derek west

big discussion about agitaters
« on: December 30, 2008, 01:16:15 pm »
going to buy an agitater in january 09.
not to bothered about price but it really has to be the D's B's.
got a sebo duo and its just not got that oomph. find i'm pushing down on it all the time to get right in there on bad soilage.

can people comment on machines they have, maybe with a photo to help me and possibly others who are considering this.

flexi 5 looks good but is the vaccuum worth the extra money, does it vac as good as the sebo b36. could it easily replace both sebo's (vac and duo)

prochem do a pre spray agitator, which also is appealing.

or theres envirodri which just agitates.
i'm sure theres others!

as you can see its swings and roundabouts but at £1000 to £2000 i want to get it right.
some advice so i can make my mind up would be gratfully accepted.

yours
a confused

derek

gwrightson

Re: big discussion about agitaters
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 01:29:26 pm »
roto wash is what I use on most carpets, great aggitation and supberb for hard floors.

truvox  , pretty good and a little lighter or host .

I have started to use my cimex for aggitation in the larger areas,

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 01:29:52 pm »
Derek

I thought this might be a thread about Truckmounters. ;D

Can't you just turn up your pressure?

Carpet Genie

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 01:30:44 pm »
Hi Derek,

I used to have a duo and upgraded to an Envirodri in October this year - it cost about £1100 with an additional set of brushes but i have to say it's now the most treasured item on my van.
I use it on every job and there are times after i've used it where i look at the carpet and don't think i need to do anything else!  It's that good.  The pile gets rejuvinated and looks fantastic - it even does a great job on low profile carpets - i cleaned some offices the other day using it with the new prochem procaps stuff. It looked great and i just finihsed it off with a bonnet.

I can't comment on the other ones but i was looking at the Prochem one myself but plumped for the Envirodri after reading some excellent reviews on this forum.  Knowing Prochem though i'm sure that their machine will also be excellent.
Mike George

The Carpet genie

mark shannon

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 07:02:47 pm »
Yep agree Envirodry the DBs like the white and gold brushes.

Mark

derek west

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 07:23:03 pm »
so an envirodri is basically a flexi 5 without the vac, do you think i would benefit from the vac? or again with the prochem but with a pre sprayer? i presume there all fantastic agitaters, the nitty gritty is, would the extra pounds for the add ons, (and which one is another one of my dilemmas) benefit me, and cut down my other equipment, or........... you know the rest.
sorry but i do occasional dither over certain purchases, especially when its 4 figures ££££££.
derek

davep

PaulKing

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 10:43:05 pm »
go get a trail or at least a half hour go on one,  and work it out, you are the best judge of what would work for you.

Sure all the suppliers will be more than happy to help
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 08:55:02 am »
You best ring JK in the New Year as to the availability of the Flexi 5, cause Ive heared what Mike H posted on another thread (they may not be available)

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 01:28:27 pm »
I thought you had bought a RX ??? ???

derek west

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 01:33:18 pm »
i have. ???
derek

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 02:08:25 pm »
Well how much agitation do you need, ???
i thought this was the dog`s doodarrs

Daryl

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 02:15:28 pm »
this was posted by John Bolton on cleantalk about thier CRB which I believe is the same as the flexi5;

Despite a protracted development period, we became aware of certain intrinsic weaknesses with the machine and took the decision to withdraw it from sale until the problems were resolved.

Subsequently the manufacturers decided to withdraw the machine from market and none are currently being imported under any brand name.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 02:22:55 pm »
daryl
just use the rx  for commercial , all though i'm not getting much commercial at the mo but its early days, want the agitation for domestic and small offices. sebo doesn't do it for me. and the rx is a bit too heavy and cumbersome for small areas.

mike
do you think it has something to do with the vac and the prespray agitation, my guess would be the 2 don't mix well especially as the vac is a dry vac.

looks like i'll have to take a look at the envirodri or the prochem prespray agitator, anyone know the price of the prochem one, can't find it as i don't know its exact name.

derek

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 03:14:15 pm »
Derek
the Flexi5 and the similar one that was on sale from Solutions UK are no difference in principle to the more expensive Host.

You vacuum with the brushes working only in the dry situation.
You wouldnt want to vac the prespray would you. (think about it).

So, with the Envirodri, and small Sebo, you would need to agitate to loosen dry dirt, then get the vac onto it.

With the combined units you do this in one action, thus saving time, then you prespray and then agitate only (vac off)..

So, Once you prespray, you use the agitation only, to help the fluid do its job.

They were good value for money, but as Mike has reported, their seems to be a problem.

Spencer Davies took one of the new Prochem, but I think that went back with a problem. Whether he got a replacement - dont know and he doesnt seem to frequent here much now to answer..

derek west

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 04:10:59 pm »
yeah joe, i know they dont vac when wet, just thought thats where the problem lay, mixing the 2 at diff times, evntually some moisture may get in there somewhere, just a guess as to why theyve been decommisioned.
is the host a pre spray agitater or is it dry compound only?( I'll google it to see what it looks like)
also what do you use for agitation?
derek

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 04:18:17 pm »
Host are only Ellesmere Port way (Capenhurst) - Host Von Schrader is the full name www.hostvonschrader.co.uk

Very expensive - with the vac pod it lists at about £3k.

I have the Envirodri Gen4

18 months ago I had both the Host and Envirodri demoed.
Couldnt see much difference between the two really. Host, I suppose, looks classy, but at a price.

I bought as an agitator, but also to do the occassional "dry" clean using the sponges where it was necessary/suitable.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 04:23:21 pm »
Derek

I also currently use the sebo for agitation - from what I have been told by many cleaners who use the Envirodri, it is a big step up in terms of it's weight and performance.

As such it is on my wish list although I don't know if I can stretch to a new one just yet - been looking out for a decent 2nd hand one. I do know that the manufacturers have some good deals on ex-demo ones though.

Steve

mark shannon

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 04:31:56 pm »
They did picked up one for £250  18mths ago as new ;D

Those days i think are over. but worth a call.