markpowell

Re: pedantic people wanted, apply with in
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2009, 10:42:13 pm »
This suprises me, i have had dealings with Mark at DP for some time now and i have always found him to be a genuine spot on guy :o
Mark

derek west

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2009, 11:20:17 pm »
mark at dp, works from 9 in the morning til god know what time at night, he is a genuine honest hard working man who i have the utmost respect for, he  was doing my site and put in something that he genuinely thought was ok to put in, with over 10,000 pieces of art work on carpet cleaning alone its an easy mistake to make, hands up all those guys that have never made a mistake, just the liars with there hands up then.
simon gerrard recognised it as his and informed me to remove it, i said no problem, i will phone mark and get it sorted, but that wasn't enough for simon, he decided he was going to inform his lawyers to take mark to court, mark phoned him and after a brief conversation decided to tell mr gerrard where to get off, can't say i blame him. the aforementioned was removed and still he is persisting in copywrite theft, or breach of contract.

mark also put pictures from mike hallidays site onto my site, when i saw them i said to mike, is it all right if i use them, he said not a problem, mike halliday is a stand up guy who will always help out his fellow carpet cleaners.
top man mike, cheers

i will still continue to use mark at dpprint and if he ever uses my stuff, i will be proud it made the grade.

i spoke to mark today and he was shocked at the amount of support he's had from some of you out there. you know who you are.

so thats what happened.

10'000 pieces of clip art and he puts sg's work on dw's site, what are the chances of that happening eh? ;D ;D

you couldn't make it up

anyway in my view, there was no breach of anything as the offending item was removed on request.
derek

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2009, 11:34:18 pm »
Maybe what's happened is Mark is used to doing this with leaflets and nobody minds quite so much cos unless they are on your doorstep it doesn't matter so much and you prob won't know anyway.

But now he's doing websites it's a whole new ball game.

I'm surprised Simon didn't know this sort of thing went on cos he must have seen the example pdfs Mark does and I know a few people who don't use him for the very reason he utilises other peoples stuff.

If I'd of  been Simon, I would have made it plain I didn't want it borrowed by someone else or go elsewhere.

markpowell

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2009, 11:39:22 pm »
Mark at DP is on with my site now, so i will apologise now incase anyones pics get used. I agree with Derek if someone wanted to use some of my info and they didnt live near me, why should i be bothered, i should be glad it made the grade. I think its all a little petty to be honest, thats just my opinion tho ???Mark

richie

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2009, 06:28:18 pm »
Over the years as some of you may remember myself & Simon Gerrard have not always seen eye to eye however in recent years i have got to know Simon better & have come too respect the way he runs his company & his professional attitude & approach towards the Carpet Cleaning industry.  I can see this situation from both ends of the spectrum.  I agree with what Simon has stated,  if DP had done the FULL design of the work then its fair that its used as a general piece but the FACT that Simon supplied the wording himself is why this should be treated as confidential.  Yes it may now have been reversed and removed from Dereks site however it has still been used in lots of other carpet cleaners flyers and as Simon said this is even before its gone into Simons advertising.  I can FULLY understand why Simon has got so upset regarding this matter & the fact that Mark at DP swore at him on the phone is well out of order.  SIMON....stick to your gins mate.  You will ahve the support of many regarding this matter im sure.

Richie.

markpowell

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2009, 08:07:32 pm »
I dont know Simon so i cant comment on the guy, im sure he is a professional businessman, no doubt.
I have dealt with Mark at DP Print for some years, all i can say that if he was to swear at a customer then he must have had some serious attitude thrown his way and he has retaliated.
I agree that if Mark has used Simon's work on other peoples ads or sites without permission then he is in the wrong, however i bet most of our sites and leaflets are all similar anyway no matter who has designed them.
Mark

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2009, 08:58:18 pm »
Copyright very hard to claim copyright.
But i would feel the same as Simon. Think most cc if asked and your not in their area would not mind copying some ideas. I for one feel sorry for Derek all this trouble and all he wanted was to get some opinions on his new web page.

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Robert Watson

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2009, 09:37:25 pm »
Yeah. Your sites looking pretty good Derek, It will all work out OK in the end.
Never a dull moment here eh.
The Kitchen Door Centre

richy27

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2009, 09:57:21 pm »
I have found mark a decent chap havent got him to do my site as am too far from hime and went with a local firm who have done some design work for me in the past.

To be honest i went with my local company for certain reasons the main one is i want to have an original site created. Sometimes if too many people use the same person becomes a bit samey.

But mark at dp did a good job on my last run of leaflets cant knock his efforts all though i provided hime with the wording he did a decent design job and price was first class.

All though i would be a bit knarked to see my website content on another site. The only way to stop this is do it yourself and have a pro re word it for optimisation

Regards

Rich

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2009, 11:02:02 pm »
Think you must have a problem with your pdf file download loads on there
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

richie

« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2009, 01:53:04 am »
I too have found Mark to be pretty good in the past although this situation with Simon i feel he has taken the pi$$.

Richie.

clinton

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2009, 08:08:15 am »
Mark did a good job on my leaflets :)

Getting my site done elswere as he was taking too long :(

Doug Holloway

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2009, 08:14:56 am »
Hi Guys

The wider issue is that Mark obviously uses CC's design ideas to other CC's , DP did this at one of the early days out.

This didn't really cause a problem as the CC's wouldn't know their artwork was being used because it was a different area.

However websites are different and if Mark starts copying web copyright he will soon get into trouble as it's so obvious, if CC's suddenly find their words being used against them, then writs will fly !

He is new to websites and needs to adapt his approach.

Cheers

Doug

JandS

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2009, 10:32:29 am »
Trustworthy and has a command of the English language and can spell.
Can't believe he put Derek's site up without checking spelling and grammar.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

richy27

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2009, 01:37:45 pm »
I agree that it is a matter of confidentiality and you have the right to be angry as i would but you need to be carefull what is said on the forum and not release info about legal avenues as this could be interpredited as slanderous accusation my best friend is a barrister and was talking to him last night and so many cases of pagerisam have been turned on there head and blown out of all proportion. And the original victim has been made out to be the villain. Plus its nearly impossible to have the rights on text.

Think its time this thread was kept private as it will only lead to trouble.