CleanerCarpets

Re: Solutions New Machine
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »
and just to add - i dont put the Airflex on its back, i get the front wheels on and just lever it in - simples!!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 09:22:11 pm »
In the end the story will always change to suit what ever a company has to sell.

For years chemdry slagged of HWE, that was until they chucked the bonnets and started using it, then their story changed and it wasn't the devil they made out it to be.

The jaguar was the ultimate extractor, looks didn't matter,  everything else was too heavy or not as powerful, but now they have a look-a-like of a machine that they said was not as good ::)roll

But let's thank them!!  we needed a good topic to fire us all up :D :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 09:38:23 pm »
to be fair, i am glad Nick has gone the way he has and developed a machine that is hopefully what the Jag should of been, through all the negatives of the Jag it must of been a nightmare to supply what should of been a really good machine and ultimately have been let down by the US supplier. Having the problems with it would have been hard to cope with especially when you are sort of a middle man in the chain as even so, the buck will stop with you. I wish him luck and hope the new machine proves he is the innovation leader always proclaimed to be.

taking the supply over yourself is a better option and maybe the new machine will have some developments that others will be able to implement - or maybe not, but atleast Nick will be in control of the machine.

would be nice to see Ed come on and comment on the fact his UK distributor has turned direction to what must eventually lead to the line dropped by Solutions to just a parts supply - who will be buying a Jag from Nick now?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 10:14:54 pm »
I wonder if they'll bring out a booster vac they seem to be en vogue I think for the money I'd buy a booster if I went back to a potable.

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 01:25:35 am »
to be fair, i am glad Nick has gone the way he has and developed a machine that is hopefully what the Jag should of been, through all the negatives of the Jag it must of been a nightmare to supply what should of been a really good machine and ultimately have been let down by the US supplier. Having the problems with it would have been hard to cope with especially when you are sort of a middle man in the chain as even so, the buck will stop with you. I wish him luck and hope the new machine proves he is the innovation leader always proclaimed to be.

taking the supply over yourself is a better option and maybe the new machine will have some developments that others will be able to implement - or maybe not, but atleast Nick will be in control of the machine.
I truly believe this machine is a hunk of junk! Three years in the making ? Looks like its been through in half an hour! Look at the dump valve? Looks like it could snap off quite easily if k ocked into somthing!  The cheap plastic vacume recovery barb!cant see that lasting long!
would be nice to see Ed come on and comment on the fact his UK distributor has turned direction to what must eventually lead to the line dropped by Solutions to just a parts supply - who will be buying a Jag from Nick now?

stuart_clark

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 01:35:21 am »
Looks like a hunk of junk to me, cheap plastic vacume intake, cant see that lasting long ! The way the dump valve petrudes from the front of the machine, can see that snapping off when knocked and why is the solution pump out at the back of the machine ?
Nick wasn't let down by a US supplier I think its the other way round to be honest, I dont know a manufacturer that is nicer and more reputable than Ed Valentine
just a great pity he chose Nick White to be his uk distributer, who has very little respect from carpet cleaners up and down the country!
Had he chosen the likes of JK I think it would of been an entirely different situation

stuart

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 07:18:36 am »
I'm not sure about the clear plastic inlet but I'm not buying one so I'll let others decide first appearances can be deceiving.

Shaun

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 08:56:23 am »
but Stuart - wasnt the Jag you bought shipped from the US and so is their design/manufacture?

i think Ed is a very well trained charmer, he charms himself out of trouble and it works!!

stuart_clark

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 08:58:25 am »
No, I had one of the early Jags, but I got a Scorpion that was made specialy for me !
Think you might have got mixed up with that

stuart

john martin

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 09:39:24 am »
Looks like a hunk of junk to me, cheap plastic vacume intake, cant see that lasting long ! The way the dump valve petrudes from the front of the machine, can see that snapping off when knocked and why is the solution pump out at the back of the machine ?
Nick wasn't let down by a US supplier I think its the other way round to be honest, I dont know a manufacturer that is nicer and more reputable than Ed Valentine
just a great pity he chose Nick White to be his uk distributer, who has very little respect from carpet cleaners up and down the country!
Had he chosen the likes of JK I think it would of been an entirely different situation

stuart

Stuart ... with respect i think your opinion is blinkered by your misguided loyalty  :D

99% of owners found issues with that machine from the waste tank not emptying , the floats not working right , ingress the waste tank capacity used , issues with the pumpout filter , the pumpout not keeping up , cooling issues yet no effort to fit fans , general build ( the back lawnmower wheels cost about $5) maneuverability ( couldn't drop it down a step with rubbing  something on the back )  stair climbing ...forget it ...
As far i could see solutions had to take these in and retrofit various fixes at their time and expense .
ED.V has never acknowledged the suggestions and feedback from owners ... a typical reply to a complaint would be '  we sold one last week to guy and he didnt complain '     There has never been any effort or desire as far as i can see to by CA to make an improved product .  If the old one still sold then it was a ' success '

As far as nice and reputable  ... Every one of the USA board owners at some time has called his machines Junk . and   Ed.V takes to the forums at any opportunity to rubbish other manufactures  ,  Mytee in the US has a run of failed rocker switches now fixed .   He constantly takes a jab at them ' calling them ' unreliable generic squirt and sucks ' 
Its justice that he has being replaced by something that looks like a Mytee .  :)

Ed Valentine

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 04:33:47 pm »
First off, I do not believe that it is my duty or responsibility to reply with either or both positive, or negative comments regarding  Solutions, UK machine. Way to pre-mature at this point and this should be left up to people viewing and/or operating the machines in a responsible way; not I.

In regards to John Martins ridiculous comments about myself ; what I am thinking; what we are doing or not doing; if we fix this or that, and so on is just complete Horse-Manure at its best. It is very interesting how he always seems to have the inside scoop. Kind of reminds me of reading one of those Rag Papers one picks up at the corner grocery store!-LOL

and, his comment that just about knocked me off my chair:   "Every one of the USA board owners at some time has called his machines Junk"

Come on, John, get real so others reading will not get the impression that you have "other adjendas, or intentions". It doesn't help your creditability.  John, if we were so bad common sense would tell anyone that we would have gone out of business some 40 years ago. Therefore try harder not to post something that YOU want to hear and hope to convince others.

Further, you saw an opportunity to batter poor Stuart above who has always had a wonderful professional reputation by posting:

"Stuart ... with respect i think your opinion is blinkered by your misguided loyalty"

I conclude by saying that it would not matter John if I posted great comments from happy customers, or if someone such as Stuart commented one time in a positive way about myself or my company because you sir, have a history of spewing negative disgusting comments period.

Gee's give everyone a break. I am sure you are much better than that sir.

Or, aren't you? :'(

Now, I am more than sure you will immediately follow with more negative spewing.-LOL!

Best to all;   (ps: Learned this in class too!-LOL)
Ed Valentine

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2014, 05:05:08 pm »
to be fair Ed, John's post was very to the point and harsh! however i think it addressed a lot of valid points and again to be fair your politician type response again just fudges around the issues raised without addressing any of them, which was my point.

the problems like this arise when we are sold products and over promised or to some point scammed and then later down the line with more experience and time under our belts we then realize it. It then comes out and what in fact we are trying to do is pass on our experience and knowledge to other people who are maybe starting out in the industry so they dont get fooled into similar things and question what they are being told/sold.

so many suppliers tell us how successful they were at cleaning and how easy it is but weirdly now supply instead of making their fortunes as they so obviously were on the tools!

unfortunately in this industry we are often sold things at much higher rates than we should - things are rebadged as our industry specific and sold at a premium - Sodium Percarbonate is a classic example, that is rebadged by so many and sold to us as something unique very often at nearly 10 times what you can pay for it from a local store.

new starters are targetted by suppliers as their 'greeness' is ideal - sometimes though that can back fire when that 'greeness' wears off and you realise some of what you have been told is just pure bull manure!!

my advice is dont spin, tell it how it is and drop the scripts - many of us have been around too long not to spot it after a while!

adrian marsh

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 05:37:31 pm »
Well, this is all very entertaining isn't it? What started out as generall discussion about a new machine has turned into a full blown mud pie flinging contest.

Chaps, we're all grown ups (most of us anyway) and can have our own opinions. Whether you like or dislike this machine or that machine makes no difference. As business owners we will "try out" before we buy and base our decission on how we rate the performance. For example, go into any Ford dealer's and ask "whats the best car I can buy for my money"? I'm willing to bet they won't tell you not to buy a ford.

It doesn't assist anyone, new or experienced, to have to trawl through all these personal opinions about one person or another.

And before you start on me, I don't have any allegiance to any supplier. I don't mind where I get ri[pped off as long as they do it with a smile ;D

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 06:03:06 pm »
I'm willing to bet they won't tell you not to buy a ford.

.. also, they will not tell you: "... do not buy VW, mercedes etc, these are over-rated, our ford has special mods done that over perform all our competition...", as it could be not professional!!!

Adrian all the "full blown" at any time, is not about the machines only, it is about all what WOC/CT is saying/doing about that or this.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 06:10:01 pm »
i beg to differ Adi, many a time before a purchase be it for business or personal use i have done my research and been well to do so by obtaining a lot of good info from forums and feedback. Yes, you have to cherry pick your info, but love it or hate it, the internet has provided us all with an opinion and a way to feedback, gone are the days when any business can fudge its way through - ours included. Word of mouth, feedback and testimonials or the fear of them keep us all on our toes and in turn make the experience for the customer a safer and better one. Buying off a shop on ebay can actually be better than ordering off their website nowadays as they can give better service due to the feedback system - again love it or hate it, its not going to change.

i am sure you arent backward in coming forward about positive things said about your business by way of testimonials etc - all based purely on that customers personal experience with you. And on the other side of the coin, we all also have to deal with the negatives when things go wrong whether our fault or not to manage damage limitation.

my point is we are all fed up with politicians and their baloney and its not best practice to turn into one!!

adrian marsh

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »

It doesn't assist anyone, new or experienced, to have to trawl through all these personal opinions about one person or another.

Chaps ;D Opinions about a machine are one thing, personal attacks are another. Positive or negative "feedback" to any business is, or should be, welcome. This tells us how we're doing. I would be less inclined to buy from any supplier who's owner indulged in on-line "banter". I would question their ethics and maturity.

I'm a great believer in what goes around comes around. Broad shouldered or not, if we engage in on-line abuse we should not be too surprised if, one day, that abuse is redirected in a direction we would not enjoy.

Carry on with your debate ;)

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2014, 06:41:51 pm »
trouble is Adi what you are saying is simply your opinion - just like everyone else's on an open forum and like i say - its up to the reader to decide on what to use and what not to

i dont see abuse on this thread - some comments have been harsh but sometimes the truth is

i am afraid its apparent people are indeed fickle and do indeed have alliances that can change with the direction of the wind by the looks of it

john martin

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 08:16:28 pm »
I don't think nick is cutting ed out of the loop but if I was in a similar position then I would want to sell my own machine as there will be more mark up on it as in theory it's the same machine.

Here's a pic
Shaun or anyone else , would u have the pic of the back for non members   :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 10:21:21 pm »
This one?

john martin

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2014, 12:04:11 am »
This one?

yes ,   certainly an odd design ...
Geared towards the maintenance plan i suppose .