to that?

I was collared by e-mail last night re: someones pic on my website B-)

I think words are harder to prove copyright than images, IMHO even with images it very grey subject, easy to get around, very easy.

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 07:42:06 pm »
bod wat dya mean the gruff of a northener at least we dont all sound like farmers up north!!!

daoes it matter what your accent is? so long as its local to where you are trying to canvass it wont make any difference.

Now, if your from the north and trying to do it down south (or vice versa), then it will be noticeable.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 12:49:11 pm »
Be careful if you have not paid for your data (cleaned) as a lot of company`s are signed up with the tps - and if you call one expect a court summon`s - A pal of mine ( carpet cleaner ) got fined 700.00 - He was using yellow page`s as his data source - the tps screen against unsolicited unwanted calls - tread carefully!

My three numbers are all registered with the TPS and it doesn't seem to stop them calling me :(  .
I (accidentally) found a way of getting rid of cold callers recently.  I was cleaning an upstairs window with my pole when the mobile went off.  I managed to answer it one handed but it was awkward.  I said to the guy (and I was genuine) "Hold on 20 seconds as I just need to put my tools down and switch the water off."  By  the time I picked my phone up again, he had rung off.  I imagine he assumed that I was just going to leave him hanging on the other end.

Tosh

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 03:46:37 pm »
I got a monthly £40 job, and quoted for two £80 accounts (both buildings mirror images of each other), from telephone canvassing; though I haven't heard if I've got them or not.   >:(

But the £40 job was worth it, even if I don't get the other two; it's something I'm going to keep on doing.

Bonkors

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 04:49:19 pm »
Tosh, looks like you have got a good coversion rate in terms of number or calls v's quotes requested.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 06:03:27 pm »
Had a look on the TPS website.  Seems you're on a sticky wicket if you phone someone who's registered with them.  You can get numbers checked for £50/month (500 numbers - after that it's charged per number)

Snags:

You have to register, and then you're charged £50/month whether you use the service or not.

It only covers you to check 500 numbers.  If the first 499 you check are registered with TPS you only get one you can actually call

I'll stick with leaflets and doorknocking

Till they ban that in my area, anyway ::)