Re: websites; a regional differences
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2009, 06:56:53 pm »
I'm thinking of getting another number, it's one way to get a true handle on your web response.

Len Gribble

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 07:45:00 pm »
And there was me thinking carpet cleaning was rocket science. ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

mark_roberts

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 07:58:07 pm »
Reading this has nearly put me off getting a website. 

Mark

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2009, 08:17:41 pm »
Mark

Your namesake did my first website and it has helped build my business with very little additional financial commitment and a small amount of time input.

This got me thinking it's worth looking into. It's like anything else the learning curve is steep at first but then it starts getting easier as you join some of the dots.

Best of all if you are prepaired to put the effort in you take control and can tinker and improve consistently which is like giving yourself a pay rise every month.

clinton

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 08:23:37 pm »
Len

Your not alone ;D

clinton

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2009, 06:03:05 pm »
Mark

Dont let it put you off getting a web site mate :)

Are you getting one done soon ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2009, 06:21:25 pm »
Sooner or later they will turn off the life support machine for YP and if you got any work at all from it (lineage or advert) then that stream will be gone so a website will prepare you for the next 'directory' phase.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2009, 07:27:17 pm »
Think your right shaun.

Maybe even more avenues will open up in the next 5 or ten years or so.

Think thats why the newbies are finding work hard to come by as we had the y pages.

rich hand

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2009, 07:30:31 pm »
Using the statistics programmes that are attached to my c panel I get different results. Awstats shows approx 330  visits per month (270 unique visits) but with webalizer I get almost 3 times at approx 900/month (unique visits not shown).

I get about 2 enquiries per week which converts to 1 job every 2 weeks at best. This is for the merseyside/cheshire area. I am also thinking about removing the quote form.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2009, 07:31:38 pm »
I'm not sure I think that with the new thought of newbies that they don't het stuck in old ways and will go straight for the things that work as they have to make them work or else!

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2009, 07:33:16 pm »
I know another cleaner who has done this at least it makes them call, enquiries are a lazy way of hiding behind afaceless email.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2009, 07:53:26 pm »
Am too not replying to e mails etc as like you said shaun it gets them to ring you ???

derek west

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2009, 08:02:17 pm »
enquiry: Hi

Please can you arrange to quote for the cleaning of my lounge carpet. The property is in Northwich and the room is empty. Would it be possible for someone to visit on Saturday morning to assess?

Hi steve,
this is derek from affordable cleaners.
thank you for your enquiry, i can arrange to be there at 9.30am this saturday the 14th of march, to give you a quote. if this is ok then email the address and i'll meet you there.
thanks
derek

Hi

Thank you. The address is xx The Crescent, Northwich CW9 xxx

See you on Saturday.

did the quote this morning, just a living room, £50
doing it tomorrow morning, 40 mins max.
don't understand what all the fuss is about, i'll never get rid off my enquiry form.
if its a price shopper then so what, it only takes a few mins to email back. just don't give a price and emphasise why they shoul use you, if it doesn't work, get over it and move on. you can even make a template for price shoppers and just email that back, 10 seconds and who knows, well worth it.
derek

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2009, 08:04:50 pm »
You can set up an automatic email that goes back to them with a very polite please call, and just give a plausible reason.

Don't think cleaners get that many though so you may want to weigh up each one and reply.

Don't chase them, you have something they want, even if it is only a price. Don't give it them until you have the opportunity to quiz them.

I think it's only natuaral to jump when someone emails and the idea of not goes against the grain, but it is much more likely to yield a result or at least save you wasting your time.

Also if you get them following your suggestions early on it sort of sets a precedent for further dealings.

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2009, 08:09:13 pm »
Derek

Say you get this what do you do?

Hi

Can you please give me a price for cleaning my flatweave 3-2-1, it has average soiling on the arms and back cushions ?

Thanks

Mr Anon

clinton

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2009, 08:22:37 pm »
Mike

I enquired about a van  a week or so ago and e mailed the company and got one of those auto response.

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2009, 08:26:16 pm »
What did it say?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2009, 08:28:53 pm »
You can see their point of view now Clinton ;D

Derek how many of those enquiries do you get like that? I always seem to get I have a carpet 5 m x 5 m how much to clean? what they usually are is 4 x 4 the difference is vast.

If they are really interested then they will ring if there's no submission page.

I may try that as I think it would suit my needs better.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2009, 08:46:15 pm »
simple answer
can you tell me what material its made of, some materials clean better than others and i'd like to give you a good idea of how well it will clean before giving you a price, i can call and give you a quote with no obligation to proceed, this way you know your getting value for money, theres a lot of cleaners that will give you a price and clean knowing full well it won't clean that good, we are not like this, if i don't think i can get a good result then i will explain this along with a price.

something ike that, but i'm a bit ped so it probably doesn't sound to good.
kronenberg, i'm going up in the world.
der-hick up

clinton

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2009, 09:04:43 pm »
Mike

It said something on the lines of.Due to the security of the site its best that we can contact you to discuss futher your enquirey etc and the salesman gave me his name and tel number,i asked about a f transit as it was not a bad price with only 13 thou on the clock and wanted to know if the milage was correct.