derek west

Re: just bought this.
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 10:55:34 pm »
work in progress craig, i'm on the same wave length.  ;D

and the fact that we're called affordable cleaners means the world of cleaning is our lobster. :)

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 11:33:00 pm »
Ah lobsters that explains the 250 gallon tank right. :-\ :-\

No dam  off to bed. :-[
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2010, 07:10:04 am »
the most important information you need !!!

when you invest in the best machinery your normal hourly rate goes out of the window, don't compare P/W with carpet cleaning, what you achieve in an hour of P/W with the best equipment is of a higher value than an hour of carpet cleaning.

and..... if it takes a powerwasher 6hrs to clean a drive with a average machine and charges £300 why should you charge any less because you have invested big money in the best equipment...... even though this equipment does the same job in 3 hrs.

don't be charging £40 an hour or you will be a robbing yourself
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2010, 07:18:37 am »
Looks a great set up derek and more impresive than turning up with just a cheap p washer :)

Think it will get you noticed on jobs and will get some attention..

collins ReVive Stoneworks

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2010, 08:52:57 am »
kettle and biccies

on bud lovelllllllllllllllllllllllly piece of kit

that will get the neighbours curtains a"  flapping

exel Derek
Karl collins

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 12:54:41 pm »
Just seen this thread Derek.

I have used something similar for loading bay cleaning - sadly the contract was termiated when they took it in house.

It looks like a great piece of kit.

Have fun.

Mike
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

Dennis

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2010, 01:08:08 pm »
I've just noticed (if you didn't know Derek) it's a Hugh Crane machine made fairly locally to me.

http://www.hughcrane.com/

Joe H

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2010, 01:26:49 pm »
You will get your money back pretty soon I reckon Derek - you seem good at the marketing and there is a market for that, you will tap into it.

derek west

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2010, 01:39:25 pm »
mike
this job just ouzes fun, lovin it. think it'll be a while before i call it work. :)

i did know den, looks like a good company. is it?

cheers joe, hope so mate, think thats it for spending on gear now, anymore more money will be spent on training and marketting, but cost effective marketting instead of hit and hope.

got alltec hardfloor booked for may and doing a 1 day graffiti course in april. think that will do for this year.

its time to kick ass and chew gum, an i'm all outa gum. ;D

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2010, 01:59:15 pm »
mike
this job just ouzes fun, lovin it. think it'll be a while before i call it work. :)

i did know den, looks like a good company. is it?

They have been one of my suppliers for years, great engineers, they know their stuff. 01493 750072. They are based in Acle, Norfolk.

Dennis

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2010, 02:32:38 pm »
What he↑↑↑ said.  ;D

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2010, 05:09:07 pm »
get some gutter poles from omni pole

Oh please don't use it for presure washing gutters out, or at least not domestic properties.
Trust me on this, pressure washing gutters out means the cr.p will fly at least 3 hours down the street which means you then have a major clean up on your hands, along with a lot of hacked off people and ensuring neighbour disputes breaking out.
Maybe commercials......on a Sunday.....with no cars around, otherwise you'll be creating more work (unpaid) for yourself.

jasonl

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2010, 05:11:10 pm »

Oh please don't use it for presure washing gutters out, or at least not domestic properties.
Trust me on this, pressure washing gutters out means the cr.p will fly at least 3 hours down the street which means you then have a major clean up on your hands, along with a lot of hacked off people and ensuring neighbour disputes breaking out.
Maybe commercials......on a Sunday.....with no cars around, otherwise you'll be creating more work (unpaid) for yourself.

Surely you can turn the pressure/flow rate down?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2010, 05:17:22 pm »

Surely you can turn the pressure/flow rate down?

surely i can do that with my truckmount with the right attachment

Steve Chapman

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2010, 06:06:38 pm »
A friend of mine aquired a similar setup a few years ago but couldnt make the surface cleaning pay enough, so he diversified into drain cleaning with use of few extra attachments and emergency unblocking etc and now makes an absolute fortune, gets called in by local council etc.

worth thinking about if you dont mind getting a bit mucky  :o

steve

derek west

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2010, 06:14:30 pm »
not at all steve, mucky is my middle name and as they say, where theres muck theres money. plus its got the drain jet attachment. ;)

Steve Chapman

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2010, 06:19:10 pm »
sorted  8)

steve

Colin Day

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2010, 06:22:00 pm »
Derek, you could even try oven cleaning with it! That would be fun to watch ;D

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2010, 08:09:03 pm »
where theres muck theres money. plus its got the drain jet attachment. ;)

You're not wrong. The last time my sewage line blocked up it cost me £90 for them to turn up, turn on their super blaster, lift the drain cover, shove it up the pipe, blast the cr.p out, put drain cover back on, say 'there you go,' here's the bill and goodbye........15 minutes :o

Jim_77

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2010, 09:01:21 pm »
Will be interested to hear updates on this over the next few months derek, good luck to you :)

Regarding Hugh Crane... They are multi-trillionaires.  Well they must be, I recently tried to buy some CAT pump oil off them and they obviously don't need my money because they didn't return my calls or emails :-\