Jeff Brimble

You need the extension sections @ say £55 approx , measure the height of your job with a ball of string or tape measure.
Its the minimum you could pay, some may go Emporium( I have one) or Sl2 but with care I am still using and enjoying my original F16.

Wayne Thomas

I've been using an Emporium 18ft pole (6 x 3ft sections), carbon/glass composite. 3ft section so much better than a 5ft section for ground floor work. Very impressed with it.
Fitted a Gardiner super lite brush so can raise from ground to 21 ft without cracking pole. So light, could feel the difference when I went back to SL2 again. Very good pole for domestic work.
I can understand why people like fishing poles even at low height compared to telescopic poles now. It's addictive once you get the hang of them, so easy to clean. Going to get myself 2 zensorflex poles now and make a 21ft pole to play with. 

wightsurf

I have a Emporium 45ft. Only just got it ,i think it's good but time will tell.
Back to the subject ;D
How do you get on with gates and things with these types of poles. When i used one on a large job for the first time and i had to make the pole smaller i was scared where to put the section i had just taken off.
I know you can use a trolley but they are no good over gates ect.

geefree

well , i have noy recieved a single item yet... from either of the companies you stated tosh ??? ???

Tosh

well , i have noy recieved a single item yet... from either of the companies you stated tosh ??? ???

Yes, it's all my fault!  I've delayed al the deliveries from the two different suppliers just to wind you up!

Of course I haven't.

However, I've had an e-mail from the fishing pole supplier saying they've been despatched today and will arrive tomorrow.

Be patient!

geefree

i was simply just letting you know.  :)

Tosh

Gazza, as soon as you get all the stuff; give me a shout.  I stick my head into this forum every day; so no problems there.

I know my fishing poles are arriving tomorrow, so I guess yours will too; make sure someone's at home or leave delivery instructions on your door for a neighbor to sign for them.

I've only one job I want to do tomorrow; not a big one either - it's more of a favour to a customer whose getting some sort of inspection on her B & B - basically I've a day off work to do some DIY (wood store building), but when my poles arrive, I'll down tools and take the photos required for the instructions.

It's very simple though, so don't worry; I reckon you can do it in fifteen minutes; tops.

Spruce

Hi Guys
Thanks as my poles are also expected here tomorrow
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Tosh

Spruce, have you got the other stuff from Emporium?

geefree

Okay, Thanks Tosh,

I hope the pole does arrive... i too, am still waiting for the other bits , fro the other company... as i said earlier... so i hope they ar'nt too long...

karygate

i built mine with a 16m shimano but found that when using the second section to attach brush too it was too thin. now i use it from the 4th section down and its great. if i need any more length the extra sections can be bought . i attached my brush by screwing it to a glass landing net pole,then feeding this into the top section with some foam inbetween. slightly heavier but it feels stronger.
gary

Tosh

Gazza, have you got your delivery yet?

Well here goes, my version of a DIY WFP (thanks to Matt and Jeff B).

First of all you need the following:

Pic 1:  WFP brush, a goosneck, an adaptor to that fits to your fishing pole (available from Emporium Poles for about £5), some gaffer tape, a hacksaw and a pair of scissors.

Pic 2:  A Zensorflex pole, about £20 with delivery.

Spruce

Spruce, have you got the other stuff from Emporium?

Hi Tosh
Yes thanks, got everything. I didn't order the brush as I already have a Bentley jetted up and waiting to go.
Poles also arrived today but addressed incorrectly - right address, right telephone no. wrong name.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Tosh

Next, you have to discard the TOP THREE THIN SECTIONS (I think some have used the third section, but my advice is to bin it; it's too thin).

Then with the fourth section of the pole, hacksaw about 15 inches from the top, then work your way down, hacksawing inch by inch down the pole till the adaptor (the one from Emporium Poles) fits the end of your fishing pole snugly.

It doesn't have to be really tight, and no glue is required.

Then it's a simple case of fitting the goosneck and brush head.

Tosh

That's the pole nearly finished.

assemble the pole (it's easier to do this next bit without the brush attached) and where the male ends finish on the female ends, put two turns of gaffer tape AROUND THE MALE POLE, JUST BELOW WHERE THE FEMALE END FINISHES.

The idea of this is to make a STOP, so your poles can't compress together and you end up struggling to pull your poles apart.

It's a very simple concept, but it's not one that I find easy to describe.  If you can't understand what I've just written, that's my fault.

Here's a pic; you'll have to look carefully.

Tosh

That's the pole basically finished.

Further enhancements could be to add a turn-or-two of gaffer tape around the bottom sections of the female ends, just to protect them.

You could also use the end cap that comes with the poles and put it on your biggest bottom section just to protect that.

You could also buy another Zensorflex which will add another three foot to your fifteen-foot pole (another pole only costs £20, so it would be wise to get one for spares and so that you can use the bottom two sections to increase the height (only by 3 foot though).

Are there any questions?

Tosh

Oh, and just a quick note about the above.

It was recently pointed out to me that the SL2 modular pole is a far superior tool; and I fully agree.  But an SL2 is far too expensive a pole to go bashing it about on everyday two story work.

I'm not knocking SL2s, I'm just saying this pole is just as light, strong, and costs a fraction of 'shop purchased' poles.

pikeman

Looks really good could you do the same with a gangtser to get extra length.

Tosh

Looks really good could you do the same with a gangtser to get extra length.

I've not used a gangster, but yes, many others have.

I think that's my next purchase.

pikeman

Thanks tosh any idea what length of pole i would end up with.