Sir Squeaky

Re: Spurred on by Squeaky; Any tips on my DIY Carbon Pole...
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2008, 07:51:53 pm »
Rog, order both the Zensor and the Gangsta.. Use the gangasta as an everyday pole and get your sl sections repaired or replaced.
I'm not made of money Jeff! :o
Don't forget I'm a bit down on money from having to skip a few too!

Tosh

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008, 07:54:55 pm »
Zensor is very robust.

Jeff,

Out of sheer habit, I found myself 'hitting' windows shut with it; on three-or-four occasions and the pole was fine; no problems.

And then I started to get more confident and cheeky with it and found I could put a fair amount of pressure on the pole to scrub bird poo.

I may buy another; I think Matt said that the bottom two sections would fit onto the Zensor giving me another 6 foot of height, which is enough to do the highest windows I currently do.

------------------------------------------

The only thing about it that I don't like is that I work from an estate, and my old Ungers used to sit nicely on the roof rack, but with these poles I have to put them in the car; and the long section goes over the seats into the driving area.

Can you see what I mean about my Unger poles on top of my car's roof rack?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2008, 07:59:57 pm »
Not sure about banging them shut but you can turn the pole upside down and slowly slide sliding window upper sashes shut.
If you get another you will be able to try fitting the unger alu tube outside the no3 section to compare before you need to cut the 4rth section. I found it too bendy.

Tosh

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 08:10:15 pm »
If you get another you will be able to try fitting the unger alu tube outside the no3 section to compare before you need to cut the 4rth section. I found it too bendy.

This is how I did it yesturday; I had the alluminium tube on the outside of the No 3 section, but it was too bendy, especially for my alluminium gooseneck and old Ionic brush.

So this morning I discarded the No 3 section and cut the 4th section down so I could fit the alluminium piece inside it; secured with some super-glue; as advised.

It's spot on!

matt

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 08:11:08 pm »
Not sure about banging them shut but you can turn the pole upside down and slowly slide sliding window upper sashes shut.

i found the bend just right, it somewhat gave the right pressure on the glass ( if you get what i mean )

then a very soon after i started to use it, the thing blew over ( i used to leave the unger against the wall fully extended ) it hit a plant pot and snapped the top few feet off, just the size where the pole is big enough for the unger to go inside the pole ( the way you do it jeff ) , as you said its a lot stiffer and also works well, ive since became used to the pole and it feels right

on a point of note, the pole is so light, you CANNOT leave it against the wall, you need to either put it on a fence or drop it 1 section ( takes seconds to do )

geefree

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 12:39:48 am »
well i cant get my head around this at all,... i must be a little dumb regarding DIY.
how do you quickly extend the pole? and drop it .
how do the sections stick together?

and i too, cant work with hose outside...

forgive me if the answers are in the above posts, but its cheap at 21 quid and i want one.... but i cant get my head around all that cutting and stuff...you guys are brill , by the way. ;)

pjulk

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 01:57:10 am »
Do you have to have a section of unger pole also then to stick on the top.

If so i will need to buy another unger pole not sure now if its worth the expense

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2008, 06:17:13 am »
...no just use a bit cut off the adjustable elbow see pic from the other thread

Cut the alu tube 2 1/4" from tip and then cut the RT tip, glue and fit the alu piece inside. Fit the elbow after drilling two new adapter holes- they have to be exactly at the correct angle or the tools will be lob sided  :D
I started with a Leeda Blue diamond but its no longer made the F16 was the nearest I could get to it. The £250 package is unbeatable value.
I suggest everyone start with a Zensorflex as you will need the no4 section to make a top piece that will fit on most other poles. Then if the 29ft Gangsta is high enough use that but if you need to go higher then get the F16 or a Sl2 or Emporium which will all take extension sections.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 08:26:26 am »
I'd imagine if I get either pole that one of the sections will slot into my top section of SL2, hence no cutting. :)

matt

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008, 04:13:56 pm »
Do you have to have a section of unger pole also then to stick on the top.

If so i will need to buy another unger pole not sure now if its worth the expense

b&q sell scetion ali tube

or as jeff said, buy the unger ali angle adaptor

pjulk

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2008, 08:12:12 pm »
Thanks thats a good idea with the angle adapter.

Im in B&Q this week so will look for some ali tubing.

matt

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2008, 08:19:59 pm »
Thanks thats a good idea with the angle adapter.

Im in B&Q this week so will look for some ali tubing.

also look in the isle that has TV arial stuff, they have rod near the TV arial,

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2008, 09:19:15 pm »
B&Q used to sell 45 degree tv masting with double elbows they have now restocked with a 35 degree double its called "SLx" the 35 degree is better and tighter bends, push fits on the end of the tapered glass fibre section. Cut one in half or use it just like one of the suppliers. £9

pjulk

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 10:29:58 am »
Rummaging through my cupboards today i found an old 8mtr 0-series graphite glass shakespear pole perfect to convert to WFP.
Its only been used twice for fishing so still looks brand new, although its about 12 years old.
But its really light and rigid even though it graphite glass i after putting it up minus some sections from the top i reckon i will have about 18 - 20ft useable length.

I was going to convert it today but i can't find and plastic cranked joint for the brush head.
so will order one of those and next week i shall try it out.

pjulk

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2008, 10:58:27 am »
Right what glue is best to glue the ali tubing in the top i have superglue but don't think this will last.

I can't wait till next week im taking the angle of one of my other poles just to try out.

matt

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2008, 11:22:33 am »
i used superglue, it lasted for 11 months ( then came off, i wrapped a few turns of tape around it intill i got home )

you can drill a few small holes in the ali tube, it gives it a key

pjulk

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2008, 02:42:35 pm »
thanks matt