Richard Cole

Re: Which machine?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 10:53:27 am »
jjames have you decided on a machine yet?
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 01:51:23 pm »
i think the Airflex Turbo is still a viable option, 3 vacs so you can always run on just 2 if one goes down for the short term and better body set up than the scorpy

stuart_clark

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 04:21:49 pm »
The drawback with the Storm is its weight and the waste tank holds a lot less than the clean tank, but apart from that its a good machine and would be near to the top of my list, the pros are the fact you can axess all the internal parts very quickly and remove motors in a few mins, there aren't many machines around like that

Stuart

Raymondo

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 05:00:15 pm »
In January our van was off the road for nearly 3 weeks after a piston went.

We are going to get a portable ( when the vans of the road) at some point later this year and maybe stick it in a small van.

I would like to see all the 6.6 machine in the same place at the same time to compare them with a testing meter (jag storm evolution enforcer).

All have advantages and disadvantages.

Maybe see if it can be done at the NCCA carnival.

john martin

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 05:03:47 pm »
If I wasn't interested in a Jag , I would opt for the Storm or the evolution ! I spoke to ashbys yesterday and they have told me that the Enforcer is no more powerful than the Ninja , just more modern and better build quality, ive had three Ninjas the last the all singing all dancing with a third booster and it diddnt leave carpets as clean or as dry compared to the Scorpion ! If I bought an Enforcer if would be like going back in time , like ten years!  When I used the Ninjas I always thought they were a good machine, but when I changed to a tripple vac in parallel , the difference was imense
Stuart
Id say what Ashbys told u was the present Ninja is the same as the Enforcer  ...     as in that are fitting it out with the same vacs  , who knows what vacs u has in your old ninja 10 years ago .
Series might not be for you but if u put 100ft of hose on a standard Enforcer there is nothing asthmatic or weak  ... it is still pulling hard .     People like Russ chadd who have owned other setups will tell u similar .That said the Enforcer is better when u replace the 1200w motor with a second 1600w .

I think all machines will have a smaller usable waste tank  ...  with an enforcer its about 5 buckets to fill ...emptying is about three buckets  , i'd say the storm is about the same .
Storm looks like it handles well so weight should be no issue .
Evolution is probably great machine also with its built in heaters

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 05:43:37 pm »
jag or scorpion holds max 20l in waste tank , after that sucks the water and foam
storm takes easy 30l as the pipe is very high. You can not fully empty the scorpions tank while storm empties in full.

SimonW

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 05:45:32 pm »
By the way people please verify this. ..

Is there any difference in Storm manufactured 2 years ago and current ones? Such motors or pumps?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 06:32:27 pm »
dont think so
the only different now is that the faulty 6.6 engines are not being fitted
i have a storm for 2 years now and 1 engines has been changed, pump has been serviced 2nd time yesterday.

Robin Ray

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 08:43:09 pm »
If I wasn't interested in a Jag , I would opt for the Storm or the evolution ! I spoke to ashbys yesterday and they have told me that the Enforcer is no more powerful than the Ninja , just more modern and better build quality, ive had three Ninjas the last the all singing all dancing with a third booster and it diddnt leave carpets as clean or as dry compared to the Scorpion ! If I bought an Enforcer if would be like going back in time , like ten years!  When I used the Ninjas I always thought they were a good machine, but when I changed to a tripple vac in parallel , the difference was imense
Stuart
Id say what Ashbys told u was the present Ninja is the same as the Enforcer  ...     as in that are fitting it out with the same vacs  , who knows what vacs u has in your old ninja 10 years ago .
Series might not be for you but if u put 100ft of hose on a standard Enforcer there is nothing asthmatic or weak  ... it is still pulling hard .     People like Russ chadd who have owned other setups will tell u similar .That said the Enforcer is better when u replace the 1200w motor with a second 1600w .

I think all machines will have a smaller usable waste tank  ...  with an enforcer its about 5 buckets to fill ...emptying is about three buckets  , i'd say the storm is about the same .
Storm looks like it handles well so weight should be no issue .
Evolution is probably great machine also with its built in heaters

I have a Airflex Pro custom which originally had the motors set up in series. I recently changed them to parallel and the difference in performance is very noticeable for the better. I was always an advocate of a series set up but now I would never change back to a series set up. For that reason if I was looking for a new machine I would have either a Storm, Evolution, or Jag. I personally really like the look of the quality of the Evolution however it looks a little heavy to use as a portable. I don't like the look of the Jag but the 8.4 motors are tempting, and as i have the the Pro I can vouch for the fact that it maneuvers well as a portable especially on stairs if it is needed, the only down point IMO is the lid is weak.

Rob

SimonW

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 10:30:53 pm »
dont think so
the only different now is that the faulty 6.6 engines are not being fitted
i have a storm for 2 years now and 1 engines has been changed, pump has been serviced 2nd time yesterday.

thanks Radek.

stuart_clark

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 11:29:14 pm »
Radek

where do you get your information from ? you are talking a load of sh##te !
The Scorpion and the Jags waste tanks hold 56 litres
and John martin I spoke to cath at ashby who knows me well, told me that the new enforcer was no more powerful than my original ninjas, and I couldnt care less what anyone has said about the enforcer,  they are not as powerful as a machine that has its motors set in paralel, and if the enforcer is so great ? Why do you feel the need to make acbooster box with twin motors in it ?

Stuart

john martin

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 11:32:53 pm »

I have a Airflex Pro custom which originally had the motors set up in series. I recently changed them to parallel and the difference in performance is very noticeable for the better. I was always an advocate of a series set up but now I would never change back to a series set up. For that reason if I was looking for a new machine I would have either a Storm, Evolution, or Jag. I personally really like the look of the quality of the Evolution however it looks a little heavy to use as a portable. I don't like the look of the Jag but the 8.4 motors are tempting, and as i have the the Pro I can vouch for the fact that it maneuvers well as a portable especially on stairs if it is needed, the only down point IMO is the lid is weak.

Rob

Dunno , i used parallel for a long time and it would seem weak to me now without the strong series  suction  ,
some of it might come down to wand technique  , i tend to be a bit of a wand leaner and i dont get on with S bends . 
Looks like Ashbys could sell more machines if they made a parallel version for some of you guys .

For me the Enforcer is the best design out there  .... the level of thought that went into it stands out , things like shower proof  ,  waste tank design , ease of access , general quality of fittings and finish and ergonomics . And every part of it has design thought , even the base has a door ledge runner so as not to snag ,  who would have thought of a detail like that , not sure if i would .

The Evolution looks like quality through out , i know i would be very happy to use one .   Again little things like exposed switch panel , lack of a loading system would be a slight negative being critical .

The Jag  ..  im sure it looks like i bash it for the hell of it but not really , i am just extremely critical  , i dont care about the looks , its how the design affects function and Radek mentions one of the flaws above . Also i need to be getting something for my money , there is nothing quality ,  for example the main side fan on the Enforcer (priced in maplin ) costs more than the Jags two back wheels ... and anything else on it apart from the ametek/pumptec bits .

The Storm ,  its not bad , i saw one with cracked lid so i have to question how is that so easy to break , also its not as neat or well thought out as the Enforcer , eg the cables dont have dedicated wrap for loading , the switch panel is exposed .  But over all its not bad , good to maneuver etc

john martin

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 11:40:25 pm »
Radek

where do you get your information from ? you are talking a load of sh##te !
The Scorpion and the Jags waste tanks hold 56 litres
and John martin I spoke to cath at ashby who knows me well, told me that the new enforcer was no more powerful than my original ninjas, and I couldnt care less what anyone has said about the enforcer,  they are not as powerful as a machine that has its motors set in paralel, and if the enforcer is so great ? Why do you feel the need to make acbooster box with twin motors in it ?

Stuart
Is Cath in the technical department  ... or answering the phone  :D

You got to remember stuart i have run a triple vac parallel .  I am not really knocking it . 
You should really try a few machines first hand and compare for yourself .

First thing i did with the Enforcer is ripped out the 1200w motor ... after replacing it with another high power unit i did not really need a booster .
The Booster takes thinks to another level though  ...  it  makes my lift rise instantaneous ,  and very longs runs have no power drop  but retain the high suction and flow . 
Its gives me super fast cleaning rates and drying times whan thats desirable .

stuart_clark

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2015, 12:31:05 am »
John

cath ashby is the co owner of adhbys and I thi k she knows whats she talking about although you may know better !
I dont use hose lengths longer than 50ft , I can count on one hand how many times in eight years I've used more than 50ft , so in most cases 50ft more than suffices, maybe you work in a lot of mansions? I dont
its a pity that Ashbys have said yhe enforcer was only on par with a ninja as I would of bought one otherwise ! I have bought three machines from Ashbys in the past and have always had good service from them and I know derek very well
I liked the fact the Enforcer was altogether ie heater and heat e changer and exellent build quality, but if its less powerfull than I amcurrently using, I aint interested

Stuart

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2015, 08:32:36 am »
stuart take a measure tape, i just did, when you measure full capacity it is 46L around.
Now measure the useble space, it shows me 28L. You need to measure from the level of valve to the level under ender the elbow pipes. And the 28l are only from calculations, in real you will empty around no more then 2 ×12l buckets. After this level suction starts pulling water to the engines.
and you need another extractor to suck up all the dirt from the waste tank every few jobs :) not nice.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2015, 09:08:50 am »
update :)

just did a little experiment
filled the waste water tank on my storm to the level when the float switch of the engines. Then emptied using bucket, got exactly 38 litres.
the difference in level between  the float switch and sucking pipie inlet is quite big, if theres no huge amount of foam no way to suck it up, preaty safe.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2015, 09:12:09 am »
Would the enforcer take 2 x  6.6  or 3 x 5.7 in parralell John?

If so im not sure why they havent offered it?

Stuart- the volume of the jag waste is 56l and solution is 60l. I have to empty just over twice before i even look at filling. I have had this on other machines also usually 50-60% before they cut off, but its safer for them to work this way imo

Lew

SimonW

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2015, 09:12:57 am »
update :)

just did a little experiment
filled the waste water tank on my storm to the level when the float switch of the engines. Then emptied using bucket, got exactly 38 litres.
the difference in level between  the float switch and sucking pipie inlet is quite big, if theres no huge amount of foam no way to suck it up, preaty safe.

Radek could you please drop me your email as Id like to ask you smth regarding machine please.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2015, 09:30:26 am »

Stuart- the volume of the jag waste is 56l and solution is 60l.

measure the tank inside, take off what takes the space inside and you go down by 10L,  and it is not an useable space.

Simon,
info@rjservices.ie

Lewis Newby

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2015, 09:45:37 am »
Yes Radek, perhaps i was unclear but i was agreeing with you, the auto cut off is around half way up on the inside. The stack pipes, cut off pip and apo/filter intrude on this volume also. Then you have 2-3 litres in the bottom each time you empty via the waste gate and not the side bung.

My point is dont read too much into the figures. Some manufactures quote a usable capacity and others the volumetric capacity.

Not knocking the jag btw, now its on decent motors its running well, i have also been using van mounted for a few weeks now quite haplily

Lew