davep

Matt Lindus

Re: prowler
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 04:24:51 pm »
£6898.85 for a Carpet cleaning machine, you need your heads testing! Work harder with what you've got.

You could set up a viable little business with that sort of money, not p*** it up the wall on a declining market.

Matt

Joe H

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 04:32:40 pm »
For a semi TM it's vacuum is only the same as my porty.
Thought it might have been a bit more powerful.
John

John
Time for you to take a trip across the Pennines and into north Cheshire - Warrington.
Come and have a go with my Prowler - you will see and feel the difference.

Matt
I cant believe you said that.
We all have viable little businesses already, and £7k is a small amount for a machine that will perform well on whatever job we throw at it.
3 vac portables will do a good job in the hands of a good operator, but a Prowler will do it quicker.
2 vac machines will take longer still.
True, the Prowler is not the machine to do the large cruise liners, but that is not the typical work of the vast majority of carpet cleaners. All domestics and up to med size commercial is well within its scope.

davep

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 04:38:48 pm »
A declining market?  have people stopped buying carpets and suites? 

clinton

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 04:41:11 pm »
Think there will be less suites to clean as they are becoming cheaper each year i guess ::)

markpowell

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 04:52:23 pm »
This has been my busiest year in many, so i disagree with Matts comment.
Mark

Matt Lindus

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 05:21:20 pm »
This has been my busiest year in many, so i disagree with Matts comment.
Mark

That Mark is a testament to how good you are at running a business. Many people are able to grow sales in a contracting market by hard work and persistence.

What you should never do is judge the whole market by you own performance, Ill give you an example.

If overall market in your sector declines 15% in one year.

Through hard work Mark you still manage to increase your turnover and profit by 10% on last year.

On The Other Hand

If the overall market had grown 15% in one year.

And you worked equally as hard during this period you turnover and profit would be 25% up on last year.

Matt

derek west

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 06:25:20 pm »
£6898.85 for a Carpet cleaning machine, you need your heads testing! Work harder with what you've got.

You could set up a viable little business with that sort of money, not p*** it up the wall on a declining market.

Matt

thought it was me that was best at talking b0ll0x on this forum, looks like ive been superceded.

hats off to ya matt

derek

gary.coles

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 06:38:50 pm »
 Makes a change for some one to beat you Derek!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

G.

JandS

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 06:43:37 pm »
For that kind of money think I would have thrown another 4 grand in the pot
and got a mid range TM.
Can get one for £10,500 inc the dreaded.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

markpowell

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 07:01:16 pm »
A prowler is 15 hp so is just as powerfull as an entry level TM for 60% of the price, that extra £4000 on a good marketing programme would be better spent imo.
Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 07:13:53 pm »
Wait for the 20hp Prowler, I think the Prowler range is the best value on the market they excel at the starter end of the market coupled with good service it's a marriage made in heaven.

Shaun

davep

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 07:18:25 pm »
John are you going to explain how the vac is the same as your portys?

John Kelly

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 07:19:13 pm »
We've run them along side other truckmounts costing twice the price and swapped hoses and people couldn't tell the difference.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 07:34:33 pm »
You can't tell manually but the numbers don't lie, I upgraded from a 21hp TM to a 27hp with a bigger blower and it does allow me to clean faster as I need less dry passes.

Like for like ie 15hp prowler and a 15hp other companies TMs then a prowler should out suck the competition because it has no waste tank meaning that it has less resistance on the vacuum.

Shaun

JandS

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009, 07:39:42 pm »
Its the same spec as mine.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Stu.Clem

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2009, 07:50:54 pm »
my 313 prowler sucks so hard I am seriously considering getting some glides!!! and  I am by no means a weakling fanny ....

I bit the bullet and upgraded after 1st year in biz about 2 months ago - the prowler is well on its way to paying for itself already - under £7k  for full working setup with 200ft hosing  and top quality backup is an absolute bargain for the quality and work rate it produces and is a very small price to pay for such potential earnings - shockingly stupid thing to say "work harder with what you already got" - I had a CFR paramount previously and working my  off could only manage around the £150 in a day - can EASILY double that now!  NO BRAINER!!

My bucket now is a container for my spotters  ;D
and i love seeing the waste disappearing in the steam - it also sounds  awesome - not the engine noise but the discharge pipe under the van  sounds something like a big harley snarling away :P

Mingin nightclub carpets 150ft hoses on still steaming - used 300l of 400l water tank and just under a full tank of fuel - oh and 5 stockings to keep filter clean... Wouldnt have even attempted that job with my old porty....

" I love prowlers me!!!!!!!!!!!"

Best wishes

Stu

Joe H

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2009, 07:52:34 pm »
John
Remind me of what your machine is please.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 08:05:01 pm »
All you lot that already own a Prowler. Where do you run the waste water hose to. I know that theres not such a great amount of waste water as most of it is vapouised, but you have to run it somewhere?
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Stu.Clem

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 08:17:37 pm »
10ft discharge pipe under van pointing in general direction of slope towards nearest drain. As you rightly state there is very little in the way of actual water on the average job.  Also the "steam" is of the low pressure variety and will not burn you.  I have an extra  40ft discharge hose if needed to take it across "sensitive" areas if req.  Can always stick pipe in large bucket or container if needs must.....

Stu