Darren O

Solutions New Machine
« on: June 24, 2014, 01:42:04 pm »
Just seen Solutions new machine on Cleantalk looks a bit dated for a new machine.

Radek Jablonski

Re: Solutions New Machine
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 02:24:04 pm »
looks better then the smelly ones before anyway
once it can be fully drained then it will be a big success for them  ;D
a bit like the small alltecs and airfles mini shape

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 04:03:12 pm »
Looks like they have made another Airflex - now how long ago as that first made........!?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:24:22 pm »
Why would they want to improve on the jaguar? Is it not the most powerful extractor on the market? And why change the design, the customer does not care what the machine looks like.

I've not seen it but how heavy is it? The jaguar was made of a lightweight plastic for ease of lifting.

Seams they are going backwards instead advancing with thier design
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Richard Cole

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 04:28:27 pm »
Lot of machines look the same from the outside, its the inside which counts.  I think what makes this different is that you can go on a service plan, I think its something like £28 + vat per month and every six months send the working parts back, from what i understand you can easily remove this section in 10 minutes.  In effect you get a new machine every six months so do not have to worry about machine breaking down as it gets older. I know a smoe of you on here like to bash Solutions but this does sound like a good proposition and i might well consider one when i look at replacing or moving on from my current machine, Airflex Storm, as it is coming up to 3 years old.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 04:51:04 pm »
Mike - i completely see where you are coming from on this one and agree. All the positives sold for the Jag & Scorpion have been taken away and yet we were all told they were better machines for that!?

As regards stripping the vacs out every 6 months and paying over £400 a year with VAT for the honour - why? It doesnt make economic sense or time sense - a machine looked after with just common sense wont cost you that a year and if they are so easy to take out (just like the Airflex) why not just replace them as needed and save the cost and agro.

The maintenance plan and sign writing is what is drawing you and thats what its all suppose to do - so what if your machine is 3 years old? A new one thats not sucking or spraying any harder wont make a jot of difference on your jobs and until its proven why make the expense?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 04:52:20 pm »
I saw it on the cleantalk forum, it's been a poorly guarded secret since stuart showed us a pic last year, it's a great idea to have a maintenance plan providing that the cleaner does their part of the agreement and the manufacturer keeps theirs the machine should last a life time a bit like Triggers broom.

Perhaps they could make truckmounts that way also.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 05:04:15 pm »
Why would they want to improve on the jaguar? Is it not the most powerful extractor on the market? And why change the design, the customer does not care what the machine looks like.

I've not seen it but how heavy is it? The jaguar was made of a lightweight plastic for ease of lifting.

Seams they are going backwards instead advancing with thier design

Im sure it had their hearts broke with various issues behind the scenes .
Colin Day must be demented having his head stuck in that waste tank for years .

Cant get a right look at the new one ...  looks interesting anyway  . The two tubes down the back ?  Think they should have included top loading wheels , cant see them at least .  Looks ok generally .

Chris waters

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 05:32:56 pm »
As far as I understand the motors and pumps that are returned are then reconditioned and fitted to the next customer. I don't think you reciever brand new items.

Graham Airey

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 06:00:23 pm »
Does this mean that the Jaguar that they keep saying is the best thing since sliced bread is no more? I think i'll stick with my Airflex Turbo, over 3 years old and still going strong, i've only replaced 1 vac and rebuilt the pump once myself. I'm no mathmetician but that a hell of a lot cheaper than they are charging.

BTW it just looks like an Alltec to me!!
NCCA & TACCA

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 06:44:53 pm »
I'm surprised Ed Valentine hasn't commented yet, he's usually on the ball when Solutions are mentioned, telling us what honourable guys they are and how he invented .... Errr everything ;)

Is this one of Eds machines?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 07:09:39 pm »
I don't think nick is cutting ed out of the loop but if I was in a similar position then I would want to sell my own machine as there will be more mark up on it as in theory it's the same machine.

Here's a pic

stuart_clark

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 07:24:36 pm »
It aint new I say the said machine three years ago

creighton foyle

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 08:02:44 pm »
i am surprised that solutions are selling a machine that looks so much like the air flex, especially after all that was said when comparing it to the jag.

as for speculating that chalky may or may not have taken ed valentine out of the loop well !! it would not be the first time he has left people wondering if he has been  entirely honest and straight up with people  who have been involved in helping him with his business.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 08:34:32 pm »
How much Does it have a heater how many motors pump size

In total if you leased purchase the machine plus Service Costs How much a Month

The actual Cost to the Business  Even if you bought it out Right By the time you have taken into account cost of taking the money out of business ie less working capital  Costs would be similiar per month.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 08:41:58 pm »
I think you are being too tedious ian, whether you lease it or get a loan or purchase out right somewhere you will have earned or have to earn it.

It's more or less a physical warranty if it catches on only time will tell.

Shaun

Richard Cole

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 08:58:16 pm »
I'm surprised Ed Valentine hasn't commented yet, he's usually on the ball when Solutions are mentioned, telling us what honourable guys they are and how he invented .... Errr everything ;)

No not one Ed's machines, British built and designed and has been 3 years in development.

From Nick's announcement

available in 50 litre capacity

i-Xtract 1.0 2 x 2 stage 5.7 vacuum motors.350 psi pump

i-Xtract 2.0 2 x 3 stage 5.7 vacuum motors.400 psi pump

i-Xtract 3.0 2 x 2 stage 6.6 high performance vacuum motors. 800 psi pump

i-Xtreme 2 x 2 stage 6.6 high performance vacuum motors. 800 psi pump, with auto feed and auto dump

10" stair climbing wheels

Easy loading wheels

EMS "Easy Maintenance System"
This is covered under an annual maintenance agreement, every 6 months we will exchange all working components of the machine you have only a 10 minute switch over to your new unit, with vacs pump, reg valve, power cords plugs, electrics all being changed. Monthly fee applies minimum terms 12 months. Transport also covered under the EMS agreement.

I believe Nick has no plans to stop selling the Jag either.

Hope this helps. :)
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 09:10:23 pm »
would love to know the weight of it, not just a few weeks ago Nick posted on CT when someone was buying an Enforcer 'its an ok machine if you have a strong back' and yet this machine is here and follows the same designs!!

the Jag & Scorpion were so often sold on the advantage of lighter weight. Yet i owned a Scorpion for years and even though lighter, as it was longer with small, hard wheels it was a real pain to get in and out the van. Now i have the Airflex Turbo and its a doddle, yes its a bit heavier, but its shorter, very well balanced and with its bigger air type tyres/wheels it goes in the van like a piece of cake and doesnt skate all over the place when you wheel it down a path!!

and!!!! i can dump all the water from the waste tank using just the dump valve and so dont have to have a load of dirty water left in the tank between dumps!!

john martin

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:56 pm »

No not one Ed's machines, British built and designed and has been 3 years in development.

From Nick's announcement

available in 50 litre capacity

i-Xtract 1.0 2 x 2 stage 5.7 vacuum motors.350 psi pump

i-Xtract 2.0 2 x 3 stage 5.7 vacuum motors.400 psi pump

i-Xtract 3.0 2 x 2 stage 6.6 high performance vacuum motors. 800 psi pump

i-Xtreme 2 x 2 stage 6.6 high performance vacuum motors. 800 psi pump, with auto feed and auto dump

10" stair climbing wheels

Easy loading wheels

EMS "Easy Maintenance System"
This is covered under an annual maintenance agreement, every 6 months we will exchange all working components of the machine you have only a 10 minute switch over to your new unit, with vacs pump, reg valve, power cords plugs, electrics all being changed. Monthly fee applies minimum terms 12 months. Transport also covered under the EMS agreement.

I believe Nick has no plans to stop selling the Jag either.

Hope this helps. :)

It would be nice to think the first one i-extract 1.0  has the high performance electro two stages ...   but i'd have my doubts . I cant think why otherwise anyone would fit regular 5.7 two stages inplace of three stages ..  there is just no reason , even cost would be minimal ???

john martin

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 09:13:32 pm »
would love to know the weight of it, not just a few weeks ago Nick posted on CT when someone was buying an Enforcer 'its an ok machine if you have a strong back' and yet this machine is here and follows the same designs!!

the Jag & Scorpion were so often sold on the advantage of lighter weight. Yet i owned a Scorpion for years and even though lighter, as it was longer with small, hard wheels it was a real pain to get in and out the van. Now i have the Airflex Turbo and its a doddle, yes its a bit heavier, but its shorter, very well balanced and with its bigger air type tyres/wheels it goes in the van like a piece of cake and doesnt skate all over the place when you wheel it down a path!!

and!!!! i can dump all the water from the waste tank using just the dump valve and so dont have to have a load of dirty water left in the tank between dumps!!

Very true ...   Enforcer is the easiest machine i'v had to load unload ..