jjames

Which machine?
« on: May 05, 2015, 11:33:03 am »
Ok i am looking for a new machine and don't know where to start, there are so many out there. I want something mid range for domestic properties, i am currently using a Prochem Galaxy and although it does a great job I would like something that gets the job done quicker. What do you recommend? Thank You

sean oregan

Re: Which machine?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 12:28:33 pm »
Clean smart Airflex all the way.
Great machine's and very good service.

tim handley

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 05:11:23 pm »
airflex always look after me, the pro or the storm are both good........  youll get a different opinion from everybody you ask, you just need to spend hours reading folks comments about machines/suppliers and go with your gut feeling, you can read up about virtually every machine on here with the search facility.............. go on solutions forum and read about the jag, ask plenty of operators for their opinions, and dont rush into owt....... by the way, may be worth you ringing me for a quick chat  ;D
i may be able to help you....... 07921121828

evan williams

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 08:56:35 pm »
I have a Prochem Galaxy and I know some knock it but its not too big to lug up stairs into back of van etc, very happy , Evan

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 11:30:15 am »
Another option halfway between your Galaxy and the Airflex mentioned is the Alltec Elite machine.

More vac than your Galaxy so can run extra hose length if needed and built in heat which makes a huge difference.

Its smaller than the Airflex but more capable than the Galaxy at 25litre capacity.

Richard Cole

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 06:06:09 pm »
I have a nearly new Altec Express 135psi twin vac with in-tank heater for sale, see used equipment for details and pictures.  Same  as Airflex Mini. I purchased new last September for some regular work in a hotel where my main machine was too big and heavy but now no longer need it.  Its been used for around 25 hours since new.  Better than Galaxy and can still fit in back of car if need be.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

scott johns

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 09:48:41 pm »
alltec all the way any off there machines are good especially the 600psi triple vac
its an awesome machine cut cleaning times and drying times in half good luck

C o z y

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 11:51:21 pm »
Steempro 2000. Muts nuts for portables. 50ft hose
No still don't understand, I must be thick

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 08:39:32 am »
Hold on!!! Don't think anyone has mentioned the Ashbys Enforcer yet! How could you! Very well engineered machine

IpswichJon

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 09:18:42 pm »
MMM my first post on CIU
I've been happy with a number of machines over the years, Ninga, Tornado, CFR , Sensei but just taken delivery of Jag 8.4 and been putting it through its paces on all sorts of jobs in the past couple of weeks.
Its a seriously great machine, not the best looking granted but nothing would would get me to hand it back!
Would have gone Alltech  ( put of by weight)
Could have had Enforcer but pricey with top spec.
Also been using with SPM,Soluboost and Shockwave ( with Final Phase) Spotter use WAY DOWN  ;D

john martin

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 09:48:32 pm »
MMM my first post on CIU
I've been happy with a number of machines over the years, Ninga, Tornado, CFR , Sensei but just taken delivery of Jag 8.4 and been putting it through its paces on all sorts of jobs in the past couple of weeks.
Its a seriously great machine, not the best looking granted but nothing would would get me to hand it back!
Would have gone Alltech  ( put of by weight)
Could have had Enforcer but pricey with top spec.
Also been using with SPM,Soluboost and Shockwave ( with Final Phase) Spotter use WAY DOWN  ;D
How much are they charging for replacement 8.4s  IpswichJon  if u know . Thanks.

IpswichJon

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 06:34:36 pm »
To be honest not a clue, however over the years I've been lucky ( or looked after the vacs)
My CFR 500 aw has over 900 hours, vac trouble free and I can only ever remember getting  two replaced previously.
If  one goes in the near future, warranty, after that who knows, the guys that have been real life testing in the states have hundreds of hours on them!

Robin Ray

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 06:40:59 pm »
I asked Nick a while ago and......

To non Jag owners £490 + vat each  :o :o :o

john martin

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 08:23:05 pm »
I asked Nick a while ago and......

To non Jag owners £490 + vat each  :o :o :o
daftness !  Its a real step backwards if carpet cleaners start paying high prices for motors like they used to with some7.2s .
I am happy to pay this ...   and let them blow when ever they do 

http://www.carpetcleanersstore.co.uk/product/vacmotor3

stuart_clark

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »
I will soon be looking for a new machine, likely contenders are the Jag the Storm or the Enforcer,
if the enforcer had its vacs set in parallel I wouldn't have any hesitation, but having used a tripple now or two for the last eight years that are parallel,  that is my prefered choice, I had three ninjas, the last with a booster adaption fitted but it diddnt clean nor leave carpets as dry as three motors in parallel as per my Scorpys

Stuart

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 04:41:12 pm »
Stuart - have i just read that right? ???

You are considering a Jag again!! After all you have said? Is it the 8.4's that are tempting you? Will you be allowed to buy one!? ;D

stuart_clark

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 06:37:44 pm »
Cleaner carpets

Letsjust say Nick and I have kissed and made up,
to be fair on Solutions I thought the Jag was a great machine and I would of still owned one had it been more reliable, but that was an issuse with the motors rather than the machine itself,
lets just see how reliable the 8.4s actually are , and if they are I will purchase one

stuart

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 11:31:43 pm »
good to hear it mate - and the 8.4 Jag sounds like it can pull some sh#t!

john martin

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 08:39:16 am »

I measured the 6.6 at 10hg  , all you would be gaining in parallel with the 8.4 is about half to one Hg . Most would probably gain that by tightening their hose cuffs and still not notice .
 You would still be stuck with that third world body and you would be a slave to high price motor replacements where as u can buy a 6.6 for a mere £135 .
Get yourself a proper UK engineered machine that doesn't need to call itself a 'rolls Royce '    ::)roll on its website ...  because it has integrity in its own right .
Go Storm , Evolution , Enforcer ...   and don't look back .

stuart_clark

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 10:51:00 am »
If I wasn't interested in a Jag , I would opt for the Storm or the evolution ! I spoke to ashbys yesterday and they have told me that the Enforcer is no more powerful than the Ninja , just more modern and better build quality, ive had three Ninjas the last the all singing all dancing with a third booster and it diddnt leave carpets as clean or as dry compared to the Scorpion ! If I bought an Enforcer if would be like going back in time , like ten years!  When I used the Ninjas I always thought they were a good machine, but when I changed to a tripple vac in parallel , the difference was imense
Stuart