garyj

Re: When you walk into alltec do you......
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2008, 09:39:20 pm »
In my opinion info type leaflets do not work as well as they should, the 'long advert' is very American and I think people are now associating them with spam emails. But at least you're doing something!

Direct, straight to the point, bullet points have and always will be the best way to market. If people want to read more then we have the advantage these days of directing them to a website.

Maybe it's just about being in the right place at the right time and my leaflets would have got the same or better response if they were just two lines long saying "Carpet Cleaner Needs Work, Pleeeze fone me now or my kids will starve".

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2008, 10:03:25 pm »
Gary most FT leaflets are trying to sell something at a higher price so need to 'woow' the customer into calling and think they are getting a better service than the other companies that offer cleaning.

The other leaflet with the starving kids is more desperate so the expectation is different.

Shaun

PS did you get my email?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2008, 10:50:50 pm »
Ian why not set out a word doc blank page then re type items into boxes change them around to suit a bit like they do on a newspaper editing board and then that's it. Make sure you do it in portrate so they read it like a newpaper not a photo album and columns as it breaks up the text.

Shaun

Will give it a try but if I overfill box the others will move out of alignment I think but I will set several dummies up and see what happens

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 11:04:09 pm »
is it the pink flyer?

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2008, 07:17:48 am »
Yes  but its the one with dustmites etc  on the disc  butwhen you start to change the wording etc the entire thing goes out of kilter.

Besides diffrent wording we also increase size of type as 10p is a bit small.

So we cut number of words down.

i do not think its possible but I want boxes to remain stable and I just fill them with words and images other than dustmites etc

We know using a letter style leaflet

Mike Halliday

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2008, 08:00:18 am »
how much does the pink flyer cost to print & deliver?

the best leaflet in the world won't get a customer to call if their carpets are'nt dirty, I'd rather spend £500 on printing & delivering 20,000 A5 white leaflets than 10,000 pink flyers.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dave_Lee

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2008, 08:54:46 am »
Ian,
You must have a pirate copy of the pink flyer. I can alter mine as much as I like without any problems.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2008, 03:57:02 pm »
No its a genuine disc 2001 aquired from Mr A, along with all the other stuff  who I think got it from Mr B For whic I paid good money.

Agreed through other means I have Mr W , version Mr C version and  Mr R  version  plus the one I got from another Mr B

And i would expect these to be unstable but its the disc one I use.
Plus the ones Mr S handed out 

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2008, 04:24:48 pm »
how much does the pink flyer cost to print & deliver?

the best leaflet in the world won't get a customer to call if their carpets are'nt dirty, I'd rather spend £500 on printing & delivering 20,000 A5 white leaflets than 10,000 pink flyers.

A4 £7 black and white £ 8,50 yellow per 100k

A3 Yellow £12

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2008, 04:57:57 pm »
This pink thing about the finacial times, was that some myth put about cos I can't see it would make a jot of difference. In fact you would stand out if you had it on yellow or green, anything other than everyone elses pink.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2008, 05:53:07 pm »
Sorry Ian don't understand your figures, (I'm just a simple lad, not very brite ;) )
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2008, 06:56:53 pm »
Sorry Ian don't understand your figures, (I'm just a simple lad, not very brite ;) )

That makes 3 of us cos don't understand either. ;)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2008, 08:29:26 pm »
It costs me in paper and toner £7 to do  1000 a4 in black and white

£ 8 .50  per thousand on Yellow Pink or Green paper including toner  A4

So 10k costs £85

Thats printed two sides A4

Do not do A3  very often should have said £22 per thousand

I used to do them on copy printer ( Rotagraph )   but now use Photocopier when it breaks down I get another one on ebay I tend to run them off on Saturday or Sunday