John Gregory

Re: Van Signage
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 04:37:02 pm »
You can get a total re-spray for a lot less than that.
Hope she didn't write down on paper what she wanted it to say and give it to them, that would be fun to read.

John

John that post was a bit naughty

John

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 04:49:03 pm »
When I wuz at skool, the teachers used to say mike, you're a bright lad but you can't spell, add up or write legibly.

Today we have spellcheckers, calculators and wordprocessors thank God.

3k on signwriting does seem a bit lottery winner though. Learning how to invest your cash wisely is not a straightforward path. Some people feel uncomfortable with money believe it or not and will unconsciously waste it away until it's gone.

Joe H

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 05:22:48 pm »
It was a wrap - which is more expensive then sign writing - obviously a lot more expensive.
Susan reckons she got good value and thats the imprtant thing.

Need to get a lot of work from it though for it to pay.

JandS

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2008, 05:38:11 pm »
Moaning about not enough work coming in and spending 6k on signwriting??
I have a magnetic sign either side and that gets well noticed for the princely sum of I think £55.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JandS

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2008, 05:39:57 pm »
And I can remove them at will if I want to be anonymous.

John

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 05:51:07 pm »
I don't think she is moaning, she is after some help. We have all made mistakes building a business.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 05:57:24 pm »
Hi guys

That was out of order , lets keep friendly otherwise I will have to lock the topic.

Cheers

doug

clinton

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 06:30:55 pm »
Mike.

Am still making them now ::)

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 07:11:58 pm »
Me too. Try not to think of it as making mistakes, it's a sign that you are still learning and growing. ;D

Robert Watson

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 07:18:43 pm »
College Fees
The Kitchen Door Centre

carpetworx

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 02:53:08 am »
Well susan,show us what it looks like :P

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 06:05:13 pm »
dont worrie about people haveing i go, im used to it and many close friends on a site for people that dont take there cleaners into a house know why i cant spell

any way back to the wrap,  i paid top dollor to get  it done becasue i wanted the best people to do it ! remeber what everybody keeps saying buy cheap get cheap !!!! 

when the new van came i set out to get what i wanted and they way i wanted it

what ever the cost , as it will pay for itself , alloys, aircon.twin side doors,bluetooth,eps,twin airbags ( leather seats are on order) speedlined , shelfs ,hydromaster thought i was bonkers ,  i even went to the extrme of covering all the wires with black wire covering becayuse i hATE SEEING WIRES

i get custys saying how good my van looks inside and out ! just anthor way of sticking out from the rest and why not i never paid a penny for it as the tax man will  ;) 

got no pics of the van done but im sure theres afew that seen it at h.m. show, i  tried put some on a while ago but the site wouldnt let me

carlton care

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 08:25:21 pm »
Susan

Your communication skills are excellent, there can't be anyone on here who is unable to tell exactly what you are saying. Unlike me, who often fails to get across what I really mean.

I don't have a problem with poor spelling, but I must admit, I get a bit peed off with " lazy speak "which comes up now and again. I tend to regard it as an indicator of someone who'se likely to be equally careless in their practical work.

derek west

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 08:41:02 pm »
im wiv u on dat car car. ;D
des

Joe H

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 07:45:29 am »
Susan

A lot of us did not get to the Hydramaster weekend so didnt get to see your van wrap or equipment.

If you have a digital camera, take some photos at low resolution, stick the on your computer (know where they are), do an e-mail, to Jim Neal or myself, - adding the photos as attachments, and we will see if we can get them on here for all of us to see.
That would be good

Joe

clinton

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 08:06:41 am »
Joe

Thats a good idea as jim did the same for me when i first tryed to upload my picture without any luck :)

Joe H

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 08:11:01 am »
Susan
I assumed you know how to attache a photo in a e-mail.

If you dont, send an email and I will explain. Its simple (when you know how)

Hi Clinton.

clinton

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2008, 08:18:58 am »
Joe

As i say its easy when you know how :)

I did strugle at first as its all new to me  too ::)

Dont forget the invite for xmas is still open

JandS

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2008, 10:27:21 am »
Sounds like the van's the main issue and the cleaning comes second.
Sorry if I speak my mind.

John

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2008, 12:25:33 pm »
Here's a little gem.

If like me you have a hard time spelling try this...

A lot of people who have spelling difficulties tend to try and work out the spelling by saying it in their heads. Because words are not always spelt how they sound you can realise why it's not a good idea.

A better way is to imagine what the word LOOKS like. If you combine this with imagining the word in front of you ABOVE eye level  like this ::) this activates the part of the brain associated with visual recognition.

Give it a go and see how well it works for you.

Mike