stains-away

Re: AllergStop Network - Solution Uk
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2007, 08:34:04 pm »
a derivative is the rate of change of a quantity. A derivative is an instantaneous rate of change: it is calculated at a specific instant rather than as an average over time. The process of finding a derivative is called differentiation. The reverse process is integration. The two processes are the central concepts of calculus and the relationship between them is the fundamental theorem of calculus.

This article assumes an understanding of algebra, analytic geometry, and the limit.

For a real-valued function of a single real variable, the derivative at a point equals the slope of the line tangent to the graph of the function at that point. Derivatives can be used to characterize many properties of a function, including

whether and at what rate the function is increasing or decreasing for a fixed value of the input to the function
whether and where the function has maximum or minimum values
The concept of a derivative can be extended to functions of more than one variable (see multivariable calculus), to functions of complex variables (see complex analysis) and to many other cases.

Differentiation has many applications throughout all numerate disciplines. For example, in physics, the derivative of the position of a moving body is its velocity and the derivative of the velocity is the acceleration.

Robert Watson

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2007, 08:36:56 pm »
 ;D Nice one
The Kitchen Door Centre

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2007, 09:27:18 pm »
"42"

is that the answer to life in the Universe and everything?

Shaun

NigelD

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2007, 11:44:36 pm »
Ian

Your reply  to craigp

"I" had one. did not like them. hoses heavy higher cost etc, large investment etc

respect"

A later post

"as i said guys benefits you and not customer. with respect you are just justifying your choice."

Ian - you didn't like large investment, heavy hoses and higher cost.

Surely that's justifying it to yourself, the customers needs have not come into it.

Finally you state that "all that can be done with tm can be done with less overhead, and just as quick if that what you want?"

A fairly broad statement, that I suspect is not founded in reality. And by that I mean when a supplier has stated that their portable/electric machine does all that a broadly comparable TM can do then I would have to accept your arguement.

Let me finish by saying that discussion on these points is in my opinion the lifeblood of these forums  :)

Nigel

ianharper

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2007, 05:21:36 am »
with respect

from a customer point of view

quick drying times can be arrived at by dry cleaning. what other benefits to the customer are there?

surly everything we do should be first for the customer and second for profit.?

the two machines do not compare side by side. its taking a hammer to creak a nut view that i am trying to put across. and a view that does not come up in this topic. also i am only talking about domestic work.

please please i respect your choice. i dont want this to get into the old tm v porty. i have had my say,

respect

NigelD

« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2007, 08:28:51 am »
Ian

I have no problem with how you approach running your business, it's the diiferent options that we offer that provide choice. As yourself I am not interested in TM v portable v bonnet v dry compound.

I would disagree with

"surly everything we do should be first for the customer and second for profit.?"

If we don't make profit we don't stay in business. So I would suggest that firstly we make a profit, in doing so we also try to ensure that the customers requirements are foremost.

Now whether that is fast drying, deep cleaning, Eco friendly etc..... brings us back to choice. And we all are looking for something that tries to set us apart from the competition

Hope that makes sense

Nigel

spindle

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2007, 09:06:57 am »
andy

are you suggesting that you dont understand?? ;D ;D ;D

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

ianharper

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2007, 11:26:08 am »
great site Nigel

http://www.cleaningdoctor.net/northampton.html

shounds like we are reading from the same book. great message are presation. one of the best sites i have seen in a long time.

who did for you? normaly you get webmasters that dont understand about the "message" great mix of direct responce and franchise.

respect

NigelD

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2007, 10:49:48 am »
Ian

That's not me, it's another Nigel

Nigel

stains-away

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2007, 04:35:51 pm »
Andy

are you suggesting that you don't understand?? ;D ;D ;D

Derivatives and the Cauchy-Riemann equations
Just as in real analysis, a "smooth" complex function w = f(z) may have a derivative at a particular point in its domain Ω. In fact, the definition of the derivative

is analogous to the real case, with one very important difference. In real analysis, the limit can only be approached by moving along the one-dimensional number line. In complex analysis, the limit can be approached from any direction in the two-dimensional complex plane.

If this limit, the derivative, exists for every point z in Ω, then f(z) is said to be differentiable on Ω. It can be shown that any differentiable f(z) is analytic. This is a much more powerful result than the analogous theorem that can be proved for real-valued functions of real numbers. In the calculus of real numbers, we can construct a function f(x) that has a first derivative everywhere, but for which the second derivative does not exist at one or more points in the function's domain. But in the complex plane, if a function f(z) is differentiable in a neighborhood it must also be infinitely differentiable in that neighborhood.

By applying the methods of vector calculus to compute the partial derivatives of the two real functions u(x, y) and v(x, y) into which f(z) can be decomposed, and by considering two paths leading to a point z in Ω, it can be shown that the derivative exists if and only if

Equating the real and imaginary parts of these two expressions we obtain the traditional formulation of the Cauchy-Riemann Equations:

or, in another common notation, 
By differentiating this system of two partial differential equations first with respect to x, and then with respect to y, we can easily show that

or, in another common notation, 
In other words, the real and imaginary parts of a differentiable function of a complex variable are harmonic functions because they satisfy Laplace's equation.

I'm listening, continue  ;D

PS. I corrected your grammar (don't feel bad about it  8)

carpetguy

« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2007, 04:38:12 pm »
That's one of the c/d franchise sites Ian they're Irish based and obviously believers in the Polish /Saunders school of marketing

Very bright, informative, but subtle, professional presentation.

rob

carpetguy

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2007, 04:43:24 pm »
Andy a

Don't quite see the point of this, maybe you should take a leaf out ot your own book............

" Sometimes it's better to remaim silent, etc "

rob

stains-away

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2007, 04:49:52 pm »
Andy a

Don't quite see the point of this, maybe you should take a leaf out ot your own book............

" Sometimes it's better to remaim silent, etc "

rob

Rob,
I don't really see the point in your point, but without wishing to sound rude,
 , Andy

Len Gribble

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2007, 05:30:17 pm »
Is b******s a new improved b******s or something new? ;D

Len   
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

stains-away

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2007, 05:34:59 pm »
Is b******s a new improved b******s or something new? ;D

Len   

Its been repackaged a few times Len but its basically the same old formula, Andy  ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2007, 05:52:03 pm »
This topic is now locked