James Jacob

Re: New diy booster
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 08:48:53 pm »
Hi Richard... no, it was just an electrical smell from everything being new... & somewhere between £250-£300 :)
Shaun i try to always take my enforcer inside the buildings if possible... But yes, that idea im sure is possible too.
It can get manic as i have sooo much kit now... i just bought a Pro 35 too :)

Robin Ray

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2015, 09:42:26 pm »
Hi Richard... no, it was just an electrical smell from everything being new... & somewhere between £250-£300 :)
Shaun i try to always take my enforcer inside the buildings if possible... But yes, that idea im sure is possible too.
It can get manic as i have sooo much kit now... i just bought a Pro 35 too :)

With the extra power whats the point in taking it inside?

mr muzzy

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2015, 09:54:44 pm »
John
Whats the best replacement  vacs for an Exel at the moment ?.
     glynn brian has the vacs at his place in tamfield mate

Glynn

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2015, 10:09:52 pm »
I was thinking of either the 6.6 or 5.7
I remember seeing them with the brackets but cant remember where.
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2015, 10:12:47 pm »
John
Whats the best replacement  vacs for an Exel at the moment ?.
It ran 7.2 ? 
I would def be fitting the 6.6 at 109 from the carpetcleaning store ...  or the HD electro from John kelly or alltec.
Easy to say though ...  i think the extractas attached the hose direct to the motor so u would have to fit a tube of make a manifold . And u would need some spacers to mount them to the 7.2 mounts

James Jacob

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 11:40:19 pm »
Hi John do you think this would be good as a 90 degree angle?
http://www.pchemlabs.com/product.asp?pid=3692
Im having trouble sourcing the parts needed for this whole area atm... :(

Bum... i just seen that its not... :( can you guide me please :)
Cheers Jim

john martin

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 11:51:42 pm »
Hi John do you think this would be good as a 90 degree angle?
http://www.pchemlabs.com/product.asp?pid=3692
Im having trouble sourcing the parts needed for this whole area atm... :(

Bum... i just seen that its not... :( can you guide me please :)
Cheers Jim
Id say you need a BSP thread right ?  il have a look , i think the places i got mine on ebay are gone though .

James Jacob

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 12:35:58 am »
Fook Me! £27 for one 2" plastic angle... :(

Actually.... maybe i could just get a 1 1/2" one... i would just need some attachment to screw into the 1 1/2" female & then the other side to be smooth 1 1/2"... so my 1 1/2" vac hose can slip over it :)

Also... what do you think about this? its a 90 degree with an end cap... i will need an end cap of some sort when im not using the box :)

Simon Gerrard

James Jacob

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 10:56:16 am »
Hi again John... I Just need a few bits more to be able to use this booster box, Instead of it just being an expensive carpet cleaning ornament...
I use 1 12" Vacuum Hose... So i need to know what sizes of things(Tank Connectors) i need & exactly what i need here to link the Vac hose to the enforcer... Thanks for that link by the way, but what size one should i buy?
It really is quite confusing... :(
Here is my dilemma... Obviously i need a 90 degree angle, but im not sure what size one... because i will need some part that will screw into it, that the vacuum hose will then be able to slide either "on" or "in"....
Then i would also need some kind of "End cap" that screws in to that thread when im not using the booster box (or what do you recommend i use for this?)
Then, The "Other side" of this 90 degree angle (where it Joins with the enforcer body) i will also need something threaded to go through the enforcer body & some kind of large plastic nuts to hold it in place? am i right?
This part of the project Sucks tbh... :(
Cheers Jim

john martin

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 11:05:13 am »
Hi again John... I Just need a few bits more to be able to use this booster box, Instead of it just being an expensive carpet cleaning ornament...
I use 1 12" Vacuum Hose... So i need to know what sizes of things(Tank Connectors) i need & exactly what i need here to link the Vac hose to the enforcer... Thanks for that link by the way, but what size one should i buy?
It really is quite confusing... :(
Here is my dilemma... Obviously i need a 90 degree angle, but im not sure what size one... because i will need some part that will screw into it, that the vacuum hose will then be able to slide either "on" or "in"....
Then i would also need some kind of "End cap" that screws in to that thread when im not using the booster box (or what do you recommend i use for this?)
Then, The "Other side" of this 90 degree angle (where it Joins with the enforcer body) i will also need something threaded to go through the enforcer body & some kind of large plastic nuts to hold it in place? am i right?
This part of the project Sucks tbh... :(
Cheers Jim
You only need  four things . A tank connector ...or bulkhead connector  . A 90 bend ....and a male connector going into the 90 bend to attach your hose . I remove the 90 bend when I'm not using it and just screw cap the tank connector on the enforcer .  I stuck with 1.5 . It tends to be a bit larger that the internal of a 1.5 connector on a machine really .
Il have a look later .

James Jacob

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 11:19:27 am »
Yes... cheers... its all coming a little clearer now :)
Just stick to 1.5" bits... its certainly a Lot cheaper than 2" bits & they are more easily obtainable... :)
i think im still struggling to get an end cap though... but i understand it better now... thanks
i think this may be good for joining the vac tube to the angle "&" the angle to the enforcer too? it looks long enough... what do you think? :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Koi-Pond-Tank-Connecter-1-5-Pipe-Fittings-/252166517208?hash=item3ab64bb1d8:g:6sMAAOSwo0JWQ4ul
& this is seemingly the only threaded end cap i can find atm...  whay do you think of this? :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-5-Solvent-Weld-Pipe-Threaded-Screwed-Access-End-Cap-Pond-Waste-Drain-Fitting-/191009200185?hash=item2c79091839:g:oo4AAOxy63FStBXk

Ok ive been shopping today & got these bits now... so im nearly there :)

john martin

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 10:08:10 pm »
tank connector should be ok , does it say if its bsp ? 

end cap here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSP-Female-Cap-Polypropylene-PP-Black-Plastic-Pipe-Fitting-/321741895614?var=&hash=item4ae94fb7be:m:m6gfuecVpTHIuVkoxryrucw

there is some tank connectors on tanks direct also .

john martin

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 10:15:54 pm »
i fitted something that looks like this to the end of my 90 .... so as i could slip a 2" hosecuff over it .
I got it at a local plumbing place though . Thee is probably somewhere in your town with all these fittings

James Jacob

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 10:30:06 pm »
cheers for the end cap :) & ive messaged the seller if the tank connector is bsp or not?...
would it matter if its not? :)

john martin

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2015, 10:31:59 pm »
It matters with anything u attach to it , ie it have to be the same bsp thread , like the endcap

James Jacob

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2015, 09:57:46 am »
Hi John... The seller says its :-
Hi it's imperail PVC from Holland
Regards brian

john martin

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2015, 10:00:04 pm »

James Jacob

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2015, 01:05:12 pm »