James Jacob

Re: New diy booster
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2015, 07:12:13 pm »
Hey John what do you think about rigging a wet vac up to the enforcer? that way it can double the waste water capacity,
simultaneously boosting vac power too surely? :)
Just an example...

john martin

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2015, 11:15:37 pm »
I dont know what thread type u have there ,   thats why i say stick to bsp cause u can easily get compatable bits local .
perhaps bring your tank connector to a goo hydraulic or tool place in your locality and they might ID the thread for u and find u a cap . Otherwise  get the bsp one off amazon .

As for the wet vac ,  connecting it to your side port on enforcer ?  would probably lower overall lift .
and besides ... u have a booster  :D

James Jacob

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2015, 12:33:08 am »
my old wetvac from tech-clean had 3 1500w motors inside & ran off 1 cord... :) strongest suction ive ever used so far..... :)
(when i used to pressure wash)...

Mike Halliday

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2015, 06:20:23 am »
my old wetvac from tech-clean had 3 1500w motors inside & ran off 1 cord... :) strongest suction ive ever used so far..... :)
(when i used to pressure wash)...

When my truckmount was down I used the same machine for carpet cleaning, like you say the 3 vacs did produce a great vacuum. I'm thinking of using it again for when I clean upholstery.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Lewis Newby

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2015, 07:24:26 am »
How can 3 1500w motors running of one cord? 
2 hd electros is too much really, I know people like John and Robin have/are running with no problems, but where do you stand if there is an accident such as a fire caused by your 'modified' equipment?

dan paton

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2015, 07:30:11 am »
I don't quite get that either although I'm no sparky. Three 1500 watt motors would be around 19 amps on one power lead. Could someone please explain?

James Jacob

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2015, 09:20:24 am »
This is my old machine... Many years ago now... Each button is for 1 vac... i always had all 3 going at once.... Insane vac power... no problem clearing large bodies of water with its vac hose "Fully Submerged"... This machine would happily drain a swimming pool if its recovery tank were big enough... all from 1 power cord... never tripped a fusebox... can i explain it? no :)

James Jacob

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2015, 09:55:20 am »
My mistake... it was 3 1200w motors in this thing :)
In my head i was comparing it to my ninja 2 x 1500w  & the enforcer (similar vac power)...
There is No way that i could fully submerge their vac hoses without serious damage to their vacs.
The ninja & enforcer vac power is Pathetic in comparison to this machine... 

Lewis Newby

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2015, 12:58:07 pm »
That's what I was thinking, 3600watts is OK, especially as there is no pump to power.

Similar vac power to an airflex turbo really

James Jacob

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2015, 08:39:53 pm »
Ok So..... I took the Plunge :)

john martin

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2015, 10:57:11 pm »
did u get a cap yet ?   , also i found putting a bit of plumbing tape in the tank connector thread prevents the plastic on plastic getting jammed if its tight .
and the enforcer ... looks like a good rub down with white spirit and linseed oil mixed would refresh it .

James Jacob

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2015, 11:44:06 pm »
Im just going to wedge toilet paper in the new hole for when im on jobs & not using the Boosterbox.......... ;)
Please tell me more about the white spirit & linseed oil treatment... ratios, method etc :)

john martin

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2015, 12:03:01 am »
Right , good luck with the TP  :)
Not much to the spirit / linseed oil  50/50
Just rub on with a cloth  , it kinda soaks in it seems ,  doesn't take long . 

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2015, 12:25:41 am »
Have ye not heard guys, TV bosses are looking to recruit a MacGyver, and a Laurel and Hardy, guaranteed start for the new year i'd say its in the bag for ye both, only joking but just couldn't resist.  ;D

James Jacob

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2015, 10:07:33 am »
It was a second hand machine John... :)
The endcap fits fine now... it was just tight because it was new, its on, in one of the photos.
Whats the best way to tidy up the appearance of any small scratches ?
The flash from the camera makes it look far worse than it really is though... thank god :)

Adrian Walton

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2015, 06:24:43 pm »
use a hot air gun and gently warm the scratches up and they will disappear but don't go to mad, then use a silicone cleaner like what you can clean your bumpers or dashboard with  and it will look like new.

James Jacob

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2015, 09:26:35 pm »
New  Video Incoming.... :)
Can i post videos here? if not ill just post a link.... :)

James Jacob

john martin

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2015, 09:58:31 pm »
Nice job with the video !  :)   
If you pick up up some two inch hose it really sucks your hand ! 
used mine this evening @ 70ft , worked flawless .Inline heater plugged in also.   I did some up stairs bedrooms , didn't even bring the airmovers up , way reduced drying times .

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2015, 10:14:13 pm »
Nice job with the video !  :)   
If you pick up up some two inch hose it really sucks your hand ! 
used mine this evening @ 70ft , worked flawless .Inline heater plugged in also.   I did some up stairs bedrooms , didn't even bring the airmovers up , way reduced drying times .

Nice video James showing the power. great work...More like suck your hand off your arm John.

Are you van mounting the machine James ?

Richard