richy27

new van
« on: February 17, 2009, 01:16:20 am »
Goin to change my van to somethin little bigger been lookng at a second hand trafic or vivaro any experiences on these  economy etc etc

clinton

Re: new van
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:09:14 am »
Richard

You can get some really good deals at the mo,was looking last week at a medium size and new it was under 10k that was 3 grand off,that was on a citroen.

If i was going used for a large van i would go nissan or toyota  ???

Ricky M

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 08:10:12 am »
Got a 2nd hand Vivaro SWB 55 plate , it drives well looks good £60-£80 per week fuel , used every day and wkds .
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

mark shannon

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 08:21:01 am »
Fiat Ducato  transit engine big loadspace for swb, getting 480m for £70 diesal.

derek west

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 08:39:06 am »
going out in my traffic now, i'll check the fuel consumption on the trippy for ya, think its around the 30 mark.
derek

Paul Heath

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 10:53:09 am »
I get 600 miles out of a tank in my Traffic...very pleased with it would recommend one

derek west

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 12:08:56 pm »
bang on 30 miles to the gallon, done 6000 miles, 1500 motorway and the rest urban, i don't turn my engine off when i'm at maccies so it could be a bit better if your thrifty with the juice. (i eat a lot of maccies) ;D
this is a LWB traffic sport with a lot of weight in the back, a hell of a lot of weight
hope this helps
derek

Darren O

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 12:33:21 pm »
Ive got the Nissan version of the Traffic had it just over 2 years from new iam starting to get a few problems with it its been back to Arnold Clark 3 times since Christmass also Nissan recalled them something to do with a faulty brake cable.The electrics are a joke theres a different warning light on it daily now iam getting bother with the brakes also when i put it in reverse theres a loud creaking noise coming from under the van Arnold Clarke said it will be down to the cold weather.Done less than 20,000 miles at the first chance going to get shot off it and buy a transit a shame because its the best looking van out and great to drive.

derek west

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 12:49:04 pm »
i had the hand brake recall, my alarm is beeps when i put it on (the noise it makes when theres suposed to be a window open or youve left your lights on) but apart from that, no problems so far, and they do look the part like darren says.
derek

Darren O

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 01:09:29 pm »
Derek another thing that concerns me is the gearboxes on them heard to many bad stories about them do a search on them it dosent make for pretty reading.

derek west

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 01:19:27 pm »
ive heard that too darren, fingers crossed eh! can't all be bad, i'm hoping it happens on big company vans where the drivers don't give a fck and treat them like racing vans, i drive mine sensibly so hoping i have a good 4 or 5 years with not to many probs before i get a new one again.
derek

clinton

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 03:55:25 pm »
Its good to hear all the dif stories of there vans and what goes wrong etc.

Richard

I have seen a t mount in a trailer unit and maybe something to think about ;)

sherco

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 03:59:47 pm »
Been working with a guy today who has a 04 vivaro, said its the worst van he has ever had for problems, he is trading it for a transit.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

richy27

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 05:58:55 pm »
thanks for replies guys not in major hurry so goin to wait to get best deal on sh one thanks for the info derek

clinton

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 06:02:05 pm »
Richard

you not fancy a box trailer ???

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 06:24:31 pm »
Clinton
Saw a new Citroen Berlingo today - seems bigger then the older model.
If you stayed with a portable, would that suffice your needs?

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 06:31:04 pm »
Clinton,

I like the idea of a trailor, at least you're not humping a load around all of the time and wasting fuel (Especially if you're the Eco friendly C/C and want to save the planet!)

Mmmm, got me thinking now ;)

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 06:35:29 pm »
Trailer OK - as long as you have a very secure system so you still have a machine to take to the job in the morning.  :o
I would get a twin axle trailer.

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:47 pm »
It would be handy for keeping in the garage on those frosty nights that you folks get up Country 8)

clinton

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 06:43:19 pm »
Joe

I would go for the next citroen up joe the expert size,and there much bigger than the last model and there under 10 k new plus vat mind you.

Collin

Just that i saw a pressure washer set up today working and he had it in a box trailer it was bolted in with its own water bowser tank.
All he does in a morning is fix it onto the tow bar and off he goes.

I do know there is also  a tmount that works from a box  trailer too.

clinton

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 06:44:58 pm »
Joe

Yes it would be in my garage  in front of my motorbike and i would just reverse the van up to the garage door and even get my car at the front too :)

clinton

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:40 pm »
Collin

Your right on that too :)

Joe H

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 07:13:53 pm »
Theres a pictur on the Ashbys site of a TM in a twin axle trailer.
Dont know how to copy iy to get it on here.

richy27

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 07:18:18 pm »
to be honest  Clinton wouldn fancy a trailer not with are dodgy small roads in devon. use a trailer on the farm all the time at dads and its a real sod when you meet someone who cant reverse

clinton

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 07:23:10 pm »
Joe

I have seen that image from asbys think its a demo t mount :)

Richard

:)

gwrightson

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 07:24:00 pm »
a small problem to be aware of , new laws coming in from 1st of may I think ,a van with trailer if capable of having a combined weight of 3 and 1/2 ton  loaded must have a tacho fitted at around £800 and of course all the pther problems associated with this.
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 07:42:05 pm »
Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!   Dont want to go down that road.

sherco

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 07:54:57 pm »
a small problem to be aware of , new laws coming in from 1st of may I think ,a van with trailer if capable of having a combined weight of 3 and 1/2 ton  loaded must have a tacho fitted at around £800 and of course all the pther problems associated with this.
geoff
They have been talking about this for the last 5yrs, and still havent done it.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 08:43:40 pm »
They are trying it to stop europeans driving over here with a large trailer ???

Not sure if the law will come through ???

clinton

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 08:46:24 pm »
Joe

Its not much of a worry  mate just gives us an option to just hook up and away you go.

Like the idea of presure washers doing it and i do know there are t mounts doing it :)

gwrightson

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 09:25:24 pm »
Sherco,
I,m afraid to say its very real  ,
 they are not just talking about it

Here is part of a vosa page

Tachograph Law for ACFO
The current law requires any vehicle with a maximum permissible weight exceeding
3,500 kilograms to have Tachograph recording equipment fitted, and that equipment
should be used in conjunction with Tachograph charts to record the activities of the
driver.
Until recently the effect of this legislation in relation to vehicles below 3,500 kilograms
maximum permissible weight when drawing trailers was slightly confusing. There was
guidance issued by the Department of Transport that stated that trailers not used for the
conveyance of goods need not be considered in the weight calculation. However this
has since been challenged in Court and the Court’s finding was that all trailers must be
considered in the weight calculation when considering whether recording equipment
should be used.
In simple terms it means that any vehicle with a gross train mass exceeding 3,500
kilograms drawing a trailer of any description, and used in connection with a trade or
business, is required to use activityrecording
equipment and comply with EU drivers
hours regulations.
Section 97 of the Transport Act 1968 [as substituted by reg.2 of the Passenger and
Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) Regulation 1979 and amended by reg.2 of the
Passenger and Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) (Amendment) Regulations 1984,
reg.2 of the Passenger and Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) Regulations 1989
and the Passenger and Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) Regulations 1996]
provides:
“(1) No person shall use, or cause or permit to be used, a vehicle to which this
subsection applies – (a) unless there is in the vehicle recording equipment
which – (i) has been installed in accordance with the Community Recording
Equipment Regulation….and any person who contravenes this subsection shall
be liable on summary conviction to a fine…..
(6) This subsection applies at any time to any vehicle to which this Part of this Act
applies if, at that time, Art.3 of the Community Recording Equipment
Regulation requires recording equipment to be installed and used in that
vehicle….
(7) In this Part of this Act – ‘the Community Recording Equipment Regulation’
means Council Regulation (EEC) 3821/85 on recording equipment in road
transport….as read with the Community Drivers’ Hours and recording
Equipment (Exemptions and Supplementary Provisions) Regulations 1986….”
Section 108(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 provides:
“In this Part of this Act …..’
permissible maximum weight’, in relation

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

richie

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 10:35:59 am »
Asbys, Chemspec & HydraMaster have all fitted Truckmounts into trailers at some point.  There is up & down sides to a trailer mounted TM.  Yes it means that you can use a smaller van lowering fuel consumption compared to larger vehicles although most vehicles when pulling all the weight of a trailer & TM will have the MPG drastically reduced.  Then there is the security of the trailer,  a company i used to work for had a TM fitted to a twin axled trailer.  It was stolen from my home,  luckily a friend of mine heard the local thief shouting his mouth off saying he had some kind of big pressure washer he had stolen on a trailer that he wanted to sell.  We got it all back about a week later.  We had a HM Maxx 450d fitted into a Renault Master van which had a fresh water tank & a hose reel that carried about 450 feet of hoses plus all the other stuff required.  On large night clubs we would hitch up the trailer that was fitted with a Prochem Legend to the Renault Master and travel upto about 180 miles away.  It wasnt very often we did this but when we did i was more than impressed with the Renault Master that was more than coping with the weight of a HM Maxx 450d, a PC Legend, a trailer plus all the hoses & stuff.  The van would pull off, pick up speed and hold steady up & down the motorway.  The renault did however go through alot of brake pads & discs,  this was even without the trailer.  A guy that i know works for renault & told me that the Ambulance service tend to stock pile pads & discs because of the amount they go through.  This was some years ago however so maybe Renault have sorted the wear problem out now?

Richie.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 12:03:39 pm »
My new van, it no longer belongs to the window cleaners, Wallace and Grommit, but not yet lettered up. Doaes 35 mpg round town and road tax is free. Also seems to attract attention for some reason!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

clinton

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 12:35:36 pm »
Philip

What a great marketing tool and that will pull in a lot of work :)

Think a lots of t mounted vans would be overweight at some time and if they did have an insurance claim it would be void  ???

If you did have a unit mounted in a trailer it would have to be garaged :)

robert stubbs

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 07:55:01 pm »
Trailer -mount

clinton

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 08:22:28 pm »
Robert

Thats one huger trailer ;D

robert stubbs

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 08:28:20 pm »
This one is bigger.

clinton

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 08:36:43 pm »
Robert

Thats one big unit :)

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 09:06:22 pm »
I have had a Renault Master from new 50000 miles same front discs one set of pads one wheel bearing not bad is it.

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

richy27

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2009, 09:32:04 pm »
bought a trafic today 52 reg low miles with 6 months warranty good price too thanks for he pointers guys

clinton

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2009, 10:36:52 pm »
Was it a good deal richard ???

Steve_Knight

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 08:05:35 am »
Hi Lads
I have seen that Hydramaster Unit in Las Vegas in the flesh! :D
Its Hydramasters demo truck.

Cheers

Steve

clinton

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 08:09:47 am »
Bet it was a goos set up to see in the flesh :)

Steve_Knight

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 08:17:20 am »
Hi Clinton
Very Very impressive!

Cheers

Steve

richy27

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 11:24:14 am »
yeah was good deal only lost hundred quid on my combo as bought it at auction originally so cost me very little to change. The extra room is goin to be a godsend.

Joe H

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 11:44:06 am »
I reckon you will soon fill that extra room.

Always happens.  ;)

richy27

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 01:29:33 pm »
your prob right joe  but thing thats annoyed me is taking nearly everything out to get one thing out. didnt have side door see

Joe H

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 01:40:13 pm »
Yes, know what you mean.
First van I had was a Citroen Dispatch - that had a side loading door either side which was great for access to things.
Plus now you have a bit of headroom as well so you can get in to whats stored.

richy27

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 01:43:38 pm »
Too right jo.  Got jobs on every day next week as its the special day when my new one comes ply kit on the way and will be shelf building all day. When i started out i had magnetics on my van so will swop them over. till get the signs done.

clinton

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2009, 05:02:17 pm »
The van will look good when you get it signed :)

I had those magnetic signs years ago when i started :(

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 06:37:10 pm »
My Combo's fine, I have all my C/C gear plus a dip tank in it... You must have some gear Rich ;D ;D ;D

Maybe I haven't got enough :( :( :(

Len Gribble

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 07:07:17 pm »
Had to do an emergency stop today could not believe my eyes Peugeot 31% off.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

clinton

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 07:12:55 pm »
Len

There are some really good deals at the mo :)

Sounds a good discount then :)

Len Gribble

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 08:04:41 pm »
Clinton

Will be checking it out tomorrow and get the full spec and then go to merc’s to see what they are offering. ;D

Did call in to their car side Sunday and ask what deals are they doing on the 308 cash he just gave me a price list, :o did go in there looking like I’ve been dragged threw a hedge backwards, suit clean shaven on the way to church. :-X

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

clinton

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 08:15:08 pm »
Len

Be good to let us know what the peugeot deal is,was looking at a citreon dispatch last wk the new model was on at 9991 plus vat ???

We got a new car after xmas and got a good deal :)

Like the medium size vans as it could fit in the garage.

richy27

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 10:32:46 pm »
to be honest my porty is quite large and when layed flat in back of the van takes up half the back minus about 8 inches behind the machine.

Mark Sadler

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2009, 09:44:37 am »
Goin to change my van to somethin little bigger been lookng at a second hand trafic or vivaro any experiences on these  economy etc etc

I had a renault master 02 plate got to 90,000 miles and caused me nothing but problems, cost me over £2500 to try and fix and still couldnt fix the non starting problem. I would stay well clear of renaults. Bought an Iveco daily superb motor no problems at all.
Mark Sadler

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2009, 10:42:45 am »
We've had Renault too.... Never ever again!

richie

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2009, 10:48:35 am »
You will find that somewhere someone will have a major problem costing thousands to repair with a vehicle.  Years ago i bought a Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0GLX.  Picked the car up on the Wednesday,  on the Sunday i drove 110 miles to see some family & on the way back i i lost all power.  AA recovered back to the Garage that id bought it from.  It was found that it had dropped a piston.  Every mechanic i have spoken to was amazed at what had happened as they are solid engines.  In the first 3 months of me having the car it spent 70% of its time in the garage been fixed with various problems.  I have swore never to have another Ford Mondeo again yet i know many that have had or have Mondeos & they swear by them saying....NO PROBLEMS.   Typical that i have one & have nothing but problems.  
Richie.

Joe H

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2009, 01:43:39 pm »
Seems amazing that after gaining years of experiance motor manufacturers still churn out a vehicle that has major design flaws.
When buying you get taken in by all the shiny metal (or plastic as is popular these days).

clinton

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2009, 04:56:05 pm »
Think we all have had problems with dif makes and models ???

Wonder what van is the most reliable ???

Hyunai

Merc

Nissan ???

Len Gribble

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 07:12:00 pm »
Clinton

Pop into them today gone down to 27% think they got told off by Peugeot, he started to give me BS about must be business vat ltd etc I said I don’t want to hire it, just want to buy it.

Give W J King Sidcup call
020 8309 7788

Have to say Merc 8 years old and only last year problems (dash, starter motor, battery and exhaust) 

Len

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 07:32:01 pm »
It's done you proud Len, especially considering it's lugging the TM.

carpet_care

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2009, 07:36:49 pm »
I bought a vauxhall vivaro from brand new in march 2007 only did 500 miles in it and needed new gear box seals had been leaking from day one and long story but lookers vauxhall dismissed it as being wax :'(

Joe will remember because it finally whent when I was on a leather restoration course with him and paul moss in warrington managed to just about make it too the venue then had to be taken back to liverpool on a pick up truck organised by the AA later that day.

Touch wood been alright since and the good thing about the vivaro is it just about fits in my garage so its kept above freezing and no heaters needed in the winter :)

Regards Andy Locke.

clinton

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2009, 07:39:12 pm »
Cheers len :)

The citreon dispatch is the same van as the peugeot and its under 10 k plus vat  here in stockport

Same here got my peugeot van 10 yrs old with 48k on the clock and trouble is also same as you just little parts to replace :)

Len Gribble

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2009, 08:44:09 pm »
Mike

Not only the TM also a trailer some times.

Clinton

Confused with the f.o.g’s state owned ant they. ;D

Ps sparshatts sent me a letter today more or less begging me to have the van serviced, think a deal may be forthcoming. 8)

Len

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2009, 08:57:14 pm »
Think we all have had problems with dif makes and models ???

Wonder what van is the most reliable ???

Hyunai

Merc

Nissan ???

Talking to a guy today about the Toyota Hi-ace vans. Totally bullet proof he said, thats why you see so many in Afghanistan I thought.

Don't think the look much cop though, but I guess that shouldn't come into it really.

Len Gribble

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2009, 09:16:20 pm »
Didn’t top gear do an exposé on them? Totally bullet proof, Clarkson also liked the VW what a petrol head considering it a diesel. ;) ;D

Len

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2009, 09:34:18 pm »
Len,
Are you after a Brand new car ?? If you after one 6 months old try Motorpoint-WWW.   motorpoint.co.uk I bought a six months old astra 1.6 sxi with 14k on the clock from them 18 months ago paid £8,500.00  when other dealers wanted £7.5k for a 3 year old model evn got to pick the colour and they brought up from there Derby site.

Paul
P.s £8,999.00 for a 6 month old 1.6 308

clinton

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2009, 10:08:02 pm »
Forgot about the toyota :)

A top van by all accounts :)

Len

You mean the french companys are all state owned ???

What do you tow ???

Someone has a t mount set up in a box trailer ???

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2009, 10:20:45 pm »
Clinton

I know you don't want to be tempted, but have you seen JK post on the other forum about the that 15hp prowler. That flood company are def flogging it now.  ;)

clinton

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2009, 10:26:22 pm »
Mike :)

Yes i have mike,still not sure what i want and my only thing is i can not use it on most of my commercial as  the access is not viable.

Not a bad price mind you ???

Got vat on that as well :(

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2009, 10:30:56 pm »
How much is the 15hp new?

clinton

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2009, 10:33:31 pm »
Mike

Think its 6 k ???

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2009, 10:39:45 pm »
Clinton

I think thats the price for the new design 13hp. So it's probably even better value than you thought. ;)

clinton

« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2009, 10:42:34 pm »
Mike think your right on that :)

A liitle more power etc,the 13 hp was good when i had a go at dave p,s prowler :)

There are a lot of set ups for sale mike at the mo ???

Len Gribble

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2009, 08:22:02 pm »
Paul

Yes (she is) and thanks for the info.

Clinton

Yes state owned, a little know secret  ::)

Twin wheel a right bugger to reverse. Cant see the logic in having a TM on a trailer unless for demo purposes.

Prowler did catch my eye, if the gentlemen is will to wait till I finalise a few jobs (end of April) and take a knock on it and adjust the vat I may be up for it, need to replace one of my machines, ambiguous I know sun sea and top less and it rains some where ;)

Len

clinton

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2009, 10:46:51 pm »
Len

Just what i was thinking with the vat  ;)

richy27

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2009, 09:08:42 pm »
picked up the new van today chuffed with it. can actually order my bits and pieces in there now and still have room for the golf clubs. Plus picked up 4 jobs today not a bad day.

Thanks for the new van advice

derek west

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2009, 09:24:00 pm »
sorry if youve all ready said somewhere in the thread but i can't be assed to look through it again, but what did you get in the end?
derek

richy27

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2009, 09:30:01 pm »
sorry derek got a renault trafic

cheers rich

derek west

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2009, 09:37:16 pm »
good choice.
derek

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2009, 11:58:33 pm »
Good luck Rich, you're gonna need it :o I would have thought you'd have avoided buying French, being a farmer and all that!

I'm just biased due to the fact that I've had a bad experience, our Scenic spent half of it's time at the garage, the mechanic used to rub his hands when I turned up (On my push bike).

Bon garage!

clinton

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2009, 08:03:58 am »
 ??? :)

Darren O

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2009, 08:12:20 am »
Ive got the Nissan version 56 plate got it new 2 years ago only done 20,000 miles starting to get a lot of problems the electrics are a joke my fuel gauge goes up as well as down when driving according to my oil gauge its been empty since i got the van now the handbrake light keeps coming on to now problems with the brakes and when i put it into reverse it makes a loud creaking noise at the first chance i get going to buy a mwb Transit and then save up for a truckmount.

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2009, 08:27:57 am »
Clinton, I failed my French exam along with a lot of others, I tend to use French like Derek Trotter ;D ;D ;D

Joe H

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2009, 08:50:56 am »
I got a Citroen Relay van off Steve Gunn less then a year ago.
Been just fine, and just gone thro a MOT - cost me £210 inc a service, MOT, couple rear wheel cylinders and new tie bar on the front.
On Ebay you can get 03 reg for £2k little more and even less, one there now with about 60k on the clock.
I reckon they are a good buy.

clinton

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2009, 01:47:48 pm »
Collin ;D

clinton

« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2009, 01:50:53 pm »
Joe

Was going to ask you how your van went on :)

Sounds as though it was a good result.

Think steve had looked after it :)

Your right on the vans they seem to be dropping every week in price.

Thing is they arnt selling any new ones and when they do the discount is v good so forcing the used ones down in price.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2009, 02:48:27 pm »
lol threads like this make me laff you lot dont do any miles to say what a vans like try my nice new 58 exlwb sprinter its only got 77k on the clock and my nice new transit 08 jumbo just turned  134k did i tell you about my old v reg 312 sprinter ??? 870k befour the engine let go  :o

just sold a 56 reg traffic for a grand what a pile of poo that was enegine sized , mine it did have 250 k on the clock and it  had 4 yes 4  gearboxes in two new heads and a diff ! all long motor way miles no hard work thanks god for my new transporter comeing next week

Ricky M

« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2009, 02:53:02 pm »
1st clean , that traffic has been abused to need all that work IMO.

doing them miles you must be earning big £ unless you cover from northumberland to york !

wow they are big miles thought my 12 mile drive to the city was bad .
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

clinton

« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2009, 03:32:22 pm »
Susan

You make our vans like new with our 48k on the clock ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2009, 09:29:33 am »
Susan

You make our vans like new with our 48k on the clock ;D

our vans get used big time with hubby hauage work he picked is 09 merc up this morning

first job is durham - strinling then from there to the isle of white  ;D it will be a 1200 miler ithink we stopping with mero and v.w. from now these seem to be giveing us less trouble then the rest

markpowell

« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2009, 11:18:07 am »
lol threads like this make me laff you lot dont do any miles to say what a vans like try my nice new 58 exlwb sprinter its only got 77k on the clock and my nice new transit 08 jumbo just turned  134k did i tell you about my old v reg 312 sprinter ??? 870k befour the engine let go  :o

just sold a 56 reg traffic for a grand what a pile of poo that was enegine sized , mine it did have 250 k on the clock and it  had 4 yes 4  gearboxes in two new heads and a diff ! all long motor way miles no hard work thanks god for my new transporter comeing next week

58 plate with 77k on clock, so if you took delivery on the first day Sept 08, you have done 13,000 miles a month every month, 3,250 every week,500 miles every day 7 days a week 7 hours solid driving at 70mph. Bearing in mind that the van must be off the road 1 day every month so the 12,000 mile service can be carried out. That is some mileage glad i dont have your fuel bill :o
09 merc today and new transporter next week,
Whats your secret to beating the credit crunch?

clinton

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2009, 02:53:01 pm »
Susan ;D

The isle of white :oA lot of miles

Bet your fireblade has been round the clock ;D

derek west

« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2009, 04:09:27 pm »
mark
i think susan is on about her other business which i think is some sort of haulage or delivery, don't think she means her carpet cleaning business, all though i could be wrong.
derek

« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2009, 04:13:59 pm »
Has she got her finger in more pies than Mr Kippling?

How's your house coming along Susan? It looks a grand place.

Cheers, Colin :) Day

clinton

« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2009, 04:25:02 pm »
some of the vans i have seen this mornin were ford transits and they have nearly a grand off from the same price at xmas :o

As joe said they are so cheap at the mo  ???

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2009, 07:32:21 pm »
Has she got her finger in more pies than Mr Kippling?

How's your house coming along Susan? It looks a grand place.

Cheers, Colin :) Day

mate its hell but getting there im waiting on planing now as im trying to nick half a foot on top of the garge for to store all me car parts  ;) but i think they have twiged that i dont need two rooms and to bathrooms for that  ;D

about anthor week and i can send the bricks home just 20m of wall left to do for the front room and were rolling with the roof  8) not been on here much due to finding a site where you can bid on stuff from firms that have gone under and trust me ive run out of room to store the stuff now even had to buy a old transit to store stuff in but if its cheap thjen ill still buy it got 40 brand new soft wood doors today 12 pounds each !  ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2009, 07:39:20 pm »

58 plate with 77k on clock, so if you took delivery on the first day Sept 08, you have done 13,000 miles a month every month, 3,250 every week,500 miles every day 7 days a week 7 hours solid driving at 70mph. Bearing in mind that the van must be off the road 1 day every month so the 12,000 mile service can be carried out. That is some mileage glad i dont have your fuel bill :o
09 merc today and new transporter next week,
Whats your secret to beating the credit crunch?

mark trust me that northing havnt seen hubby all week he been in europe all week sleeping in van here and there to get the job done my vans run 24 7 they never stop as one driver gets out from day work then there off to deliver early morning news then there off all over the world again  hes new sprinter will be touching 4000 miles when it comes back to night only to go back out for anthor 200 miles on the papers  ;D  if the wheels are not turning then there earning northing

clinton

« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2009, 07:44:54 pm »
Susan

Sounds like your running the ship on your own :)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2009, 07:56:58 pm »
Susan

Sounds like your running the ship on your own :)

the cleaning is quite but thats a god send at the minute only one t.m. out everyday which isnt bad as everything else is flatout ! and am not getting much sleep but it will be worth it in the end  ???

clinton

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2009, 09:58:54 pm »
Susan

Same her sometimes and gives me a chance to catch up on other jobs :)