Paul Moss

Who is joining Tacca now that you have to pay
« on: December 13, 2016, 06:58:36 pm »
Saw on face book a lot of comments on this, supprised nobody has asked the question on here.

DB

Re: Who is joining Tacca now that you have to pay
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 07:19:14 pm »
It was only a matter of time Paul

Derek has done a great job but there is only so much one person can do or fund

SteveAllan

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 08:38:59 pm »
Doubtful.

JandS

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »
What they charging?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 05:47:17 pm »
I haven't had the email.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 06:58:38 pm »
ATM it is £150 for a standard membership which I believe is being a member and a listing or £250 for an enhanced listing with Seo for your area, there may be other benefits also there's discounts with suppliers on first order with them but it all goes up £50 each in the new year.

derek west

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 08:27:09 pm »
Thought i'd post this so there is no speculation.

We are ready to grow, will you be joining us?

Dear TACCA Member,

For the last 5 years The Approved Carpet Cleaners Alliance has been supporting you and other carpet cleaning businesses by providing a logo and website, leads through Facebook referrals and direct jobs through the main TACCA website and all at no cost to our members. From the start we've always had two main goals for TACCA:
To give all who supported it something to belong to, something we could all be proud of showing off to our customers, while generating leads for our awesome members!
To use the website, our branding and increasing public recognition as a platform to educate consumers that not all carpet cleaners are the same.
We sincerely hope you have benefited from the past 5 years of free support to help you grow, but now we want to be able to offer you so much more!

What are the benefits of TACCA membership?

Online marketing boosts for your website from links and mentions on the TACCA website which have serious effects on your SEO and Google rankings.
Our branding to use when promoting yourself with backing from the website and business page. People trust a company more when they are part of something bigger.
An active private Facebook group with 20-30 posts a day and a high level of support and advice. Access to shared projects & opportunities for more work.
Leads direct through the TACCA website. This will be increased with funding to improve the current lead platform.
Yearly training days to help increase your confidence in your business and provide additional up to date resources needed.
Brand new £5k+ website which is more modern, easier to use, mobile friendly and with new functionality for customers to leave reviews of our members; the next big area of growth for local SEO!

Find out more about TACCA and what we do for our members

We're already adding the following benefits:

Social media campaigns aimed at both consumers learning about TACCA for the first time and getting new members on board to extend our UK coverage and brand awareness.
Tips & advice blog posts for members including any economical or legal changes that may affect your business.
Magazine editorials to help promote the need for a professional cleaner in people’s homes.
Search engine performance has already improved since our launch of the new website, now we're making a massive push to get TACCA ranking higher on Google as well as other search engines, through improved website SEO and advertising campaigns.
Dedicated Facebook Forum with experts awaiting your questions as well as other members to help out – as requested this would be a paid member only benefit.
In order to continue to provide the above benefits and the new proposed benefits, it has now come time for us to start charging a small membership. TACCA has so many more ideas and requests from current members we would love to implement but financial constraints have prevented this in the past.

TACCA is your alliance, your professional community, we are there to support you and will use all monies paid for by membership charges to promote our members and help their business grow. Just imagine the possibilities we could achieve with additional funding!

Vouchers & discounts for members

Becoming a paid member of TACCA not only provides you with the supportive and promotional benefits but you will also receive discounts from some amazing suppliers for chemicals and machinery with many more offers being added throughout the year – So far we have secured £120 worth of discounts for fully paid up members.

Discount vouchers

One-off £20 discounts from Great suppliers (min purchase £150 applies)
Alltec Network
Cleanspec
Carpet cleaners world
CSUK
Restormate
The Tile master
Discounts on training

Also, special discounts on training courses from:
The Ultimate floor sanding company
Modular training solutions
Woolsafe
Legend brands (inc new product discount voucher)
- Discounts for fully paid members on these courses along with exclusive notification.
And finally
Allan Simmons from Get booked up has an amazing offer for anyone who is not using Get booked up at the moment, Worth as much as the membership fee on its own.

Membership options

All members can now submit a listing for each branch they operate, the two options for membership include the following features:

Standard membership (£150 per year)

1 year listing
1 location category with dot on the map
Use the TACCA logo
Discounts and savings coupons from our associates
Access our members only forums
Premium membership (£250 per year)

Upload more photos to your listing for better SEO
Highlighted listing to stand out from the crowd
Add styles and links to your listing to stand out
SEO analysis of your listing with actionable recommendations
x40 Social posts about your listing across TACCA pages to get more views

Upgrade your listing today

How to secure your listing on TACCA

We've done our best to make upgrading your listing as easy as possible, so if you have any issues, please do let us know by clicking the big blue "SUPPORT" button on the left of every page of our website to send us a ticket and we'll get back to you with help as soon as possible.

Instructions for new members

Visit tacca.co.uk/register to register on our website.
Click "dashboard" in the top right to go to your dashboard.
Click "Create listing" and then fill out your information.
You can create a listing for each physical branch of your business.
Click "submit" to send us your application.
We will check all applications then email you back if approved.
Once you're approved, log back in and go to edit your listing.
You will see a "Pay now" button, click this to pay.
Once we receive payment, your listing is automatically published.

Apply for a new membership today!

Click here for more detailed instructions with images

Instructions for members with existing listings

Login to the our website at tacca.co.uk/login
Click "dashboard" in the top right to go to your dashboard.
Choose "my listings" from the menu, then click the one you want to edit.
Click "Edit listing" to confirm you have provided all the correct details.
Check your insurance document is uploaded and expiry date set.
Click "submit" to send us your updated application.
We will check all applications then email you back if approved.
Once approved, log back in and go to edit your listing as before.
You will see a "Pay now" button, click this to pay.
Once we receive payment, your listing is automatically published.

Existing members renew your application today!

Click here for more detailed instructions with images

"HURRY" First members loyalty OFFER

The first number of members to show their support to TACCA by becoming fully paid up members within the next 14 days, deserve our loyalty back, so we have decided that the first wave of applicants will never have a price increase on their membership ever again, and that includes the initial discount. So when the price for membership goes up every year as we grow and grow, Your loyalty and commitment will be rewarded by keeping your membership fee the same forever as long as you renew every year.

We look forward to welcoming you into the TACCA family, a community of carpet cleaners that stand up for good practice while loving every minute of it. Get in touch today to let us know how you can join us to make TACCA even better.

Finally, all existing listings on our website are set to expire in 14 days to allow us time to process all the renewed applications and get pedal to metal as soon as possible! So, it's time to decide if you'd like to join us through this exciting next phase of growth. If you're still unsure about the benefits, discounts or how to go about joining, please let us know using our enquiry form here.

Can't wait to have you onboard for TACCA v3.0 and hope see you at the next upcoming training day!

Yours sincerely,

Derek & The TACCA support team.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 09:54:05 pm »
Excellent post by Derek.  Spells it all out - even to the simpletons  - as to what the 'alliance' is offering.

Sounds like a very reasonable deal to me - especially if your in your early years and looking for more exposure

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 11:14:18 pm »
5k website?

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 07:50:01 am »

From what info I have seen so far with regard to tacca , it appears £300 per annum seems to be the fee, and possibly higher in the future.
How does this compare with established associations ? ncca and iicrc    Yes I know that tacca is not an association !! to be honest I am not sure what it is , that said I its not for me ,never has been from the very start and Derick I.m sure is doing a great job and has high ambitions for the future .
It is not my intention to knock Derick or tacca  I have spoken to Derick in the past and seems a decent guy, but unfortunately I cant seem to get my head around the workings of tacca!!!

Am I correct in saying  that the group (for want of a better word}  has no board, no elected board members therefore  no clarity or accountability . 
Perhaps its just me ?  and no doubt I will be shot down by members ,  but any way my apologies to   Derick for my thoughts, its not personal.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 12:27:27 pm »
Geoff, i bet he's more enjoyed about you constantly spelling his name wrong :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

gwrightson

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 01:21:55 pm »
Never was one of my strong points Mike
Spelling a nd grammar. But hey ho. I'm  not a proof reader.  Geoff.
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

edward coller

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 03:05:29 pm »
Made me laugh,hoohhoooho.!

jasonl

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 03:13:19 pm »
The newbies,the people wanting to socialize with other carpet cleaners, the sheep, and the gullible will join up, since we are an unregulated industry, and 43rd in the general populations' list of priorities there is no point in the established operator joining,

The above will join and make a decent living for the owners.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

elliott cleaning

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 09:48:47 pm »

..........The above will join and make a decent living for the owners.

The above might join and make a decent living for themselves. Don't underestimate the advice & help such an organisation can give in the early years.

Am I a member - no - but then I've been around to long.

Carpet Master

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 09:07:50 am »
Well, it only took 5 years BUT he has done what I said he was going to do way back then.

Firstly, he branded it as an Association (which it has never been) and more recently changed it to an Alliance lol. Me questioning his intentions from the beginning was often met by a pincer attack, but now you can see his TRUE intent.

Despite all the promises, he never intended to form a proper democratic group or association (to have an elected Committee)  because he knew from day one that if he did so he would loose control over 'TACCA' and its future potential income.

Charging members £300 + per annum + any other 'add ons' throughout the year will now make him PERSONALLY a few extra grand, and what for?? To have your name listed on a website??? I can build a website like his and get it published for £30 per year from Weebly.

Those 'mates' and newbies will fall for it all but from day one all it has ever been is a money making scheme for himself.....

He knew the day would come when he would start charging and making money for his family from this website (and that's all it is, a website).

Nothing against him, but I do not like people who are not sincere enough to have been truthful from the outset.

IMO it should have been set up as a National Association (registered) with a National and Local Committee structure deciding on policy with a central association account enabling National advertising campaigns. But hey ho, some people just want to make a fast buck and get rich off other peoples' hard graft!

SteveAllan

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 09:38:02 am »
^^Great post^^
No doubt there will be a few sheep.

gwrightson

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 10:16:50 am »
Well, it only took 5 years BUT he has done what I said he was going to do way back then.

Firstly, he branded it as an Association (which it has never been) and more recently changed it to an Alliance lol. Me questioning his intentions from the beginning was often met by a pincer attack, but now you can see his TRUE intent.

Despite all the promises, he never intended to form a proper democratic group or association (to have an elected Committee)  because he knew from day one that if he did so he would loose control over 'TACCA' and its future potential income.

Charging members £300 + per annum + any other 'add ons' throughout the year will now make him PERSONALLY a few extra grand, and what for?? To have your name listed on a website??? I can build a website like his and get it published for £30 per year from Weebly.

Those 'mates' and newbies will fall for it all but from day one all it has ever been is a money making scheme for himself.....

He knew the day would come when he would start charging and making money for his family from this website (and that's all it is, a website).

Nothing against him, but I do not like people who are not sincere enough to have been truthful from the outset.

IMO it should have been set up as a National Association (registered) with a National and Local Committee structure deciding on policy with a central association account enabling National advertising campaigns. But hey ho, some people just want to make a fast buck and get rich off other peoples' hard graft!

I recall it well,

Geoff

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 11:53:32 am »
Well, it only took 5 years BUT he has done what I said he was going to do way back then

I wouldn't mind reading what you said way back  then, what name did you post under?

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 12:17:31 pm »
Looks to me like an old fashioned pay per listing directory and nothing more.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 12:38:06 pm »
There is a 100yr old marketing slogan that is very apt for Derek & TACCA

'Everyone laughed when I sat down at the piano.... Until I started to play'

Everyone laughed at Derek, the new starter, he was a jester, and this is why in the beginning people were quite accepting of his big TACCA idea, he was a joke who couldn't organise a p up in a brewery let him have a go at what all the big names in carpet carpet cleaning ( big names in their own minds ::)roll)  thought of doing....... but never did.

Then  there came a problem  :o :o  :o  the joker might make it work!! So the big names tried to be clever and they jumped aboard (like they thought it was a great idea from the beginning) maybe even whispering in his ear about how they could help.

I love Derek & TACCA  just because he did what other talked about, it's a poke in the eye for all the big names

first impressions

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2016, 02:22:02 pm »
i would just like to say i have really liked the day out tacca every year,  and come away  with some new ideas to help my business so thank you Derek, good bye for now girls just going to assassinate some one before all the work as gone ,this is my opinion Albert of firstimpressions.

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 08:54:05 am »
I am not a member but we'll done Derek, you have made it work and if it makes your fortune then good luck to you.
As for the fee etc if it makes people a good Roi then it will grow and be more successful if not it will wither and die. Point is Derek has worked hard for it so I wish him all the best.

derek west

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 06:48:25 pm »
I’ve always liked the phrase, “you can’t argue with stupid” so I never do, (so if I’ve not replied to peoples antagonistic posts you know why   ;D ) So this is not me arguing with the stupid people on here (weebly lol) it’s just me putting my side of the story, in the hope that the few people actually getting sucked in by the few failed and jealous carpet cleaners out there, can see both sides of the story and make their own mind up.
In the early days of TACCA my eyes were soon opened as to why the NCCA struggle to get anything done, and it’s all down to the diverse opinions we all have, even the sensible ones of us still see things differently and so causes debate and more debate, ending in a stale-mate of opinions, things then get shelved and nothing much gets done.
Quite a few people told me to join the NCCA if I wanted to change it, I know 2 guys that did just that and got nowhere, they soon saw the problems could not be solved and I think both moved on, I on the other hand pursued the TACCA angle and am proud of the fact, yes fact, that TACCA and the people who supported TACCA gave the NCCA one almighty kick up the harris. I think most of the board would, in part, agree with that.
So my job was done but TACCA just kept growing and even gaining some respect from peers I had the utmost respect for myself.
TACCA could no longer go down the association route without setting up a committee similar to the NCCA, I had no problems with that, in fact part of me and my wife  actually wanted everyone to vote to keep it, or should I say turn it into a fully fledged association with a full committee, unfortunately I would have no part in this committee, I’d found out through being in the thick of running TACCA that the association route and all the debating was not something I wanted to waste my life on, why would i? I may as well have joined the NCCA and spent my own valuable time trying to persuade people to my ideas, to no avail of course.
So I asked everyone if they wanted me to run TACCA or if they wanted to turn it into an association.
Those who could be bothered to vote, voted unanimously 140 to zero in favour of me running TACCA.
Now just let me point out, if I set TACCA up to make money I would of either asked for membership money a long time ago or I would of quit TACCA a long time ago. There is no money in TACCA, proper websites do cost money, (weebly lol, sorry, still chuckling at that one) will there be any money in the future, no idea, chances are if there is any profit in the future it will be spent on getting even more leads for its members.
I want TACCA to work, with a passion, it’s been mine and my wife’s life for 5 years so of course I want it to work. If I put the hours into running my own business, I would generate far more that any surplus TACCA could generate so say what you like, I do it because I want it to work.
It seems there are a lot of people trying to bring others down to their own level to make themselves seem better, maybe they should spend time trying to better themselves , bringing themselves up to others levels rather than the opposite.
Keep making stuff up about me guys, the clever people see right through it.
Ps… Framing that one Mike
Pps…. I’ll try my best to get members of TACCA work and value for their membership money. Educating the public and helping its members grow their own businesses along the way. That’s what TACCA was built on, Not going to happen overnight but with money and support, some group participation and suggestions I reckon we can do this, TACCA’s done alright with no money for 5 years, so surely TACCA deserves a chance to try with some financial backing.
Ppps, TACCA does generate leads. With funding it will generate a lot more. Its £150 to join, whats that? HSL and a through lounge?.  And with the discount vouchers and money off training  it’s a no brainer. Everyone has had 5 years to use TACCA to its advantage, I know quite a few people who have taken great advantage of this, I know of many more who have benefitted directly and indirectly from TACCA in some way, Support it and watch it support you even more.
Pppps…. weebly lol.

jasonl

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 09:17:48 pm »
Antagonistic posts ?
A question was asked, opinions were given.

Failed carpet cleaners, hmm the tacca operating from a rented house in a crappy Cheshire town.... hmmmm
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jennifer w

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 09:50:31 am »
oh no, I think the photo of the second hand Mercedes may be making a re appearance........

jasonl

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 12:52:26 pm »
no, times are hard, had to get a new audi instead.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Hilton

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 02:02:45 pm »
Why the vitriol, chap starts something people  want to join it and seem to enjoy the process, chap needs to recover costs and time so puts a negligible £5.00 a week value on it , some people don't mind paying some people do. I think its called business something everyone on here conducts in one form or another yet for some odd reason, that makes no sense, some take issue with it.

Then questions are asked as to why CC want to group together and ask each other questions, the very thing everyone does on here,  :-\  .
Very odd.

Carpet Master

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 05:59:58 pm »
Take a look at his latest videos on Youtube and you will clearly see where all the accumulated 'annual day out' money is going.

Ask yourself this, do you really want to  subsidise somebody of this caliber?

He is in it to make money out of you, simples.

Before you part with your hard earned cash , challenge him to see the 'alliances' lol accounts. He won't show them to you for obvious reasons.

It's a pay for listing and it will be interesting to see the numbers after the expiry date lol

The silent majority will speak.

sean oregan

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 08:19:00 pm »
Well said Derek

But unfortunately the circus has allowed their clowns use of the internet.
I would bet some of the comments come indirectly from their master on another forum.

sean oregan

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 09:08:09 pm »
oh no, I think the photo of the second hand Mercedes may be making a re appearance........

lol quality

Jennifer w

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 10:55:14 pm »
Hi,

Personally I can't see the problem with Derek making money out of an organisation that he runs and spends his time on.

I think it leaves a very simple choice, either join or don't..What I don't understand is why you'd have a problem with tacca if you don't want to join anyhow...

We arnt members, mainly because we don't need to be, but I bet it can't possibly be as bad as other organisations we've attended over the years...

Some of the "discovery" type days I attended at one particular supplier(now under new ownership) around 15 years ago were quite simply breathtakingly comical..

I'm still convinced some of it was a Jeremy beadle type set up.

Cheers

Jen

jasonl

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2016, 06:45:45 am »
Hi,

Personally I can't see the problem with Derek making money out of an organisation that he runs and spends his time on.

I think it leaves a very simple choice, either join or don't..What I don't understand is why you'd have a problem with tacca if you don't want to join anyhow...

We arnt members, mainly because we don't need to be, but I bet it can't possibly be as bad as other organisations we've attended over the years...

Some of the "discovery" type days I attended at one particular supplier(now under new ownership) around 15 years ago were quite simply breathtakingly comical..

I'm still convinced some of it was a Jeremy beadle type set up.

Cheers

Jen

'Can't see a problem'

I can and so can everyone else who won't join.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

sean oregan

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2016, 08:26:12 am »
Same people that are slating Derek are the same people who slated me for suggesting their master doesn't now a chemical plant and that was proved right.
Don't like it don't join.........simples

But for some the green eyed monster within them is uncontrollable.

I have joined because I know  (and so should others) that del can't keep putting his own money into it for the benefit of others. Ok some say they have never got a lead out of  tacca (nor have I yet) but why would Derek spend his own money and time providing leads for me.
Derek will get there with tacca I have no doubt and I have more faith in him than I do in small minded jealous trolls.

If this time next year I have still not got anything or seen things improving I will evaluate my membership.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2016, 08:49:37 am »
Sean - i am not disagreeing with you (or agreeing with you!)

Its just your comments seem a little two faced - on the one hand you yourself have been 'Trolling' Nick on here for the last few weeks and yet when someone else shares their opinion on something they are small minded and green eyed!

tim handley

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2016, 08:57:30 am »
i feel a new group coming on, for those who dont want to  pay up to join tacca for whatever reason,  but also dont wish tacca/Derek any ill feeling, and also have no wish to join in with all the slagging off (in both groups), just want to get on with  the job in hand, ie carpet cleaning and a bit of banter at night on the forums/fb groups....... ;D

Carpet Master

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2016, 10:46:37 am »

I have joined because I know  (and so should others) that del can't keep putting his own money into it for the benefit of others. Ok some say they have never got a lead out of  tacca (nor have I yet) but why would Derek spend his own money and time providing leads for me.
Derek will get there with tacca I have no doubt and I have more faith in him than I do in small minded jealous trolls.

If this time next year I have still not got anything or seen things improving I will evaluate my membership.

Hi Sean,

He is not putting his own money into it, clearly, the annual meets are more than covering the costs, he even says there is a "nice pot of money available" on one of his videos (he probably has taken this video down now to save face) . My concern is that the money is not accountable, there are no checks and balances. Ok, it's his website, but it was first branded as an Association which by Law should have been set up properly with a Committee structure and Treasurer etc, he couldn't do that that for obvious reasons so he changed it to an Alliance. If cleaner's want to pay for him for a listing on a website then fair enough, however, when it comes to parting with my £300 (yes, it will be that amount by the time you have paid your annual subscription and attended the yearly day out training - so he will be making twice on you) and because he has set it up as a one man band outfit, I would want to see yearly published accounts, where my money was going and a clear policy & advertising strategy for at least the following 2 years that directly benefits the alliance. I do not want to see my money (surplus or otherwise) and others being ploughed into his business or back pocket as I can see happening right now.

In your own admission and in his own words, a lot of cleaner's have had no work from the website. Why don't you ask him why not? Ask to see his advertising strategy? Ask to see a clear plan to get its name out there to the consumer? By his own admission, again, he hasn't got one, so in my view as it stands now it is only a paid viewing on a website which anyone can set up. The issue is, where is all the money going? Where will all the money he will be getting going? How will your hard cash be invested into this alliance? Where is it heading? What are its aims and goals? None of these questions can be answered. Those cleaner's who have paid him money so far are his mates or guys who just want to follow the flock to stay 'one of the group'. That doesn't 'cut the mustard' with me, I would want a clear and precise business plan laid out with its full intentions known before considering parting with any cash.

When someone disagrees with someone else's opinion they are often branded a troll. It's easy to say. Everyone who writes on these boards are trolls because they too will disagree in some form with another at some time.  The word troll was 'invented' by the leftards which now has no meaning, certainly not in my world. An easy 'get out clause' for I don't know how to win an argument with you so I'll brand you a troll.

Finally, and again, I have nothing against the person, however I have to question whether he has all the qualities and business acumen required to operate such an 'alliance'. Personally, I don't think so.  One only has to take a look at his videos to the way he conducts himself, even on camera, which does not inspire me with confidence one bit, and to think that my money would no doubt be helping to expand his own business in some shape or form would not sit right.

So, for those people who want to subsidies a private business then go right ahead, but for those that can 'see through the trees' you are better keeping right away from it all.

What I have heard, that in February a new organisation will be starting up which will be free (all the time). Watch this space....

Thanks for reading........ 

sean oregan

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2016, 10:57:24 am »
Sean - i am not disagreeing with you (or agreeing with you!)

Its just your comments seem a little two faced - on the one hand you yourself have been 'Trolling' Nick on here for the last few weeks and yet when someone else shares their opinion on something they are small minded and green eyed!

I see where your coming from but I don't feel I have been trolling (and if it comes across that I am I apologise) I just dont like the way nick does things (I won't go into detail) hence why I would never go back onto site or buy from him.

Why I made my comment was because people are assuming he used money from tacca to buy his rug cleaning equipment (so what if he did tacca is his and he should take a wage for his efforts ) and saying things about living in a rented house wtf has that got to do with anything

derek west

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2016, 03:21:40 pm »
I'm just amazed and inspired by how many have gone for the £250 option,

Got loads planned for members.

ps..

Adwords bootcamp is (finally) coming soon with £100 off for members.   

and loads more to be announced including a free rug cleaning day in Feb 2017.

you heard it here last  ;D

Robert Watson

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2016, 05:12:51 pm »
Touché  :)
The Kitchen Door Centre

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 05:14:59 pm »
We're open to debate but scandalous advertising will end up with an invoice being sent, just saying.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2016, 05:39:26 pm »
Adwords bootcamp is (finally) coming soon with £100 off for members.   

Derek you do know that charging non members an extra £100 is not the same as offering  Members a £100 discount don't you ;)

Or to put it another way.... I saw an Adwords boot camp for £80 advertised on Google,  so in you case you are charging £80 for non members.......but members you pay them £20 to attend 8) 8) 8)

Or have you worked out the price to run the course is £120 but you put a price of £250  so you can offer a £100 discount and still make £20 a member and a whopping £120 off non members

Next you will be offering an earlybird discount  of £50 ( but really just stuck £50 on the cost in the beginning ).

............;.;.:...............,,

Ok this is not a dig  at Derek just using this thread to highlight a pet hate of mine which is marketing Gurus who run courses and offer all sorts of phoney discount to get people to book.

a bit of a hijack of this thread but it keeps it interesting :)

derek west

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2016, 05:59:49 pm »
We're open to debate but scandalous advertising will end up with an invoice being sent, just saying.

Thought i'd be positive instead of retalliating.  not sure it was scandalous,  did you mean blatant? maybe hint for a dictionary for xmas shaun,
apologies for not lowering myself to others levels. i shall refrain from commenting and leave you all to make stuff up about me, have fun  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2016, 06:04:20 pm »
Derek wears ladies underwear!!

SteveAllan

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 06:04:28 pm »
Hope the cleaner profits rip off merchant is not involved in the course, maybe it might be worth the price tag :)

neil 47

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2016, 09:47:15 pm »
You can do a 10 hour video Adwords course on udemy at your own pace , it's very Indepth and you can skip the bits that you don't need .

All for the sum of £15
IICRC

Adam P

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2016, 10:17:22 pm »
yikes the hostility on this forum is palpable. i don't get it. why can't derek make money from it? £300 is actually nothing. i'm 100% sure derek wont be just taking that £300, spending £10 on the running costs and then pocketing the other £290.

i'm willing to bet derek will be spending most of that money on expansion, just as amazon did for the first 10 years of it's life to expend, which is only great for other members.

i remember that jason fellow who's posted in this forum many times going on about how great groupon is back 4/5 years ago. groupon was destroying the industry for the short time it was popular. TACCA will do nothing but improve it, even if it's so small it's unnoticable, but none the less the aim of TACCA is to improve the industry, and it gets so much negativity towards it.

this forum most definetly hates a winner.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2016, 08:04:15 am »
Derek advising you to be careful on your posts as not to get charged as an advertiser which is a way of saving you money or I shall I say nothing and the owners will send you an invoice ?

I thought I was doing you a favour.

jasonl

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2016, 10:11:46 am »
It seems tacca has been superseded now by a more vibrant group.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Hilton

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2016, 10:58:44 am »
More vibrant ?

What group is that ?

Carpet Master

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2016, 12:25:34 pm »
Probably referring to the one on facebook.

Scott Holman

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2016, 09:44:06 pm »
Derek where does the TACCA site rank if I use keywords on google, carpet cleaning, carpet cleaners or for my own area Carpet cleaning Morecambe, Lancaster Lancashire?? I've said this before and I'm sure you'll still disagree what is your focus to progress?? Personal gain? Personal gain for your sponsors/distributors? Or gain for all members not just a select few who are worthy? I'm not bitter and I'm certainly not failingmy customers don't know who or what TACCA is and probably don't care! They care about what I provide to them for their hard earned money and I clearly state if need be the cost and the profit I make, it's called honesty!! I also know that for my area I rank 1st organically in 2 main areas without Adwords and I have the highest rated and reviewed online presence advertising your organisation! shouldn't you be paying me a subscription fee?
My quarrel and the reason I left the group is that somebody new had an idea! It seemed to be working! You obviously didn't like it and made some daft status about loyalty etc etc but really having a dig to discredit somebody, is this a familiar feeling? Personally I don't give a crap about Dan or his business I waited 2 weeks for a delivery I paid for and it was put down to FedEx. I don't give a crap about who's to blame I paid for a service and I expect nothing less.
Please convince me why I should continue to advertise TACCA in my area and pay for the privilege ? Better yet give me a call and we can talk man to man you have my number and I'm a reasonable guy but my mother didn't raise a fool.
To clean or not to clean? That is the question??

Jennifer w

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2016, 11:01:19 pm »
Crikey,

Could someone tell me who Dan is please.

I still can't see a problem with being charged a fee, to be advertised via tacca in a given area....., via the web.

Or am I missing something, is each area to saturated, or restricted....., or is there other issues?

Regards

Jen

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2016, 11:05:00 pm »
oh god, please don't tell Hilton the facebook group! He'll be annoying on there too!!  ;D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2016, 11:09:20 pm »
Derek where does the TACCA site rank if I use keywords on google, carpet cleaning, carpet cleaners or for my own area Carpet cleaning Morecambe, Lancaster Lancashire?? I've said this before and I'm sure you'll still disagree what is your focus to progress?? Personal gain? Personal gain for your sponsors/distributors? Or gain for all members not just a select few who are worthy? I'm not bitter and I'm certainly not failingmy customers don't know who or what TACCA is and probably don't care! They care about what I provide to them for their hard earned money and I clearly state if need be the cost and the profit I make, it's called honesty!! I also know that for my area I rank 1st organically in 2 main areas without Adwords and I have the highest rated and reviewed online presence advertising your organisation! shouldn't you be paying me a subscription fee?
My quarrel and the reason I left the group is that somebody new had an idea! It seemed to be working! You obviously didn't like it and made some daft status about loyalty etc etc but really having a dig to discredit somebody, is this a familiar feeling? Personally I don't give a crap about Dan or his business I waited 2 weeks for a delivery I paid for and it was put down to FedEx. I don't give a crap about who's to blame I paid for a service and I expect nothing less.
Please convince me why I should continue to advertise TACCA in my area and pay for the privilege ? Better yet give me a call and we can talk man to man you have my number and I'm a reasonable guy but my mother didn't raise a fool.

Are you a paying member Scott?  (I assume your not from what I read above) why do you mention tacca on your site if your not listed on it?

Hilton

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2016, 11:17:15 pm »
oh god, please don't tell Hilton the facebook group! He'll be annoying on there too!!  ;D
;D
Your safe ,don't do face book but I hear it's pretty vibrant.

Jennifer w

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2016, 11:41:55 pm »
Hi,

Can anyone explain the gripe with tacca,I still can't see one????

Cheers

Jen

Adam P

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2016, 01:14:44 am »
^^^ users on here are hostile. Critique is fair for anyone, but what's on here isn't that.

I imagine scott still has the logo on the site as he was listed but hasn't now become listed due to the fee. not everyone can update their site too quickly

jasonl

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2016, 05:24:48 am »
Hi,

Can anyone explain the gripe with tacca,I still can't see one????

Cheers

Jen

Taking money from the gullible for a listing which is a poor use of a members advertising budget.
The benefits of membership are free elsewhere

An unaccountable entity with little credibility, just look at some of the you tube videos.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

sean oregan

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2016, 07:46:14 am »
Jennifer

Tacca was a free association that was free but it's now gone down a paid route.
Because it is a paid group with no board members it cannot be called an association so now it an alliance.
people jumped onto the bandwagon when it was free but now they have to pay they are critical of it and Derek I think it's because they can't afford membership
Some people just hate to see others doing well.

People claiming he purchased his rug cleaning equipment out of tacca days.
(Have they access to his business/personal accounts)
People claiming he will fail because he lives in a rented house.
(Wtf, is all I can say)
Laughable

I am a member.
What Derek has achieved without funding from us members is in my eye's brilliant.
For that reason i have given it a chance nobody can say for sure how good/bad that decision is.
Will I continue paying membership if I see no return? No but I do feel he is worthy of a chance.

maxcampbell

« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2016, 08:18:08 am »
When TACCA started the point was to promote carpet cleaning to the public - the original idea was to club together to pay for TV advertising.  We joined at the start.

The best thing TACCA  has actually done is to organise networking days for CC'ers to meet up, and we've been to most TACCA days.

I don't know whether the advertising to the public will ever get significant - I have my doubts. The TACCA days are less good than they used to be, because they've morphed from CC'ers meeting to swap tips to a trade show with suppliers renting stands.

I think we'll stick with it for the next year and see how it goes.  I don't criticise Derek or the way he's done things, but I do have my doubts as to whether there's a good reason for an organisation other than the NCCA to exist.

Kev Martin

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2016, 10:06:39 am »
I think Derek has done well to get around 230 businesses together in TACCA . 
It is clear from the posts on here  that some members are not so keen,  because now they are being asked to pay.  However, in my opinion it is a good thing because it means each member of the alliance puts the same money in and has an equal share.   So I am struggling to understand why if someone wanted to be a member when it was free why  people are hesitating now?  Surely now with an equal financial share and an elected project team running it you will get even more out of the Alliance now?

DEFINITION OF A BUSINESS ALLIANCE

A business alliance is an agreement between two or more businesses,  usually motivated by cost reduction and improved service for the customer.   
Alliances are often bounded by a single agreement with equitable risk and opportunity share for all parties involved and are typically managed by an integrated project team.
"Natural Stone Restoration Specialists" Tel: 0121 773 9129
www.tilinglogistics.co.uk | www.marblelife.co.uk  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Tiling-Logistics

Carpet Master

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2016, 10:22:16 am »
Jennifer

people jumped onto the bandwagon when it was free but now they have to pay they are critical of it and Derek I think it's because they can't afford membership

Some people just hate to see others doing well.

People claiming he purchased his rug cleaning equipment out of tacca days.
(Have they access to his business/personal accounts)

Laughable

What Derek has achieved without funding from us members is in my eye's brilliant.

I and so many others have never been members because we are intelligent business people who only invest in stable, sound propositions that will generate our businesses a return over a given period. Personally, my business not only does carpet cleaning but we are carpet retailers and I employ five people.

Some people do hate some people doing well, however, in this case the person doing very well (and will even be doing better because of people like you)  will be taking money from cleaners purely for a listing on a website. The annual meet is charged separately so he can make a nice tidy some on that too for himself.

Have you access to his business accounts either?
Why now can he afford to close his one-man band business for Christmas as early as the first week of December?
How has he now moved into a unit when admittedly he was just "getting by" a couple of years ago?
How did he manage to purchase his rug equipment/plant?

Seems suddenly his business is growing faster than Santa Claus' beard?

What has he achieved? Think about it. A website. An annual day out. A meeting place for the gullible. That is it.

Most supporters have had NO WORK through it.

All along in the back of his head he knew he was going to be charging and making money from the gullible within a period of time.

Ask him to see TACCA's accounts. Surely, if he's keeping everything separate and 'investing' back into the 'alliance' the money it generates then he will have separate accounts. 

There is NO accountability, NO business plan, NO transparency, NO national advertising or marketing plan, NO nothing apart from someone is going to make a very good wedge from YOU!!

£250 for full membership + £180 CC day out = £430 (profit £300?) x 300 cleaners = £90,000 

Carpet Master

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2016, 10:27:13 am »
However, in my opinion it is a good thing because it means each member of the alliance puts the same money in and has an equal share.    Surely now with an equal financial share and an elected project team running it you will get even more out of the Alliance now?

Equal share? Are you for real? He owns TACCA outright, he pockets the money.
There is NO accountability! If he turned it into a proper Association with all the checks and balances which comes with that then I wouldn't be on here warning everyone of the impending online rip off of 2017.

sean oregan

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2016, 11:47:56 am »
Oh dear you are bitter lol

sean oregan

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2016, 11:48:44 am »
I out of this debate
Can't argue with........................
And so many of them

Carpet Master

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2016, 12:32:56 pm »
I out of this debate
Can't argue with........................
And so many of them

Yes, we don't have your point of view so we are all ......................... very intelligent train of thought.

Hilton

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2016, 12:37:36 pm »
There is NO accountability, NO business plan, NO transparency, NO national advertising or marketing plan, NO nothing apart from someone is going to make a very good wedge from YOU!!

£250 for full membership + £180 CC day out = £430 (profit £300?) x 300 cleaners = £90,000

You have put a very simplistic figure above taking no account of costs whatsoever so it can hardly be taken seriously but lets assume that what you have put above is correct, I don't know as I know nothing about the organisation but lets just say it is,so you say it will do £90k in sales from memberships and the day out thingy.

Do you think that this is 'raking it in' ? even if there were no other costs as you seem to think, no hours put in , no admin, no purchases , no phone bills, no fuel costs ,no salaries to pay , no accountancy fees, no postage,no stationary, no equipment costs, no subscriptions, no maintenance costs, you get the the picture.............if there was none of this £90k per annum  seems pretty reasonable to me.

Carpet Master

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2016, 12:57:19 pm »

You have put a very simplistic figure above taking no account of costs whatsoever so it can hardly be taken seriously but lets assume that what you have put above is correct, I don't know as I know nothing about the organisation but lets just say it is,so you say it will do £90k in sales from memberships and the day out thingy.

Do you think that this is 'raking it in' ? even if there were no other costs as you seem to think, no hours put in , no admin, no purchases , no phone bills, no fuel costs ,no salaries to pay , no accountancy fees, no postage,no stationary, no equipment costs, no subscriptions, no maintenance costs, you get the the picture.............if there was none of this £90k per annum  seems pretty reasonable to me.

I was only guessing at a figure as we will never know the true costs (or income) as he is a private individual who will not divulge the alliance's accounts, and nor does he have to.

Surely for £250 per annum you would want more than a listing on a website which does not even target your area/s.

I think I'm going to start a website up. lets say, I'll call it 'UK Contract Carpet Cleaners Lisitng'. Will you pay me £250?
With all the profit I make I can pay off my mortgage, buy a new van, buy some wonderful new machinery and give my wife that diamond ring she always wanted! I wonder if all those cleaner's will know?

Or, should I form an Association, have a National Committee, National advertising & marketing strategy to benefit everyone, an elected Treasurer, open auditored published annual accounts and have a clear business model that will push the association ahead for the next 5 years, oh, and introduce annual elected executive committee positions.

Nah, I'll just pocket all the money and keep telling everyone I'm doing a good job, how good I am, and noone will mind cos they are all my 'mates' really who get together once a year to fight over a hog roast..

Hilton

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2016, 01:10:32 pm »

I was only guessing at a figure as we will never know the true costs (or income) as he is a private individual who will not divulge the alliance's accounts, and nor does he have to.
Thank you, finally we got there!
I did not need to read the rest of your post there is no need.............
Join the bloody organisation if you want to don't if you don't trust it but stopping telling people they are gullible if they do.
They make up their own minds,part with their own money (not yours) and judge for themselves after 12 months if they feel it has been worthwhile.

Some might think the meeting with like minded carpet cleaners worth the membership alone, others will leave as will not see it as good value for money, their choice not yours or any body else's .

Do you know what, if it all crashes and burns, you and the other gripers can come on this dull site you all hate and scream TOLD YOU SO and I will be the first to say, yes you did, well done for not joining.................is that fair enough ?

Going to get my invoice into the chappie at TACCA now for doing his job for him.......ONLY JOKING  ;D

Carpet Master

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2016, 02:05:59 pm »
Well you should have read the rest of my post as it is all relevant. Yes, he doesn't have to, and that is the point here, there are no checks and balances.

jasonl

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2016, 02:12:29 pm »
Just because some of us think tacca is a waste of time and money. This does not mean others will feel it is ok, everything on this thread is opinion.
I and others gave our viewpoint based on 20plus years experience and success repeatedly and over a sustained period. If others know better let them pay up and join.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Hilton

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2016, 03:00:50 pm »
Well you should have read the rest of my post as it is all relevant.
No it really isn't but Merry Christmas anyway ......

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2016, 03:06:45 pm »
I think there's a schizophrenic poster with 2 accounts here.

derek west

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2016, 03:39:10 pm »
Just because some of us think tacca is a waste of time and money. This does not mean others will feel it is ok, everything on this thread is opinion.
I and others gave our viewpoint based on 20plus years experience and success repeatedly and over a sustained period. If others know better let them pay up and join.

Just to clarify, Jason you applied to join TACCA and unfortunately got turned down.

also Just to clarify, I finished on the 21st of this December so not sure why someone is saying i finished in the first week of December. Confusing? or just another exaggeration (check my facebook)

£90,000 profit   ;D ;D ;D  and i'm driving an 06 galaxy with 100k on the clock, and i've not had a holiday this year at all, not even a week in wales.  Oh and as has been already stated, I'm in rented. (check my facebook, )

Thank you CIU for helping me in the early days,  i still think forums are great, but unfortunately, i really need to concentrate on my own business rather than arguing with stupid. Cos thats all thats left on here now for me. i was warned 4 years ago and he was right,  legend.  ;) you know who you are.

this is how stupid goes...

stupid: its 10
Me: okay its 10, there ya go, happy now?
stupid: Actually its 12
Me okay its 12 then, FFS. right now are you happy
Stupid: no its 14 and so on and so on. seriously guys, you cant argue with stupid, you will never satisfy what they want because they want to bring you down, unless of course you let them bring you down, in which case they will just move on to someone else to bring down. Its called, lowering the goal posts so they look good in goal. sad but true.

This is my last post.

Made some amazing friends on here, sadly, lost some amazing friends as well, swings and roundabouts eh!  (i wish it was that easy to take) ;D  :'(

Have a great xmas, and a prosperous new year. see you all on facebook, i'm always knocking about on there with  (and i do agree) rubbish videos. Getting slightly better maybe? go on, say yes Derek, its xmas  ;D

Right, have fun arguing and wasting your lives when you could be writing a blog article, content for your website or learning what neil said and doing an online adwords course, sounds a good course neil. Our adwords bootcamp course  is for a different type of learner mate, thats all.  its all good.
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps... framed it Mike, its on the wall in my office. i will miss our respectful arguments. 

pps Weebly  ;D ;D ;D

ppps... Keep slating TACCA, we seem to do better when the negativity starts  ;D ;D ;D

sean oregan

« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2016, 03:50:49 pm »

Still paying ccn (carpet cleaners network)for pay per click leads?
20 plus years experience should bring a regular repeat business!

Carpet Master

« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2016, 04:17:20 pm »

Just to clarify, Jason you applied to join TACCA and unfortunately got turned down.

also Just to clarify, I finished on the 21st of this December so not sure why someone is saying i finished in the first week of December. Confusing? or just another exaggeration (check my facebook)

£90,000 profit   ;D ;D ;D  and i'm driving an 06 galaxy with 100k on the clock, and i've not had a holiday this year at all, not even a week in wales.  Oh and as has been already stated, I'm in rented. (check my facebook, )

Thank you CIU for helping me in the early days,  i still think forums are great, but unfortunately, i really need to concentrate on my own business rather than arguing with stupid. Cos thats all thats left on here now for me. i was warned 4 years ago and he was right,  legend.  ;) you know who you are.

Stupid: no its 14 and so on and so on. seriously guys, you cant argue with stupid, you will never satisfy what they want because they want to bring you down, unless of course you let them bring you down, in which case they will just move on to someone else to bring down. Its called, lowering the goal posts so they look good in goal. sad but true.

This is my last post.

Made some amazing friends on here, sadly, lost some amazing friends as well, swings and roundabouts eh!  (i wish it was that easy to take) ;D  :'(

Have a great xmas, and a prosperous new year. see you all on facebook, i'm always knocking about on there with  (and i do agree) rubbish videos. Getting slightly better maybe? go on, say yes Derek, its xmas  ;D

Right, have fun arguing and wasting your lives when you could be writing a blog article, content for your website or learning what neil said and doing an online adwords course, sounds a good course neil. Our adwords bootcamp course  is for a different type of learner mate, thats all.  its all good.
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps... framed it Mike, its on the wall in my office. i will miss our respectful arguments. 

pps Weebly  ;D ;D ;D

ppps... Keep slating TACCA, we seem to do better when the negativity starts  ;D ;D ;D

Actually, this post speaks a thousand words on his mentality and stability. He is very childish to say the least with his posts.
He states he's driving an old Galaxy, yes, but what will it be next year my old sausage when you get your hands on that cash, a merc?

This individual reminds me of a lovable rogue, his character and mannerism is like a third grade back street car dealer.

Is he having a break down?

And Shaun I think you are right, 'Hilton' and 'sean oregan' are one in the same lol oh dear.

neil 47

« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2016, 04:23:09 pm »
Derek

Sad to see you go have a great Christmas and New year .
IICRC

Hilton

« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2016, 04:25:12 pm »

This is my last post.

pps Weebly  ;D ;D ;D

Actually, this post speaks a thousand words on his mentality and stability. He is very childish to say the least with his posts.
He states he's driving an old Galaxy, yes, but what will it be next year my old sausage when you get your hands on that cash, a merc?

This individual reminds me of a lovable rogue, his character and mannerism is like a third grade back street car dealer.

Is he having a break down?

And Shaun I think you are right, 'Hilton' and 'sean oregan' are one in the same lol oh dear.
;D
I'm tempted but the poor lad is running on empty, and it Christmas after all  ;D

sean oregan

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2016, 04:25:35 pm »
Shaun
Please advise who has 2 accounts or who has not

JandS

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2016, 04:27:06 pm »
Won't answer the critics then decides he's not coming on here again....so much for accountability.
Says on his FB page not answering phones and that was posted 08/12.
Something not right.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

tim handley

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2016, 04:37:42 pm »
ive got this really dumb idea, why not just do what i did, make a decision, either tacca is for you or it isnt, thats everyones perogative, you may not bother now but join later, you may join this year then drop out, but all this constant commenting and slagging off is getting a bit much. in fact, its getting a bit like  the brexit debate........ and im sick of that as well......   join or dont join,  thats all it distills down to really.....  and on that note,   may i wish everybody a damn good xmas and a prosperous new year........
may february not be quiet, may we be monged out with  work all the way through jan and feb!!!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2016, 04:50:17 pm »
Some of us did but I think it was taken personally obviously there are other circumstances but looking at the stats Derek stopped using this forum for quite a bit of time then came back.

sean oregan

« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2016, 04:54:56 pm »
Who has 2 accounts Shaun?
Can you at least confirm who has not

Scott Holman

« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2016, 05:37:00 pm »
Well i never got a phonecall, not that i'm surprised. Someone asked why i'm still advertising TACCA on my website. I had a listing and was a member as i got sucked in initially (my big failing in life, too trusting! need to be more like Shaun and sit back to watch the fireworks ::)roll not a dig Shaun a compliment you know your stuff! The TACCA stuff will be removed asap. Another failing of mine is i do my best to be nice and stick to my word! I don't BS colleagues and i certainly don't BS customers. Some in this industry don't have this failing and are quite happy to chat poope to get a sale.
Merry Christmas folks 8)
To clean or not to clean? That is the question??

jasonl

« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2016, 05:45:42 pm »

Still paying ccn (carpet cleaners network)for pay per click leads?
20 plus years experience should bring a regular repeat business!

No I am not,  I have started and sold several cc operations,  every start up I have worked on does WHATEVER  it takes to get work in, then after 5 years it's mainly repeat and referral.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Kev Martin

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2016, 06:37:52 pm »
However, in my opinion it is a good thing because it means each member of the alliance puts the same money in and has an equal share.    Surely now with an equal financial share and an elected project team running it you will get even more out of the Alliance now?

Equal share? Are you for real? He owns TACCA outright, he pockets the money.
There is NO accountability! If he turned it into a proper Association with all the checks and balances which comes with that then I wouldn't be on here warning everyone of the impending online rip off of 2017.

I am for real and if he owns TACCA outright then it is not an Alliance is it?  Your thoughts on what you think you are warning people about is just that "Your Thoughts and Your Opinion" Anyone putting their money in to anything is entitled to have a breakdown of what is happening to it or what it is being invested into!  Furthermore if indeed there are 230 members putting money in at the rates being surmised /suggested / Guessed then the fee/membership/ or anything else you want to call it should attract VAT as it puts it over the threshold
www.tilinglogistics.co.uk | www.marblelife.co.uk  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Tiling-Logistics

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2016, 07:44:53 pm »
Scott I don't take offence I've been married far too long. It's dereks alliance he can do what he wants with it, the numbers of who has joined will be on the Tacca  members map in the new year when the free listing expires.

Carpet Master

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2016, 07:48:28 pm »

Anyone putting their money in to anything is entitled to have a breakdown of what is happening to it or what it is being invested into!

Why would you be entitled to have a say in what happens when you don't own it? Your money is a subscription fee, not a share investment?? You are not buying a slice of the cake,  he owns the cake and will get fat off all the sugar.

Kev Martin

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2016, 08:47:59 pm »
Then it's not an Alliance is it?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2016, 09:13:04 pm »
Kev you gave the definition of alliance in an earlier post, but yourCompany is called tiling logistics if I look up the definition of those 2 words would I have an accurate discription of your company? I don't think you can suggest any type of discription Of what TACCA  is by the name it goes under.

I read the TACCA Facebook page and it's got some successful, intelligent contributors, if we believe the old adage that....... you can fool some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time 

.......why has TACCA   Not failed already?  Surely people would have Sussed out if Derek is a thieving conman, but he still has intelligent, loyal supporters........are we saying these people are a bit thick?

Ok now you have to pay, so perhaps we should put on hold any judgment for 6 months  and see what happens,

jasonl

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2016, 10:00:34 pm »
Won't answer the critics then decides he's not coming on here again....so much for accountability.
Says on his FB page not answering phones and that was posted 08/12.
Something not right.

It shows poor leadership and lack of resolve.
A few people raise objections and the leader leaves.

I could easily resolve all of those issues and welcome all to tacca.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jennifer w

« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2016, 11:09:44 pm »
Thanks for the explanation,

I guess it was like an unofficial 5  year free trial then........

I can't say I blame Derek for wanting something out of it........

i can see how it would build a new starters confidence to be involved and hear all the stories on the open days etc.....

Ian Harper

« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2016, 09:02:03 am »
Mike

dont forget that its was woodham that started carpet cleaners day out then jason took that over.  no one has ever started somthing that was outward looking always down to carpet cleaners to surport any group. thats the big one. Compedance in cleaning is one thing.

Look at take aways been around some amount of time but they are a thing, where carpet cleaning is not yet. and now they have "just eat" which is a big move to a brand.

https://www.just-eat.co.uk

this is what we need and will be worth a fee.  would be interesting to find out how it got funded and cost and returns for users. 

With any fee its about return on investment. thats what its always comes down to. how much do i get back.

With regards SEO with these things again its the members linking back to the mother ship that gives that site the juice that it then uses to prmote itself.

Training is always another issue no group provide a national reconised certifaction for prospect to trust. NVQ is the one. its funny how trust a trader allow people to join without a NVQ

Thats my views on these groups. Good luck to them all, just not for me at the moment.

Respects

Ian Harper

Mike Halliday

« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2016, 09:10:33 am »
The First ' carpet cleaners day out ' was done by Glynn at the Pines hotel near Preston (or was that the second) was the  first at the pub down the road?

I remembers the pub,  it was when I first started using a diesel burner to heat my water, so I gave a  demonstration of its power, I created so much steam you couldn't see me :D

jasonl

« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2016, 11:10:46 am »
First gathering from forums was organised by Paul Elliott and Matthew who created Cleantalk. they had a tour of Franklins in Sheffield, Shaun was there.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

will_turton

« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2016, 06:45:01 pm »
Mike Halliday I remember that demo you did, felt sorry for that bane clean of yours😅

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2016, 09:38:45 pm »
First gathering from forums was organised by Paul Elliott and Matthew who created Cleantalk. they had a tour of Franklins in Sheffield, Shaun was there.

I was there on that day. I was into rugs quite a bit then.

I remember them upselling microsplitters, I think it was Onestep. I also remember there was a nice blonde burd there as well  :) Was it 2001?

G.C.

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2016, 10:09:12 pm »
Sounds good  :) to me if you got plenty  ;)

But i can't afford to pay as i am a poor Carpet cleaner  :-\

Any donations i would be grateful  ;)

Don't ask you don't get.... ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2016, 11:30:33 pm »
You've pinched my line

Mike Halliday

« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2016, 07:48:48 am »

I was there on that day. I was into rugs quite a bit then.

I remember them upselling microsplitters, I think it was Onestep. I also remember there was a nice blonde burd there as well  :) Was it 2001?

We must have met then :) I was there as well. It was onestep they were selling.

G.C.

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2016, 09:02:42 am »
You've pinched my line
Sorry Shaun  :-[

tell you what Shaun what donations i receive i will go half with you hows that!!!!  ;D

Might be lucky might get loads of donations  ;)....... ;D ;D ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2016, 12:19:08 pm »
It was their version of one step called Easy Step.

G.C. The donations you'll get on here I'd rather you keep.

G.C.

« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2016, 07:43:11 pm »
OK bud  :)

well if i do get any i will send it all to batter sea dogs home..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

At least its going to a good home..... ;)