Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Who is joining Tacca now that you have to pay
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 05:14:59 pm »
We're open to debate but scandalous advertising will end up with an invoice being sent, just saying.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2016, 05:39:26 pm »
Adwords bootcamp is (finally) coming soon with £100 off for members.   

Derek you do know that charging non members an extra £100 is not the same as offering  Members a £100 discount don't you ;)

Or to put it another way.... I saw an Adwords boot camp for £80 advertised on Google,  so in you case you are charging £80 for non members.......but members you pay them £20 to attend 8) 8) 8)

Or have you worked out the price to run the course is £120 but you put a price of £250  so you can offer a £100 discount and still make £20 a member and a whopping £120 off non members

Next you will be offering an earlybird discount  of £50 ( but really just stuck £50 on the cost in the beginning ).

............;.;.:...............,,

Ok this is not a dig  at Derek just using this thread to highlight a pet hate of mine which is marketing Gurus who run courses and offer all sorts of phoney discount to get people to book.

a bit of a hijack of this thread but it keeps it interesting :)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2016, 05:59:49 pm »
We're open to debate but scandalous advertising will end up with an invoice being sent, just saying.

Thought i'd be positive instead of retalliating.  not sure it was scandalous,  did you mean blatant? maybe hint for a dictionary for xmas shaun,
apologies for not lowering myself to others levels. i shall refrain from commenting and leave you all to make stuff up about me, have fun  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2016, 06:04:20 pm »
Derek wears ladies underwear!!
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

SteveAllan

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 06:04:28 pm »
Hope the cleaner profits rip off merchant is not involved in the course, maybe it might be worth the price tag :)

neil 47

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2016, 09:47:15 pm »
You can do a 10 hour video Adwords course on udemy at your own pace , it's very Indepth and you can skip the bits that you don't need .

All for the sum of £15
IICRC

Adam P

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2016, 10:17:22 pm »
yikes the hostility on this forum is palpable. i don't get it. why can't derek make money from it? £300 is actually nothing. i'm 100% sure derek wont be just taking that £300, spending £10 on the running costs and then pocketing the other £290.

i'm willing to bet derek will be spending most of that money on expansion, just as amazon did for the first 10 years of it's life to expend, which is only great for other members.

i remember that jason fellow who's posted in this forum many times going on about how great groupon is back 4/5 years ago. groupon was destroying the industry for the short time it was popular. TACCA will do nothing but improve it, even if it's so small it's unnoticable, but none the less the aim of TACCA is to improve the industry, and it gets so much negativity towards it.

this forum most definetly hates a winner.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2016, 08:04:15 am »
Derek advising you to be careful on your posts as not to get charged as an advertiser which is a way of saving you money or I shall I say nothing and the owners will send you an invoice ?

I thought I was doing you a favour.

jasonl

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2016, 10:11:46 am »
It seems tacca has been superseded now by a more vibrant group.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Hilton

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2016, 10:58:44 am »
More vibrant ?

What group is that ?

Carpet Master

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2016, 12:25:34 pm »
Probably referring to the one on facebook.

Scott Holman

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2016, 09:44:06 pm »
Derek where does the TACCA site rank if I use keywords on google, carpet cleaning, carpet cleaners or for my own area Carpet cleaning Morecambe, Lancaster Lancashire?? I've said this before and I'm sure you'll still disagree what is your focus to progress?? Personal gain? Personal gain for your sponsors/distributors? Or gain for all members not just a select few who are worthy? I'm not bitter and I'm certainly not failingmy customers don't know who or what TACCA is and probably don't care! They care about what I provide to them for their hard earned money and I clearly state if need be the cost and the profit I make, it's called honesty!! I also know that for my area I rank 1st organically in 2 main areas without Adwords and I have the highest rated and reviewed online presence advertising your organisation! shouldn't you be paying me a subscription fee?
My quarrel and the reason I left the group is that somebody new had an idea! It seemed to be working! You obviously didn't like it and made some daft status about loyalty etc etc but really having a dig to discredit somebody, is this a familiar feeling? Personally I don't give a crap about Dan or his business I waited 2 weeks for a delivery I paid for and it was put down to FedEx. I don't give a crap about who's to blame I paid for a service and I expect nothing less.
Please convince me why I should continue to advertise TACCA in my area and pay for the privilege ? Better yet give me a call and we can talk man to man you have my number and I'm a reasonable guy but my mother didn't raise a fool.
To clean or not to clean? That is the question??

Jennifer w

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2016, 11:01:19 pm »
Crikey,

Could someone tell me who Dan is please.

I still can't see a problem with being charged a fee, to be advertised via tacca in a given area....., via the web.

Or am I missing something, is each area to saturated, or restricted....., or is there other issues?

Regards

Jen

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2016, 11:05:00 pm »
oh god, please don't tell Hilton the facebook group! He'll be annoying on there too!!  ;D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2016, 11:09:20 pm »
Derek where does the TACCA site rank if I use keywords on google, carpet cleaning, carpet cleaners or for my own area Carpet cleaning Morecambe, Lancaster Lancashire?? I've said this before and I'm sure you'll still disagree what is your focus to progress?? Personal gain? Personal gain for your sponsors/distributors? Or gain for all members not just a select few who are worthy? I'm not bitter and I'm certainly not failingmy customers don't know who or what TACCA is and probably don't care! They care about what I provide to them for their hard earned money and I clearly state if need be the cost and the profit I make, it's called honesty!! I also know that for my area I rank 1st organically in 2 main areas without Adwords and I have the highest rated and reviewed online presence advertising your organisation! shouldn't you be paying me a subscription fee?
My quarrel and the reason I left the group is that somebody new had an idea! It seemed to be working! You obviously didn't like it and made some daft status about loyalty etc etc but really having a dig to discredit somebody, is this a familiar feeling? Personally I don't give a crap about Dan or his business I waited 2 weeks for a delivery I paid for and it was put down to FedEx. I don't give a crap about who's to blame I paid for a service and I expect nothing less.
Please convince me why I should continue to advertise TACCA in my area and pay for the privilege ? Better yet give me a call and we can talk man to man you have my number and I'm a reasonable guy but my mother didn't raise a fool.

Are you a paying member Scott?  (I assume your not from what I read above) why do you mention tacca on your site if your not listed on it?

Hilton

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2016, 11:17:15 pm »
oh god, please don't tell Hilton the facebook group! He'll be annoying on there too!!  ;D
;D
Your safe ,don't do face book but I hear it's pretty vibrant.

Jennifer w

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2016, 11:41:55 pm »
Hi,

Can anyone explain the gripe with tacca,I still can't see one????

Cheers

Jen

Adam P

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2016, 01:14:44 am »
^^^ users on here are hostile. Critique is fair for anyone, but what's on here isn't that.

I imagine scott still has the logo on the site as he was listed but hasn't now become listed due to the fee. not everyone can update their site too quickly

jasonl

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2016, 05:24:48 am »
Hi,

Can anyone explain the gripe with tacca,I still can't see one????

Cheers

Jen

Taking money from the gullible for a listing which is a poor use of a members advertising budget.
The benefits of membership are free elsewhere

An unaccountable entity with little credibility, just look at some of the you tube videos.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

sean oregan

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2016, 07:46:14 am »
Jennifer

Tacca was a free association that was free but it's now gone down a paid route.
Because it is a paid group with no board members it cannot be called an association so now it an alliance.
people jumped onto the bandwagon when it was free but now they have to pay they are critical of it and Derek I think it's because they can't afford membership
Some people just hate to see others doing well.

People claiming he purchased his rug cleaning equipment out of tacca days.
(Have they access to his business/personal accounts)
People claiming he will fail because he lives in a rented house.
(Wtf, is all I can say)
Laughable

I am a member.
What Derek has achieved without funding from us members is in my eye's brilliant.
For that reason i have given it a chance nobody can say for sure how good/bad that decision is.
Will I continue paying membership if I see no return? No but I do feel he is worthy of a chance.