NWH

Re: Do any of you have other occupations besides window cleaning?
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2008, 10:28:16 pm »
i know what you're feeling tosh.

i feel the same way. I do quite a bit of graffiti removal and jetwashing these days. Ive been doing for a few years, but im just pushing it foreward at the mo. i actually enjoy graffiti removal and jet washing, but i dread going to work to clean the same 3bed houses avey month or so.

It might be worth doing a tiling course, or plastering. i know someone that is doing a course in plastering for four days. and its costing him £250. not a lot to pay for the training at all, but its in birmingham.

might be worth thinking about.
I'm a tiler, and thinking about going into hard floor cleaning. Tiling is a very skillful job, wall prep, setting out, different tiles, stone, ceramic, porcelain, and very hard on your knees and back, and I'm sorry you cant learn tiling and plastering in four days. people these days in these trades have to work to a very high standard, and it takes years to start earning a decent living.
The thing is Sherco,that new job your starting and our job have 1 thing in common,the poles are taking over.I know a dry liner and he`s earning less now than he was in 1995.

DASERVICES

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2008, 10:39:45 pm »
I was thinking of a Gigolo but I think Tosh has beaten me to that  ;D ;D

tacky

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2008, 10:49:12 pm »
the world is ur lobster .nowdays their r so many trade courses.out there . u can pick what u want .but at end of day .there is the best trade of all WINDOW CLEANING .

macmac

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2008, 12:23:48 am »
So, from this we can conclude that the average windowcleaner doesn't clean thirty to forty houses a day or earn £200+ every day. I thought it was just me. Oh well. :-[

You forgot to add- 7 days per week, regardless of weather with no complaints ;)

tony

groundhog

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2008, 12:30:59 am »
So, from this we can conclude that the average windowcleaner doesn't clean thirty to forty houses a day or earn £200+ every day. I thought it was just me. Oh well. :-[

Not all of us are average!!  ;D ;)

texas girl

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2008, 03:54:52 am »
Hey Tosh,

Stick with window cleaning!  :o I know what you mean about considering other business ventures.

Window cleaning might seem boring because you have done it so long; weather makes it challenging; finding someone to help you; etc.

Stick with it! I have tried other ventures in the past and even with my college education as a teacher I have returned to window cleaning.

It is a needed service; so the need will always be there.

You are your own boss; pain in the rear; but you can always count on yourself. I have been in window cleaning 28 years now.

You see instant results from window cleaning; thus that is why we are window cleaners as we find this fulfilling.

Hang in there. The reasons are many; but obviously you are good at this and spring is just around the corner.  8)

Cheers,

Texas Girl :-*
Debbie