Radek Jablonski

Re: Solutions New Machine
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 08:14:21 am »
very very odddddd
why would you follow the same stupid ideas
outside piping, buttons on the bottom, also cabels to be hanging on the side of the machine what will not help with transport in the van.
Some people never learn. Spend 3 years designing? No way unless you are f... moron. 3 years collecting budget for it I say.

stuart_clark

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2014, 08:42:05 am »
Ed V starting manufacturing the recoil and then the Scorpion primarily for the  US market and most business owners had them truck mounted, hence the way the buttons are at the bottom of the machine
John Martin
I am not blinkered by Eds charm nore Iam easily ledI've been in this business twenty five years in two weeks time and Ive gone through a few machines to say the least, I cant think of one uk machine that was fitted with 6.6 motors that hasn't had issues certainly to start with ! I loved my jag, it to me was an up graded scorpy that I love, To be honest if somone else was selling the jag other than Mr W
I would buy another one tomorow! To me its still the best , most powerful , lightest and useable machine, yes it doesn't have the best vacume shut off in the world, but the recovery tank is translucent and you can clearly see the dirty water rising in the tank, I couldnt care less if I have to tip the last remainder recovery water from the side of the machine , its hardly a chore is it ?
The Storm looks like a good machine , but does nothing my scorpion already does apart from being a good bit heavier, The Altec is equally as good but much heavier , but the new Solutions machine dosent compare to any of the above! Imo it looks cheap and throughn together and even if it was being sold by another supplier I wouldnt consider it to be an upgrade option

Stuart

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2014, 08:58:02 am »
Buttons on the bottom are not better then on the top unless you are 100cm tall :) most guys using it in premises, not on the van, what happening in USA is happening in USA not in UK or EU. I have my airflex mounted on the van (even with the back side torned to me) and have no problem to reach the buttons at all (most of the time do not even need as it has remote).

This time buttons are on the bottom on the back of the machine, and be smart now keeping it mounted on the van. :)

stuart_clark

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2014, 09:18:56 am »
Radek

I diddnt say they were better, my first scorpy has the buttons changed to the top between the handle, I was merely saying that in the US most guys use them on there van and  then they are waist level

stuart

*Hector*

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2014, 09:25:07 am »
you will have to excuse Radek, Stuart... when anyone has a go at Solutions, he is always in such a hurry to jump on the bandwagon that his big toes move faster than his brain, and hence the words he types are all a jumble. He also doesn't read what other people put.... One day he will learn deductive reasoning..... but then again?

;)
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2014, 11:19:27 am »
Radek

I diddnt say they were better, my first scorpy has the buttons changed to the top between the handle, I was merely saying that in the US most guys use them on there van and  then they are waist level

stuart

Sure.... but you said "hence the way....." so, we are uk market and when nick come with usa ideas then is nothing good about it. So i said a bit more thats all.

Hector and no worries, will not dissappoint you in futher also :)

stuart_clark

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2014, 11:58:03 am »
Come on then Radek how about Polish ideas are they any bettrr ? Lol

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2014, 12:21:42 pm »
Come on then Radek how about Polish ideas are they any bettrr ? Lol

Seriously?!
90% of cc in poland use karchers :) for real.
It is due economics, 90% of appartment job etc.
Who cares whats in other countries.

Neil Worsnop

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 08:25:05 pm »
Switches on the top or the bottom.

Perhaps the answer is to have two sets of switches wired in parallel so you get the best of both worlds.  You could then use either, depending on van mounting or being a munchkin. A small extra cost against the cost of a whole machine probably.

stuart_clark

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2014, 09:09:50 pm »
I've never used either of my too truck mounted but if I did, mounting the switches at the bottom ie waist hight wkuld of been a good idea ! My first Scorp was converted and had the switches but in a box between the handle, I've left the second scorp as it is, its hardky a problem though is it ?

john martin

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2014, 09:36:18 pm »

I would say mounting switches down the bottom is nothing to do with convenience or ergonomics ... its all to with manufacturing cost .   
Look at a machine like the Enforcer ... it has to have a chamber designed into the water tank to hold the switch panel and an internal  conduit route from that to the bottom ... there is the expense of extra wire and a panel for the switches .

On the other hand mounting the switches at the bottom on the motor section requires just drilling a couple of holes or mounting a plate and the water tank can be a cheaper design .

Ed Valentine

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2014, 10:07:16 pm »
Thanks go to John Martin for explaining the real reasons. Please disregard what the honorable Stuart Clarke mentioned as a user of the equipment.

John, you're the best..............let's leave it at that.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2014, 10:22:35 pm »
hang on here have I missed something ????

is this the same guy (nick) that banned people off he fourm and give it large about how cold water was the best , until he went skint and got bailed out by john gotts who made his money out of hwe !!!

so not only as he made a right fool out of himself and what he preached , once bailed out and saved from the dole que via us truckmounters hes now largeing it up about hwe ????

for that reason I am out

Neil Worsnop

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2014, 10:30:32 pm »
Thanks for explaining John.

It makes sense that mounting them at the top would be more expensive than at the bottom.  Obviously the cost saving is bigger than I thought. 

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2014, 11:30:04 pm »
and the saving isn't exactly passed on to the customer  :D

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2014, 11:39:08 pm »
Nick supplied the Scorpion from the US manufacturer. The Scorpion was and is a good machine, i believe an industry leader in its day and although not perfect, no machine ever is.

Now with all things considered including budgets, instead of being able to launch his own machine to move forward, Nick decided to supply the US made machine which updated the Scorpion. As a business decision, that was sound and was with all intents and purpose the right move. It had all the things needed - brand new motors, pressure gauge, lightweight, pump in/out and a good price - all specs good and us being in his shoes i think we would of made the same decision. The Scorpion was reliable and there was nothing other than the motors which were a little untried that would suggest the Jag would be anything but reliable again.

Then the Jag came out and had problems which IMO should have never been there before releasing it to suppliers like Nick. This opened up a whole nightmare of reliability issues which Nick had to put right to manage damage limitation and help his customers. Yes there was some spin involved with marketing these as upgrades but put in the same position fighting to hold onto reputation and customer retention, we would all of had to do the same.

My point was always that even though Nick took the brunt of flack for it as he would as the supplier, it was in fact him being let down by the initial manufacture and fighting his way out of it and for all my differences with Nick (which i have spoken to him directly about!) i applaud him for having the balls to put up the cash and launch his own machine. It is the positive way forward for Solutions and having the maintenance program with it will mean peace of mind for any one wanting to pay the monthly amount for the offset of not worrying about maintaining the machine themselves to some extent.

One post compared it to cars, if you buy a Japanese car that has inherent faults, the garage cops the flack when its been let down by manufacture and this is the same.

By producing his own machine, atleast Nick can manage any flack safe in the knowledge it does genuinely belong at his doorstep or indeed sit back and reap the endorsements if that turns out to be the case.

If Nick does one thing well it is to scrutinize products and reproduce them in a better format, so it wouldnt surprise me if thats whats happened here and the new machines turn out to be excellent little suckers.

Obviously this is all simply my opnion  ;D, and i think the positive upshot from it all is in our industry we now have all the major players in the UK making their own UK made machines and in this day and age, its great to be in a position where we can genuinely use our own countries tackle and start to lead the way hopefully (even though i know the guts will all be foreign made  >:()

I hope none of that is seen as abuse and clarifies what i was trying to say.

Now we just need a decent International football team   ;D

adrian marsh

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2014, 06:47:26 am »
That, CleanerCarpets, is an excellent post.

David Ware

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2014, 10:09:35 am »
That, CleanerCarpets, is an excellent post.

+1 sensible post
David

Darren O

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2014, 11:43:18 am »
Build and quality wise it looks realy poor compared to the airflex and enforcer but he will probably sell a few on cleantalk.

jim mca

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2014, 05:20:08 pm »
I think you have a great football team