Tosh

Hi
Also ordered the parts required to build a new pole.
Not part of the challenge, but please don't forget to put the step by step instructions up.
Thanks
Spruce

Spruce,

I'm not sure I'm happy about that!  I need my pole longer, and I believe you can do that by getting extra Zensorflex fishing rods and using the bottom two sections from the new poles to give added height to your 'working Zensorflex pole'.  They just slot in the bottom section of your working pole.

So using Jeff's link I ordered another two poles (at under £40) to hopefully give me another 12 foot of height.

But I've received this e-mail from the suppliers today:

Thank you for your order.

Due to the volume of orders and time of year we are experiencing a slight delay.

Your order will be with you within the next 7 working days.

Many Thanks

Mail Order Team @ Mullarkeys

So it looks like my delivery is delayed! 

I wonder why?   >:(

Tosh

But, yes, I'll post up the pics as soon as Gazza gets his gear; which hopefully will be the same time as I get my new poles.

Spruce

Hi
Not part of the challenge, but please don't forget to put the step by step instructions up.
Thanks
Spruce

Spruce,

I'm not sure I'm happy about that!  I need my pole longer, and I believe you can do that by getting extra Zensorflex fishing rods and using the bottom two sections from the new poles to give added height to your 'working Zensorflex pole'.  They just slot in the bottom section of your working pole.

So using Jeff's link I ordered another two poles (at under £40) to hopefully give me another 12 foot of height.

But I've received this e-mail from the suppliers today:

Thank you for your order.

Due to the volume of orders and time of year we are experiencing a slight delay.

Your order will be with you within the next 7 working days.

Many Thanks

Mail Order Team @ Mullarkeys

So it looks like my delivery is delayed! 

I wonder why?   >:(

Yeh,
Got the same reply as well - bet they are confused as to what's caused the sudden increase in the popularity of fishing.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

wightsurf

Tosh
I don't think these are very good bently_jetted_brush.
After useing one for half a day i decided that i would change to my diy Salmon,of which you can rinse on the glass.
You may find them ok but they where not for me ,as alot on here told me so before i even used it.But i had to find out for my self  ::)

Tosh

I like the weight of the Bently and still rinse on the glass if I have to without any problems I've noticed.

I also like the thin 'knife edge' stock which makes scraping bird poo off glass easier than my old Ionics brush.

wightsurf

Have you tried a Salmon ?

Tosh

Have you tried a Salmon ?

That's Peter F's brush I think, the white long one with the blue bristles?

I've not really used one, but Ian_Giles used to use one; and yes I've not heard anything bad about them, but honest, the Bently is fine.  I've done my own windows with it, and a few inside/outside jobs, so I know it works.

I don't think it's that hard-wearing, but as long as I get six-months out of it, I'll be happy.

wightsurf

As long as it works for you is the main thing.But for about £6. now the salmon is a good brush( me thinks)  ;D

dai

Hi
Thanks
Spruce

Spruce,

Tosh, you said you had an Unger aluminium pole, if it's the 32ft teleplus you can use the bottom 2 sections to make your pole longer. all you need is an adapter that can easily be made.
I used the tapered section of an old oar.
The tapered section fits into the zensoflex and the other end was turned down to fit the Unger number 4 section, your pole is now longer by two Unger sections.
As in this picture.

dai

sorry about the quality, here's a better pic

Tosh

Dai,

Cheers, but Jeff B suggested something similar which I tried today, but didn't like. 

I've had to put some work on 'hold', until my 'fishing poles' arrive, which hopefully will give me the extra reach I need.  I could use my Ungers, but why should I when I could have a far easier time with my fishing poles?

It's a brilliant bit of kit though; I can't say I enjoy working, though I don't mind it, but using this DIY pole makes work almost a pleasure; if that's possible.

I'm cross with myself that I didn't do it a year-or-so-ago when I first heard about the DIY 'fishing poles', but it sounded so naff, I didn't really bother.

But DIY fishing poles do compare with commercial 'fishing poles' that cost a small fortune.

geefree

I was just wondering, is there anything that could clamp around the pole... with a pertruding , which we could snap the pole hose into... and if we have to take a section off for downstairs windows.... just unclip the hose?

the only thing i dont fancy is pole hose hanging down in front of a lounge window,... just think it would look a little , well ... not so professional, for want of a better word.

Tosh

the only thing i dont fancy is pole hose hanging down in front of a lounge window,... just think it would look a little , well ... not so professional, for want of a better word.

Gazza,

How does external pole hose look less unprofessional than external?  How does any normal customer know the difference?

Sigh!

ftp

When the pole is vertical you just spin it a few turns and the hose will coil around the pole if you want it too. The biggest drawback with these poles is that they tend to be fragile, they work great as long as you don't step on them or shut the van door on them. Not a good idea to lever them over a flat roof either. If your lucky/careful then they are brilliant.

Tosh

The biggest drawback with these poles is that they tend to be fragile, they work great as long as you don't step on them or shut the van door on them. Not a good idea to lever them over a flat roof either. If your lucky/careful then they are brilliant.

Which type of poles are you talking about?  The DIY modular or the commercial variety?

ftp

DIY and the earlier Superlights. I used the Gangsta/Realoads and they are pretty fragile the S1 was bad too S2 - much better. I bought a Zensorflex for eighteen quid new but it was shorter than i wanted and the sections were short too. Stuck it back on ebay and got £32.00 for it.  :D
I swore by them for well over a year but couldn't stop treading on them so bought the SLX instead and wouldn't go back to modular now for every day work. I use an S2 for the higher stuff.
Started with an extender - five weeks later and that went in the bin. Had an xcel fibreglass pole and used it for a week - dreadful. Had a go with a tucker 60 foot and couldn't even pick it up once it got near 40'
Some of the earlier poles were terrible Zensorflex looks good for the money.

pjulk

How much could a 60ft pole be made for out of fishing pole's and what pole's would i need to buy to make this possible

Jeff Brimble

4rth section of a Zensorflex as your top piece and the 16.5 metre  F16 from cheshire fishing for £250 will get you to 42 ft actual pole length,so then you would need another 3/4 5ft5" extension sections to go to approx 60ft

pjulk

Thanks very much jeff.

Those 3/4 5ft 5 extensions piece's can they be bought seperate or would it be buy 3/4 cheaper poles.