Matt Lindus

AllergStop Network - Solution Uk
« on: February 19, 2007, 05:22:17 pm »
Its been a long time since we heard anything from the members.

So hows it going?
Was it worth it and are you now reaping the rewards as promised by Nick?
Have you had a fantasic return on investment?
Have you got loads of customers requesting this product?
Have Solution used your money wisely and invested every penny put in?

Regards
Matt

stevegunn

Re: AllergStop Network - Solution Uk
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 05:45:04 pm »
Its been a long time since we heard anything from the members.

So hows it going? LEFT NETWORK
Was it worth it and are you now reaping the rewards as promised by Nick?NO
Have you had a fantasic return on investment?NO
Have you got loads of customers requesting this product?NO
Have Solution used your money wisely and invested every penny put in? :'(

Regards
Matt

spindle

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 05:53:03 pm »
sooooo

are you suggestiing that it was/is a waste of money?? ;D ;D

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

stevegunn

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 05:57:11 pm »
Worked for some and not others but then they introduced m power which wiped out the need for allergstop.So in my eyes a waste of money as I did not get a return on my money, couldn't even give the stuff away until Mike Halliday took it off my hands

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 06:10:09 pm »
  2 years on and the answer is
NO
NO
and NO.
dont bother going there.
Big waste of money. :(
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Matt Read

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 06:55:33 pm »
How does Mpower wipe out the need for alergstop steve ? are they very similar products ?
Matt

stevegunn

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 07:03:22 pm »
A thread was going on about how mpower killed fleas so it must also do dust mites too + the eco friendly side of mpower means it is completely safe like allergstop.I  think alot of the allergstop guys have changed their websites focusing on mpower rather than allergstop

*paul_moss

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 07:24:07 pm »
Think both products going no were
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Les

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 07:45:52 pm »
I had a call earlier today wanting carpets cleaned in house just purchased. The previous owner had several cats, (or was it RATS) :o. Lady wants carpets given treatment for Fleas etc.
I was going to use the Mpower that I've just purchased.....am I wasting my time?

Les

ianharper

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 07:52:20 pm »
With respect to this product no was rip off and if it has failed then it was collective failure.

this product need very cleaver marketing. how can you say to someone that they have allergens in carpets etc and not expect that to reinforce the Asthma UK message to rip up carpets.

pressure needs to be put onto organisations like asthma UK to change their message. you have to ask yourself why do they and asthma nurses, not promote prevention? its just like most things today its the "special interest Groups" that run things. that means groups with the largest pockets wins.

my personal problem with this the approach to marketing. solution wanted to sell it to everyone and i still believe that yes it has benefits for that market but marketing is about answering problems. and this in my view is asthma prevention. there is a market for prevention. just check how many people Google "asthma attack prevention" each month

I still believe that its day will come. it was over sold to some and expectations where high. but as always its about results.

if you think about other types of services you would expect that if it was possible to remove move than just dirt from carpets then it would be a standard thing just like stain protection, and not a add on.

how many cleaners say they give a top end clean when there are tools around to take that level of clean higher. in another post price has been a subject and how much you can get. how about what you can give in return? how do you think a customer would feel if one cleaner goes in after someone else and gives them stain protection and a clean that is hygienic for the same price?

the customer does not know about the amazing range of products we have available to us.

my customers get information on dvd and other media that educates them on these things, and i know the fast track guys do it as well.

the only way to sell these types of service is to educate people about them. if things do change and people start to go back to carpets then they will have a idea about dust and that one benefit of a carpet is its filter affect. and then the job of marketing these type of products will be easier.

how many people do audits? this toll helps sell these services. just by asking if the home has any asthma sufferers allows you to talk about the benefits of regular cleans and these products.

you have to remember that we are lucky to see a client once a year. and many don't use newsletters so messages get forgotten.

how would you feel about say NCCA if you did not get a newsletter? would you pay you fee?

i for one still promote this product, i don't use the brand name just asthma prevention. take a look at my pink leaflet.

http://cleanersnetwork.wordpress.com/

respect

Ian Harper

*paul_moss

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 08:32:15 pm »
Les
There are a lot of chemicals  out there that will kill fleas.
Allergstop is aimed more around Asthma sufferers.

Matt
Not ripped off. Just very bad marketing by the owner who has very little knowledge in this area.
Alot of money spent in advertising with no net end result.
The product is actually quite good,its just bthat the supply chain is poo
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

*Keith Richards

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 08:40:34 pm »
The whole idea of the original post was not to ask the question out of any form of genuine interest but merely once again to stir things up. For whatever infantile reasons there may be behind some peoples motives, it doesn't take much intelligence to see straight through such posts and see them for what they really are. Don't insult our intelligence.

I have no intention of promoting any supplier or any particular products, if I want it then I will purchase it, nobody forces me to buy, equally nobody will buy my services if I don't tell them about it, and/or its something that they wish to buy. One of the basic rules of marketing: "if nobody knows about it, then nobody will buy it."

Why do some people say they can use certain products and get great results, yet others use it and say its a waste of time? What's the difference, same product,so in theory the same result should come out. Could it have anything to do with how its used?

*paul_moss

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 08:48:29 pm »
Keith
A new member and obviously a sudiname, make your point a bit clearer please
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

woodman

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 09:02:58 pm »
I must say the abusive remark to Ian is not called for, he made some good points if you don't agree fine but the abuse is not on.

*Keith Richards

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 09:19:39 pm »
Paul,

My apologies for having only recently joined the forum and then having had the audacity to make a post which you appear to take some exception to judging by your accusation of me obviously using a pseudonym.

As for clarity, just look back at previous posts on the subject matter, its as clear as daylight exactly what Matt is setting out to do.   

stevegunn

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 09:21:27 pm »
Woodman

Ian may have made some good points but Ian more than others spent thousands marketing this product with very little backup from the supplier, everytime he came up with a good idea it was knocked back by the supplier.There are hundreds of cleaners up and down the country who had the chance to take up this amazing,all singing all dancing product but did not take the opportunity ask yourself why they did not.

The market for this type of clean is very small the only way to make it work is to use it as your standard product to clean with which only increases your cost for cleaning the carpet thus forcing the price up to your customer and at the end of the day the customers won't pay for it.They ring you because they have a stain or their carpet is dirty not because of dust mites or allergens they cannot see.

ps No offence Ian but you know me straight to the point 

kleenmachine

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 09:36:19 pm »

I too have just joined the forum  8) and I must say Paul I am shocked at your treatment of a new member such as Keith. Whether Keith's real name is Nick, John, Mark or even Goron there's no need to be so rude  :D

I notice Keith joined two days ago, no doubt just in time to vote on the 'best customer service' poll  ;)

The trouble with this forum is that there are too many people like me posting under sudinames   :D

*paul_moss

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 09:37:30 pm »
Keith
You need only appologise for keeping all your id secret as we all really know who you are  ;D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

*paul_moss

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 09:39:21 pm »
Now
Kleenmachines as well  :D :D
Back to the old days hey Nick  ;) ;D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

steve k

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 09:41:46 pm »
Paul...let me know when you could have me tag along mate...a Friday would be good...appreciate the help... ;)

carpetguy

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 10:02:25 pm »
Very, very tempted to say I told you so................but, that would be a bit sad and quite unnecessary as I expect some people have lost a fair bit of money.

I agree with much of what Ian Harper and Steve Gunn usually say, even if this sounds like a contrdiction.

One of the reasons I was unable to implement much of  the marketing, as promoted by Joe Polish and anyone attempting to market products that kill dust mites, is, as Ian suggests, the psychlogical impact.

If you understand the way our brain works, you will understand, that it's extremely difficult to eliminate a negative thought, once it becomes established.

You should never, ever, introduce a negative thought, in your marketing, or discussions. If you do, you are creating unnecessary conflict in your prospect's head.

This is what the marketing of "dust mite killer" type products, was doing and with others smartly marketing " the healthy aspect " of their flooring, carpet sales and cleaning, was suffering, instead of benefitting, from these products....................if you want to sell such products, it might be better to detach them from your cleaning business and offer a completely separate  business, aimed at peoples health and wellbeing.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 04:41:14 am »
Paul,

My apologies for having only recently joined the forum and then having had the audacity to make a post which you appear to take some exception to judging by your accusation of me obviously using a pseudonym.

As for clarity, just look back at previous posts on the subject matter, its as clear as daylight exactly what Matt is setting out to do. 

Ian Gourlay  replied

On checking back on Matts post I must agree with Mr Richards good of you to spare time drom your Villa.

When I first saw the post I thought the same but as we have many of the original supporters club back with is and making a great contribution to the Forum I thought it might be of interest to all.

dave401uk

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 06:58:36 am »
I have a van full of the stuff..............if any one is interested ::) ::) :-X

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

ianharper

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 07:12:07 am »
carpet guys well said.

so how do we turn this attitude around, so that we all can benefit from it?

do you think that most cleaners limit themselves by not using long copy in their marketing. the less you say promotes tha the services we provide are basic and don't have any skill or science behind it?

we all know how much science is behind what we do, but many fail to turn the benefits of our equipment and products into one that the prospect can see as benefits.

for example most Tm users if you look at their site fast drying is not part of their USP. they don't in any way use the benefits of that extra investment in a way that shows the prospect why they should choose them over a porty user.

For example i tested dry cleaning last year and got great response and its now part of my message.

most cleaners don't match their message to their chosen market.

given this subject it shows how hard it can be matching the message when you know your market. the flip side to this is as you say when you have a attitude like that you have with the asthma UK position when once its in the minds of our prospects it will be hard to change. so whats stopping us changing it around?

respect

ian harper

heritagecleaning

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 10:03:58 am »
I am slightly confused by the original 'Keith Richards' post in that he asks us not to insult his intelligence. If you read the post he goes on to demonstrate that there isn't too much intelligence there to insult.

spindle

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 10:23:03 am »
 i will start by apologising for my ignorance........

how exactly will these product "HELP" asthma??

as a former asthma sufferer(cured now).......i would like like to know what is so special about these products...........

dust(and other things) is breathed in by sufferer and starts to annoy the lungs making the patient short of breath............so what is wrong with cleaning/dusting/hoovering your house on a daily basis.. a very good hoover will pick up a lot of the dust.....

dust mites live off human tissue(found in beds/sofa/carpets) and the "dirt/poop" they leave behind is what aggrievates the lungs/breathing...

i think that it is impossible to eradicate these pests..........

i think that these "products" have been overhyped........and the cost cannot be justified.

just my opinion...............but as always someone always knows more than you do!!!

ianharper

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 10:34:39 am »
spiindle

first it not the answer for all asthma sufferers but those that suffer from air allergen.

if you can remove the cause by lowing the levels then it can prevent the attacks.

as an example daily use of the air spray or when a suffers feels a attack coming on then use of the air spray will reduce the level of air allergen and "hopefully" prevent the attack.

as you know it all about the levels of the allergen that causes the attack. this product only deals with air allergens. so it not a answer to all. but like most illnesses can be prevented if action is taken to do so.

if people did not rip their carpets up in the first place then the Uk level of asthma would not be where they are today.

i must point out that in no do my opinions reflect that of solutions. this is how i see the problem.

respect

ian harper

spindle

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 11:07:42 am »
thanks ian..........

would you say that they work in the same way as say.......

when you have a building site and there is lots of dust...... they spray water to weigh down the"allergens/dust" in the air........

i am not having a go at anybody.........but do you not think that its expensive water??? ;)

ianharper

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 11:26:22 am »
your not just keeping the dust down but killing the allergen by breaking it down.

you cant live in a house with all doors and windows shut. allergen like pollen will blow in and i know people that suffer and the trigger is cats dander but still does not stop them keeping them.

of say you go away to a friend home or hotel that let dogs and cats in the air spray will deal with this

how about when again your trigger might be dust mite well the bed is number one on your list to defend. do they take mattress covers with them when they go away? mattress spray take no time to dry and will kill all dust mites?

Don't get me wrong i not trying to sell this its just a way to point out that the problem is out there and we have the answer from just cleaning items like bed carpets etc to full treatments like this one.

hygiene has come a long way. just think how bad thing would be today without the pressure that is put on the food industry. prevention again. only in this case you don't have hard floor or drug producers and the power they bring against you.

btw carpet are a renewable source not like trees. you can grow sheep much faster  :)

spindle

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 11:37:54 am »
lol

thanks ian

dont get me started on food hygiene laws..........i am an expert....18yrs in the catering game. the changes that i have seen in the industry in the last 5 yrs alone is enough.

but i do get your point.......i think that some people will go for it and some wont..

bit like a steak......or a 100% beefburger ;D ;D ;D

wasnt trying to annoy anyone but expressing an uninformed opinion

*paul_moss

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 07:23:41 pm »
At the end of the day.
My view is

Good product
Does work
Not very many customers want it
No money to be made in using it
Not a good  investment
UK Owner not very knowledged in marketing
Very, very, very long term investment
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

mark_roberts

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 11:05:34 pm »
IMO the mistake made was too buy into a new product almost like a franchise with lots of promises being made.  It was also being sold to 'non-members' although a bit more expensive.

I think the market for this sort of cleaning is very very small at least those willing to pay extra for it.  And then how long does it last.  Dust is created all day every day.

A leader in the cleaning industry once told me very few houses have dust mites anyway!!

Mark

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 05:08:49 am »
According to Richard and Judy there are millions but the main concern is a clean carpet with all the stains blu tac  Last Years dinner etc removed.

ianharper

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 06:42:52 am »
guys

with respect.

i can understand cleaners wanting to make extra money from a product but, if you can raise the level of you clean then would you not want to do so?

as i have said how would you feel as a customer if you had a cleaner coming into your home each week to clean it and they did a clean that to the eye clean but failed to use any products that would kill th ebugs on your kitchen surfaces or in you bathroom.

cleaning has two levels to it the firsts is the look and the second is the hygiene.

if you are using detergents then ok but if you are micrsplitting then well it not harder to switch.

I understand that there is a cost involved but this is pennies.

apart from the above your clean is unique in that you can provide a level to a much higher standard than those that don't use this product.

again i would point out i am not pushing this product but just pointing out some points regarding standards of clean.

one thing that we have a responsibility to is the eco subject again its something that cant be seen but we can choose to take it on or not. many people expect things to be provided within a service from value to being responsible.

its called ethic. and as a member of BICSC its part of what we as members should be doing each day.

respect to you all

ian harper

Mike1946

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 06:45:59 am »
Ian I would be careful of saying that A/S prevents or stops asthma as it doesnt. It removes allergens which in turn could cause asthma but A/S in itself does not prevent asthma.
I am a network member and while I have not made a fortune from it, it is certainly another string to the bow when trying to get foot in door.
However I think this is just another pop at Solutions who could not be blamed for marketing errors made by some of the network.
It was never going to sell itself and needed to be worked at and still does. The ones who lost out were the ones who gave up on it and were not prepared to do the necessary work to turn it into a winner.

As for it being overtaken by M Power this is just not the case. M Power does not remove allergens and only has a limited life in the carpet for removing / killing mites.
Mike Dickerson

A D M Carpet Care

NCCA

Mike1946

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 06:50:35 am »
Dave401UK if you want to give me your van full of it I will gladly take it off your hands ::) ::)
Mike Dickerson

A D M Carpet Care

NCCA

stevegunn

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 08:26:47 am »
Ian I would be careful of saying that A/S prevents or stops asthma as it doesnt. It removes allergens which in turn could cause asthma but A/S in itself does not prevent asthma.
I am a network member and while I have not made a fortune from it, it is certainly another string to the bow when trying to get foot in door.
However I think this is just another pop at Solutions who could not be blamed for marketing errors made by some of the network.
It was never going to sell itself and needed to be worked at and still does. The ones who lost out were the ones who gave up on it and were not prepared to do the necessary work to turn it into a winner.

As for it being overtaken by M Power this is just not the case. M Power does not remove allergens and only has a limited life in the carpet for removing / killing mites.

Sorry Mike but the marketing errors were made by Solutions promises of editorials that did not happen,adverts placed in obscure magazines,no marketing until the product had been out for a year then too much money paid for national advertising which brought no return.

So its turned into a winner has it I don't think so.The only winners out of this were solution and jm marketing with the sale of his workwear/leaflets.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 08:44:03 am »
I did not join so can only comment from the outside and my memory of events

First someone suggested that a Group of Carpet Cleaners should work together to promote the industry. (Do not know if this post was a plant to set master plan rolling)

It was suggested that we could get

Editorials

National Advertising

National Lead System

National Contracts

Next Alerg Stop was born and this Forum was dominated with it for several months.

Probably what went wrong was lack of experience and although having a positive mental attitude  the above was not as easy to achieve as it sounded. And who ever was involved would have to make a commitment involving money to acheive this.

I do recall some members got Editorials in their local papers I presume they were not paid advertising

Personally although I did not like the attempt to dominate the rest of us  I admired your enthusiasim and the Going For it Attitude

John Kelly

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 08:59:13 am »
Just a word on how these products work. They change the "footprint" of the proteins in the allergen preventing the recepters in the human body recognising them and reacting.

ianharper

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 11:24:23 am »
control the environment and you can some control over the illness.

don't get me wrong my view is no different to someone that is told that if they stop smoking they will not get ill.

take away the cause and you remove the problem.

I see it as preventing attacks by controlling the environment. no different to asthma UK say rip up carpets

what do drugs do they change the body. if you stop it getting to that point where you get the reaction you have prevented an attack.

again these are my personal views regarding asthma attack prevention.

respect

Phil Marlor

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 01:13:23 pm »
Want to get rid of bed bugs/mites etc.

Pull back your quilt and open wide a window before you go out to work,

I'm no way knocking the product, but this whole Eco/Green thing is just another way of making money, the Government have been doing it for years.

We have been sourounded by all these creatures since time began, you will never get rid of them, so learn to live with them, get your carpets cleaned once a year and loads of ventilation when possible.

I'm sure the heat from my TM and pre spray with M-power is just as good.

Phil

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

stevegunn

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 03:38:38 pm »
Nick I know your reading this just to put the record straight the press piece that I had published was given to me by Gavin and I did not offer Dry fusion to them because it dried quicker why would I the t/m drying times were ample.I offered them the three packages value,allergy/baby/pet and protect package which not one of them went down the allergstop route.Customers are just not prepared to pay for it full stop.My wife(diploma in asthma) told you it was a non starter from the off maybe I should have listened to her instead of you I would have saved myself some money.So we didn't put any work into AS that's why we were not a success ::)

As for peoples businesses growing off the back of allergstop, do you not think the forums have had more to do with that than allergstop we all speak to each other and send each other ideas nothing to do with AS.Ian Harper has give more marketing tips out on this forum in the last couple of weeks than you ever were forthcoming with.

Since parting company with yourself my business has gone from strength to strength no false promises,no more falling for your sales patter about "how wonderful this is" and most of all I'm saving money.

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 05:05:59 pm »
I was one of the people who was hoping and praying people wouldn't fall for this so called network, but unfortunately many did and lost large amounts of money. I believe that Solution knew that the network would flop and the whole thing would be a win win situation either way for them.

I choose NOT to deal with Solution and never will. 

Regards
Peter

Derek_Walker

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 08:33:44 pm »
With respect Peter, to say that a company would start something with the intentions of it not working just based on your belief, is an irresponsible statement to make. Anyone wishing to become part of a Franchise / network or any other kind of business which involves parting with cash is taking a risk, there are no guaranties. It is up to the individual to make it work. Allergstop is a ground breaking product which if used and marketed properly is a great usp for your business in many different ways, not just the allergy market.
I use many products from different suppliers Solutions is one of them and I have personally found Nick and all his staff to be very helpful and deliveries are always on time.
Talking of deliveries, ordered some bits from a firm in Texas on Monday they were delivered today, now that is service.

PaulKing

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 09:26:21 pm »
well they are selling solutions stuff in aldi now cheaper than you can get it for the source go figure! hell it works well i bought a few bottles at 1.38 just want to know what it is as might sell a few on if i can get the source.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

PaulKing

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2007, 09:45:41 pm »
this is it which spotter is it from the range anyone know
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

dave401uk

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2007, 10:01:13 pm »
MIKE1946, it cost me, so what makes you think its for free ::)

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 10:07:45 pm »
I think that AS was developed to reduce the symptoms of the trigger ie dustmite poo, if you are not affected by the poo then you don't need to use it.

AS was always going to go to a select few, allergy sufferers are on the up maybe because there is more awareness but believing that a product can help and also a premium price will always reduce the size of the market to a select amount.

Shaun

My wife has AS a big one!

stevegunn

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2007, 10:08:36 pm »
True to form received email from Nick telling me I'm twisting things for my own end.Thats rich coming from him :o

carpetguy

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2007, 10:46:28 pm »
The generally accepted belief, is, it's the enzyme, within the gut of the microscopic Mite that causes Asthma, but it might just be a trigger, like fine dust, or other airborne allergens.

It's more likely, that the problem, is genetic, but can be controlled, through changes in breathing and some physical therapies ( not physiotherapy )

Sprays, cleaning regimes, better airflow, in homes can all help to control Asthma, but won't eliminate Asthma, whereas the changes in breathing technique and specific physical therapies can.

There will always be occasions, when changes in diet alone, will eliminate what appears to be Asthma, but has been an allergic reaction.

As Phil says, open your windows, allow the cool air to circulate through bed sheets and turn off bedroom heaters.

Obviously, it's a good thing, to have mattresses vacuumed regularly and products which have proven to kill dustmites have to be a good thing.

But............don't claim to have a cure for Asthma, even therapists, like myself never claim, to " cure "it's not allowed, even with a list of clients, whose lives have been changed, some, for years, it's not allowed to claim, that you can "cure"

stevegunn

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2007, 10:49:04 pm »
The best you can offer is to alleviate the symptoms

NigelD

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 11:00:39 pm »
I know people who have a mattress cleaning franchise.

In some parts of the country, notably London & South East they do very well. In others it is a different story. Does that mean the franchise doesn't work or is a con.. NO.

You need to know your target audience. If you have cleaned carpets for a length of time do you find an interest in allergy related problems/solutions if yes then AS is probably worth looking at. If not why spend the money.

Personally I find there is a low interest level, but I know that I can either provide that service via AS or point customers to the website. It is IMO a niche market that needs to be worked very hard, something I dont feel like doing.

As for knocking Solutions, if you have invested money then you are bound feel to let down and angry that things didn' work out as you hoped. But surely we can all relate stories of marketing that failed or we didn't have budget for. It would have been better for everyone Solutions and users if it had worked, but the buying public seem to be sceptical or fickle on the matters.

Nigel

Len Gribble

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2007, 03:05:34 am »
For what it’s worth I have a neighbours and brother in-law both suffers, like the product but would not pay the cost price, ??? also gave out the aerosols to know customers who are suffers.

More or less gave the rest of it away at Ashby’s open day last year (it was from the starter pack). Rest went down the bog as it turned a funny colour. 8) Dave one for you! ;D

Only problem I see with some companies is a jumping jack flash attitude, time to move on. In America I think they call it a sting!

NigelD

(they do very well) this begs the question! How do you know that? :)

Steve

Nice one! rich ???

Think I will stay as a splash and dash that what customers want.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

carpetguy

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 07:52:04 am »
Len.

What have you been up to .............just come in, or about to go out..........IT'S JUST AFTER 3 AM

You summed it up in one sentence............" like it, but not at that price "

Also, you are right about the "opportunist mentality," which, is good business.........to join a trend, and jump off when another comes along, whether it's ethical, is another story.

As I've mentioned before, when One Step was launched in the UK a similar marketing exercise was set up, but without the expense and membership.

One Step was sold as the perfect product to use with the CFR system and there were additional products for hard floors Arkallo and Crystallo ( spelling might be wrong ) plus a ceiling tile cleaner.

Sound familiar.................the model was already there and as I've said before, it could have been handled better.

Nick V-W is first and foremost, a salesman, and a pretty good one, otherwise, why woul the likes of John Bolton, Kieth ex CFR and others joined his organisation.

He will not be seen as a long term threat to other suppliers, he's actually doing them a favour, by introducing new products, creating a market...........then what happens ?

The products get copied, or reinvented and everyone joins in.

Difference is..............you don't have to join the club and you don't have to worry about catchy logos, there will be others along shortly

NigelD

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2007, 08:10:30 am »
Len

Regarding how I know. I speak with the franchisor.

The point I was trying to make and possibly not well, is that in certain areas of the country there are sufficient people who will pay for health led services to make it viable as a business.

My experience is that most people want dirty carpets looking clean  :)

Nigel

craigp

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2007, 08:30:15 am »
can't remember where i read:  'never think that what you sell is more important than who you sell it too.'

carpetguy

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2007, 08:45:29 am »
Nigel

You are correct about people being sceptical when something new appears, but it's more to do with, a lack of conviction and we are up against TV programs, which always go for the drama, rather than the reality.

They would rather have some, so called Doctor, who knows nothing about the cleaning
going around, telling them to replace their carpets with laminated flooring.

Problem is, to talk about dust mites, is counter productive IMO, as the public will look for the easy option, or what they perceive to be the easy option.

Laminated flooring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Educating the masses, is something you can do, one to one, or in your marketing, or you could pressure your trade association to hold seminars.

rob

carpetguy

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2007, 08:57:54 am »
Good comment Craig, basic marketing, really.

rob

Matt Read

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007, 12:06:23 pm »
Isn't it about time this allergstop thing was laid to rest,Woodbridge cost me approx a grand for a failed truckmount order ,i tried to have my say on here and it was removed within an hour, these allergstop threads seem to go on forever,surely by now the aggrieved have had there say. I assume everyone who bought into it at the time made their own choice or they could have used the court route to get recompense.

Matt

spindle

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2007, 01:11:52 pm »
i think that if a/s stuff wasnt so expensive it might do well.....

can you see a average family with an average income able to afford an extra bill each month........
tv.license=15pm
gas/electric=80pm
council tax=???
allergstop=26pm(roughly if had carpets cleaned x3 per year....... nvw)

the people that would benifit most from a/s (families living in damp/rundown council estates)are the people that cannot afford it!!

just a thought........

Matt Lindus

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2007, 04:15:00 pm »
He is a fantastic sales man theres no doubt about it, and Im sure allergstop has been a good little earner for him.
Good for him I say, if people are daft enough to fall for these tricks they deserve to loose money.

matt

Mark Roberts

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 04:45:54 pm »
There are no tricks involved, some can sell it, some cant.

If I were thinking about becoming a member I would trial with my customers and talk to other members which are selling it successfully and make a decision that way.

If it failed that would be my fault for not understanding what's involved and for researching enough.

I use it as an add-on and have made a lot of good money out of it and still am.

spindle

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2007, 08:03:07 pm »
ok i stand corrected nvw..........even if it last for 9-12mts.it is still more expensive than the alternative cleaning methods
the point i was trying to make that a/s is beyond the pocket of the people who would benifit from it the most........

and as you are reading nick this maybe you can answer the other post regarding "aldi" solutions??

i am wondering ...........they have a very similar  address  ;)

stevegunn

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2007, 08:16:01 pm »
There are no tricks involved, some can sell it, some cant.

If I were thinking about becoming a member I would trial with my customers and talk to other members which are selling it successfully and make a decision that way.

If it failed that would be my fault for not understanding what's involved and for researching enough.

I use it as an add-on and have made a lot of good money out of it and still am.

Unfortunately I did not have that privilege of asking others as I was one of the first in the network.Gavin was the one asking all the questions at our meeting which at the time we all thought were over the top but he was proved right to be sceptical.

As far as research went Nick was a little lacking in that department as the wife gave him a lot of information and leads to follow up so we were not the only ones who were unsure what was involved.

As for selling it the problem was the price not the product.Its funny because I seem to be able to sell my carpet cleaning service no problem so what was I doing wrong??  I advertised the product,had a newspaper article,bought the leaflets placed them in doctors surgeries,vets,dentists and even a chemist but still no takers but I still managed to sell them the carpet cleaning using m/s.

So come on Nick we know your dying it to reply or are you going to get one of your little spy's to do it?

stevegunn

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2007, 08:19:57 pm »
ok i stand corrected nvw..........even if it last for 9-12mts.it is still more expensive than the alternative cleaning methods
the point i was trying to make that a/s is beyond the pocket of the people who would benifit from it the most........

and as you are reading nick this maybe you can answer the other post regarding "aldi" solutions??

i am wondering ...........they have a very similar  address  ;)

Chris

You hit the nail on the head there a lot of families I spoke to about it were low income families who would rather get their inhalers on the Nhs for nothing rather than pay for the As treatment or they simply could not afford it.

spindle

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2007, 08:20:50 pm »
Hi

No Problem, the product at Aldi is a derivative of Solution No3, it is a far weaker version of the professional product for the domestic market, I was fully aware of the product going into the store some 8 months ago, prior to its introduction it has no effect on our business relationship which is a good one.

Hope this helps

Best regards Nick

"The Solution may be closer than you think!"

garyj

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2007, 09:44:24 pm »
 ;D  ;D

:-* :-*

For some reason this has brought a big smile to my face.

Gone a bit quiet though  :P

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2007, 12:06:19 am »
Hi guys
I still use allerg-STOP and promote it but not as much as i used to,It is not given enough back up as it should be by the manufacturers or suppliers unfortunatly as it is a bloody good product, i also use M power which is a excellent cleaner and would like to try it against Nemisis,I do not like  using detergents as i have had resoiling problems in the past  even after neutralising them with an acidic rinse ,which is down to my own personal experience ,never the less i would not be without  ultrapac renovate on board to break down draught marks and soot deposits.I know there are a lot of people against solutions on this board rightly or wrongly but at the end of the day they do produce some fantastic products with good service IMO untill personally proved otherwise

Matt
Have you personally used these products first hand or are you just jumping on to the band wagon as i would be interested to know

Cheers Mark

Matt Lindus

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2007, 10:22:59 am »
Paul,

To the fake Mr Richards, ;D

Get back to your own forum, John, Nick or who ever you are!

spindle

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2007, 10:35:38 am »
 a derivative is the rate of change of a quantity. A derivative is an instantaneous rate of change: it is calculated at a specific instant rather than as an average over time. The process of finding a derivative is called differentiation. The reverse process is integration. The two processes are the central concepts of calculus and the relationship between them is the fundamental theorem of calculus.

This article assumes an understanding of algebra, analytic geometry, and the limit.

For a real-valued function of a single real variable, the derivative at a point equals the slope of the line tangent to the graph of the function at that point. Derivatives can be used to characterize many properties of a function, including

whether and at what rate the function is increasing or decreasing for a fixed value of the input to the function
whether and where the function has maximum or minimum values
The concept of a derivative can be extended to functions of more than one variable (see multivariable calculus), to functions of complex variables (see complex analysis) and to many other cases.

Differentiation has many applications throughout all numerate disciplines. For example, in physics, the derivative of the position of a moving body is its velocity and the derivative of the velocity is the acceleration.

ianharper

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2007, 11:17:43 am »

how you might sell these types of products and services. check out my test site. it has some mistakes and is only an idea for the type of message to market match that i am testing at the moment.

http://www.the-most-thorough-carpet-cleaning.150m.com/

respect

craigp

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2007, 11:47:41 am »
qoute;********these big van mounted machines use large amounts of fuel to heat the water and run the machine. they are over engineered for the purpose of cleaning carpets in a home. and only benefit the user as they allow quicker setup up times. and they don't add any benefits to the service provided.**********

lol, ;D Ian, till you get one.

no benifits to the customer?  hhmmmmmmmmm

ianharper

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2007, 01:50:12 pm »
craigp

had one. did not like them. hoses heavy higher cost etc, large investment etc

respect

Phillip Mold

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2007, 05:19:42 pm »
Tried to use the site  ( http://www.the-most-thorough-carpet-cleaning.150m.com/) to see if I am listed, but could get the links to work from the county map.

Nice idea though!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

ianharper

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2007, 05:31:26 pm »
hi Phillip

Still working on it all.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2007, 05:45:07 pm »
I find that with my TM that I use less water than when I was portable also carpets are drier quicker so the central heating needs to be on less, also I use considerably less chemical and that also means less packaging.

How does that compare with your equasions?

Oh and no extra electricity for heating water or running the machine.

I think the green issues of running a carpet cleaning machine are negative if you think of what is needed to make a new carpet.

Shaun

mark_roberts

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2007, 06:19:28 pm »
Ian

If memory serves me right your truckmount was an old bruin that seemed to be always breaking down.

Perhaps with a newer version of a TM that had better and more reliable performance you would have a different opinion.

A TM has massive benefits for me and the customer.  Example two jobs done today that Ive done before with the portable.  First carpet touch dry before I left, jobs where completed quicker.  Finished at 3pm with time to do other quotes and £400 in my pocket.  I never had days like that with a portable.

With your marketing enthusiasm (sp) I think that with a TM you would achieve a lot more.

Mark

*paul_moss

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2007, 06:25:15 pm »
Ian
Mark is right on the nail,I have just gone truckmount the last couple of weeks and have found the same.Much faster,much easier and carpets amazingly drier.
Never thought it possible as I had been using a powerfull top end porty the last couple of years,but the truckmount is truely a different world.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

ianharper

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2007, 06:28:20 pm »
Shaun

this was just a way to show how easy it is to put spin on any issue.

our government has made smokers feel bad about the choice they have made to smoke. its taken about twenty years for the pressure or so called special interest groups to get there way.

its about to start with the green issue. starting with 4*4 and now its little black boxes in our cars.

in the end we all make our own choices. but now the powers that be have found a way to force their agendas. (tax)

respect

as i said guys benefits you and not customer. with respect you are just justifying your choice. no problem with that. all that can be done with tm can be done with less overhead, and just as quick if that what you want? btw a local friend does that day in and out with portables.

Dave Roelants

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2007, 06:31:27 pm »
Ian,
The map link from you site is like something out of the eighteenth century, Cumberland and Westmorland? Even round here no-one can remember where they were!
Best Regards
Dave
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!

stains-away

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2007, 08:34:04 pm »
a derivative is the rate of change of a quantity. A derivative is an instantaneous rate of change: it is calculated at a specific instant rather than as an average over time. The process of finding a derivative is called differentiation. The reverse process is integration. The two processes are the central concepts of calculus and the relationship between them is the fundamental theorem of calculus.

This article assumes an understanding of algebra, analytic geometry, and the limit.

For a real-valued function of a single real variable, the derivative at a point equals the slope of the line tangent to the graph of the function at that point. Derivatives can be used to characterize many properties of a function, including

whether and at what rate the function is increasing or decreasing for a fixed value of the input to the function
whether and where the function has maximum or minimum values
The concept of a derivative can be extended to functions of more than one variable (see multivariable calculus), to functions of complex variables (see complex analysis) and to many other cases.

Differentiation has many applications throughout all numerate disciplines. For example, in physics, the derivative of the position of a moving body is its velocity and the derivative of the velocity is the acceleration.

Robert Watson

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2007, 08:36:56 pm »
 ;D Nice one
The Kitchen Door Centre

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2007, 09:27:18 pm »
"42"

is that the answer to life in the Universe and everything?

Shaun

NigelD

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2007, 11:44:36 pm »
Ian

Your reply  to craigp

"I" had one. did not like them. hoses heavy higher cost etc, large investment etc

respect"

A later post

"as i said guys benefits you and not customer. with respect you are just justifying your choice."

Ian - you didn't like large investment, heavy hoses and higher cost.

Surely that's justifying it to yourself, the customers needs have not come into it.

Finally you state that "all that can be done with tm can be done with less overhead, and just as quick if that what you want?"

A fairly broad statement, that I suspect is not founded in reality. And by that I mean when a supplier has stated that their portable/electric machine does all that a broadly comparable TM can do then I would have to accept your arguement.

Let me finish by saying that discussion on these points is in my opinion the lifeblood of these forums  :)

Nigel

ianharper

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2007, 05:21:36 am »
with respect

from a customer point of view

quick drying times can be arrived at by dry cleaning. what other benefits to the customer are there?

surly everything we do should be first for the customer and second for profit.?

the two machines do not compare side by side. its taking a hammer to creak a nut view that i am trying to put across. and a view that does not come up in this topic. also i am only talking about domestic work.

please please i respect your choice. i dont want this to get into the old tm v porty. i have had my say,

respect

NigelD

« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2007, 08:28:51 am »
Ian

I have no problem with how you approach running your business, it's the diiferent options that we offer that provide choice. As yourself I am not interested in TM v portable v bonnet v dry compound.

I would disagree with

"surly everything we do should be first for the customer and second for profit.?"

If we don't make profit we don't stay in business. So I would suggest that firstly we make a profit, in doing so we also try to ensure that the customers requirements are foremost.

Now whether that is fast drying, deep cleaning, Eco friendly etc..... brings us back to choice. And we all are looking for something that tries to set us apart from the competition

Hope that makes sense

Nigel

spindle

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2007, 09:06:57 am »
andy

are you suggesting that you dont understand?? ;D ;D ;D

ianharper

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2007, 11:26:08 am »
great site Nigel

http://www.cleaningdoctor.net/northampton.html

shounds like we are reading from the same book. great message are presation. one of the best sites i have seen in a long time.

who did for you? normaly you get webmasters that dont understand about the "message" great mix of direct responce and franchise.

respect

NigelD

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2007, 10:49:48 am »
Ian

That's not me, it's another Nigel

Nigel

stains-away

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2007, 04:35:51 pm »
Andy

are you suggesting that you don't understand?? ;D ;D ;D

Derivatives and the Cauchy-Riemann equations
Just as in real analysis, a "smooth" complex function w = f(z) may have a derivative at a particular point in its domain Ω. In fact, the definition of the derivative

is analogous to the real case, with one very important difference. In real analysis, the limit can only be approached by moving along the one-dimensional number line. In complex analysis, the limit can be approached from any direction in the two-dimensional complex plane.

If this limit, the derivative, exists for every point z in Ω, then f(z) is said to be differentiable on Ω. It can be shown that any differentiable f(z) is analytic. This is a much more powerful result than the analogous theorem that can be proved for real-valued functions of real numbers. In the calculus of real numbers, we can construct a function f(x) that has a first derivative everywhere, but for which the second derivative does not exist at one or more points in the function's domain. But in the complex plane, if a function f(z) is differentiable in a neighborhood it must also be infinitely differentiable in that neighborhood.

By applying the methods of vector calculus to compute the partial derivatives of the two real functions u(x, y) and v(x, y) into which f(z) can be decomposed, and by considering two paths leading to a point z in Ω, it can be shown that the derivative exists if and only if

Equating the real and imaginary parts of these two expressions we obtain the traditional formulation of the Cauchy-Riemann Equations:

or, in another common notation, 
By differentiating this system of two partial differential equations first with respect to x, and then with respect to y, we can easily show that

or, in another common notation, 
In other words, the real and imaginary parts of a differentiable function of a complex variable are harmonic functions because they satisfy Laplace's equation.

I'm listening, continue  ;D

PS. I corrected your grammar (don't feel bad about it  8)

carpetguy

« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2007, 04:38:12 pm »
That's one of the c/d franchise sites Ian they're Irish based and obviously believers in the Polish /Saunders school of marketing

Very bright, informative, but subtle, professional presentation.

rob

carpetguy

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2007, 04:43:24 pm »
Andy a

Don't quite see the point of this, maybe you should take a leaf out ot your own book............

" Sometimes it's better to remaim silent, etc "

rob

stains-away

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2007, 04:49:52 pm »
Andy a

Don't quite see the point of this, maybe you should take a leaf out ot your own book............

" Sometimes it's better to remaim silent, etc "

rob

Rob,
I don't really see the point in your point, but without wishing to sound rude,
 , Andy

Len Gribble

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2007, 05:30:17 pm »
Is b******s a new improved b******s or something new? ;D

Len   
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

stains-away

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2007, 05:34:59 pm »
Is b******s a new improved b******s or something new? ;D

Len   

Its been repackaged a few times Len but its basically the same old formula, Andy  ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2007, 05:52:03 pm »
This topic is now locked