md_cleaning

what do you use in your tank?
« on: February 14, 2015, 05:12:41 pm »
For average jobs I just use warm water but anything worse than average I use Formula 90 powder and think its really good, is anything better? I used to use the Alltec powder and liked it but went through lots of pumps so changed to formula 90.
Dave

Lewis Newby

Re: what do you use in your tank?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 05:15:47 pm »
Plain water or acid rinse if needed, currently running out my supply of PC f&f rinse, use mostly solutions products at the moment.

What pre sprays are you using? I use SPM probably 75% of the time

md_cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 05:21:14 pm »
Yes I use Spm most of the time and Enzal on most of the others, but Spm is very good

des

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 06:17:55 pm »
I take it you mean you use SPM or Formula 90  by spraying it down on the carpet and agitating it .Not in the tank
des at mister clean

Richard Cole

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 06:24:08 pm »
Put SPM in your tank and your pump will be knackered very quickly, pre-spray only.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

md_cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 06:29:47 pm »
Lewis asked what I use as a pre spray and I said Spm or enzall, I was answering a question, I use formula 90 in the tank for bad jobs and just water for the rest, I'm just asking if anyone thinks anything is berter, sorry for the confusion

JandS

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 06:58:10 pm »
Why put anything other than water in the tank.....it barely touches the carpet before it's sucked up again.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

md_cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 07:23:36 pm »
I beg to differ, it makes a difference for something so pointless, and pleny of in tank things being sold, I think it gives a boost and smells good

Lewis Newby

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 08:23:37 pm »
I use acid rinse on natural fibres with spm to neautralise ph. quite like the smell

jim mca

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 09:49:32 pm »
pre sprays spitfire on wool anything I am using up on polyprop formula 90 powder in tank for mingers DFC 105 or final phase until it runs out on wool

benny d

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 09:00:36 am »
I always thought that you had to use a solution in the tank to bring it to ph neutral. I either use SPM or Pre Spray Gold as a prespray, and Alltec Ultimate Master in the tank.
Im going to be using a TM in a couple of weeks, so wondering whats best to put in the bigger water tank.
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Lewis Newby

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 09:09:14 am »
spm - as an example is ok to rinse with plain water on PP but for wool needs an acid rince.

Theres an increasing amount of pre sprays in the ph neautral zone which are free rinsing. So it really depends what your chosen pre spray and face pile are.

Lewis

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 09:11:09 am »
I think F90 is the best detergent going. Although I clean with RO pure water

JandS do you completely clean every carpet with just a single pass of your wand? To say using a detergent is pointless as the solution is vacuumed up straight away is not quite correct, often a traffic area will need multiple passes to come clean, in these cases the detergent Is working on the dirt for quite some time.

Also how you clean a room comes into play, I have often cleaned a room but ignored the areas that are don't come completely clean until I've finished..... then go back and reclean those areas again. in these cases the detergent might have been dwelling on the dirt for a good 20 mins.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Campbell

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 10:35:04 am »
Of all the courses I've been on its always been recommended that you use an acid rinse in the tank to neutralise, it's also good for the softness and the colour of the coarpet. I'm always willing to be told otherwise and be proven wrong but I always acid rinse to stay on the safe side.

Thanks

Simon

wayne zabel

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 10:51:24 am »
Mike can you just clarify,when using F90 you don't prespray its just used in the rinse tank?

Ive never used this stuff before.

I always use a dedicated prespray.

JandS

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 10:52:01 am »
Point taken Mike but then what's the point of the pre spray, surely that's the cleaning solution.
Which is then flushed out along with the released soiling.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 09:16:44 pm »
Of all the courses I've been on its always been recommended that you use an acid rinse in the tank to neutralise, it's also good for the softness and the colour of the coarpet. I'm always willing to be told otherwise and be proven wrong but I always acid rinse to stay on the safe side.

Thanks

Simon
Hi Simon, acid rinse is used to neutralize the alkaline characteristics of most carpet cleaning chemicals and also helps to prevent browning, remember many alkaline based powders or liquids tend to leave carpet and upholstery "crusty" to the touch and will aid in much quicker resoiling as alkaline residues attract soils to the fibers, why not try some greener technologies as many others have suggested, these safer alternatives lead to less resoiling than using harsh high alkaline based chemicals, and you also won't have to worry about using an acid rinse.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 09:34:18 pm »

Thanks

Simon
  many alkaline based powders or liquids tend to leave carpet and upholstery "crusty" to the touch and will aid in much quicker resoiling as alkaline residues attract soils to the fibers,

do you have any proof of this? I've heard this so often but when its challenged no one can ever provide any proof
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 09:50:52 pm »
Mike, thats because there isnt any.

SimonW

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 09:55:48 pm »
Rinsing machine is to extract solution applied "pre spray" as well as all dirt and or muck.
Purpose of such rinsing machine is to balance acidity and alkalinity.