Tosh

More Help With Flyers - AAAAArrrrrgggg!
« on: February 26, 2008, 10:02:56 am »
Cheers to the guys who e-mailed me their flyers, but for some sodding reason my computer won't open a Word Document; it says something like 'File Corrupt'; but my computer is nearly new; ruddy thing, so it looks like I'll have to start from scratch.

Anyway, I'd like some help with the wording. 

If it helps, I'm targetting the estates local to me (there's some nice rural estates round here), and also an area where I have a lot of work already (it's where Squeaky lives; he's too posh to clean there).  We do like our work CLOSE TO HOME.

I guess my bonus points are that

1.   We're local
2.   I work with my Missis (some customers like that; I think it makes them feel safer; particularly my elderly ones).
3.  I'm fully insured; I bet there's many round here who aren't.

This is what I've come up with so far:

-----------------------------------------------------------

ABC WINDOW CLEANING
(Est 2001)

Do you want a Regular Window Cleaner:

Who is Fully Insured.

Offers a friendly and professional service.

Is local (we live in Sedbury).

We are a small family business; a husband and wife team and we are looking to expand into our local area.

If you wish to contact us for a free no-obligation quote, please phone the numbers below:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any pointers, or critisizm would be happily taken on board (apart from personal slaggings from Squeaky).

Regards,

Tosh.

XXX

Paul Coleman

Re: More Help With Flyers - AAAAArrrrrgggg!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 10:18:36 am »
Cheers to the guys who e-mailed me their flyers, but for some sodding reason my computer won't open a Word Document; it says something like 'File Corrupt'; but my computer is nearly new; ruddy thing, so it looks like I'll have to start from scratch.

Anyway, I'd like some help with the wording. 

If it helps, I'm targetting the estates local to me (there's some nice rural estates round here), and also an area where I have a lot of work already (it's where Squeaky lives; he's too posh to clean there).  We do like our work CLOSE TO HOME.

I guess my bonus points are that

1.   We're local
2.   I work with my Missis (some customers like that; I think it makes them feel safer; particularly my elderly ones).
3.  I'm fully insured; I bet there's many round here who aren't.

This is what I've come up with so far:

-----------------------------------------------------------

ABC WINDOW CLEANING
(Est 2001)

Do you want a Regular Window Cleaner:

Who is Fully Insured.

Offers a friendly and professional service.

Is local (we live in Sedbury).

We are a small family business; a husband and wife team and we are looking to expand into our local area.

If you wish to contact us for a free no-obligation quote, please phone the numbers below:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any pointers, or critisizm would be happily taken on board (apart from personal slaggings from Squeaky).

Regards,

Tosh.

XXX

Tosh  Try opening it with Wordpad first.  Right click on the file icon (not a shortcut), select "open with" and choose wordpad.  If wordpad isn't listed, navigate to it's .exe file (you may need to do a search to locatre it).  Using wordpad will probably lose some of the formatting but the display should give you an idea.

MJH

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 10:25:30 am »
If its new it might have microsoft works only mine did, i had to install word myself!

Ian W

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 04:26:37 pm »
Or download Open Office. It's free.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 04:28:48 pm »
Yer wasting yer time Tosh.

Nobody in that area likes WFP and there are too many cleaners in the area so says Squeeky ;D.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.