Phil @ Extreme Clean

Re: WHY ???????
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2013, 09:11:43 pm »
cheers Simon and thankyou for all your help and advice I appreciate it pal.

Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2013, 08:39:45 am »
This site is an improvement on your last one, I can't remember is anyone has asked if you have google analytics on your site,  can you see how many people visited your last site?

Has this new layout made your site drop off google, I can't find it.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wayne zabel

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2013, 09:39:17 am »
On P1 on my search.

garry22

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2013, 10:06:34 am »
The new version has not been cached yet so it should not move in the search engines.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2013, 10:11:38 am »
I searched.....  Blackpool carpet cleaners & fylde carpet cleaners

No result on Blackpool, on page 2 for fylde.

This is searching from 10 miles outside Blackpool (I'm at my mother in laws)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2013, 10:33:38 am »
Just searched again.... I think you might have your work cut out competing against  companies like this.....

http://www.abetakleen.co.uk/services/

Who are high on page 1  and have very 'competive' prices

Robin Ray

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2013, 11:25:25 am »
I thought he was doing the right thing keeping prices high?

Don't worry too much about what everyone else is doing. Just do your thing the best as possible.

Richard Cole

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2013, 11:36:18 am »
New site looks good Phil, who did it and how much did it cost if you don't mind sharing?
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

stuart_clark

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2013, 12:30:22 pm »
I like your new website it looks good! the before and after photos are very impressive !

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »
Cheers the pics I water extracted with mpower and my website was done by an ex carpet cleaner he has just changed slightly from his and Mike I been through all the cheap price thing and this is what I am up against I'm still fairly priced so not gonna worry about it allthough it really bugs me what can I do they look professional as well so prob do a good job
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

bennymon

« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2013, 05:18:41 pm »
That site mike posted will take a lot of your work  there is a few like that round my way and for me it's rendered the Internet almost useless .  Del

Max Campbell

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2013, 10:08:19 pm »
Looks good to me. I'm the picky b******d who criticised your spelling etc - this one looks pretty spot on (except you need a capital "A" on Saint "Annes" (I only picked it up 'cos I used to live there).

Seriously, well done, looks great.

garry22

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2013, 10:46:32 am »
Don't get too hung up about internet marketing.

Too many carpet cleaners waste a lot of marketing time, cluelessly(?) trying to play with websites when in reality, the search volume is very low. Many would be better off carrying out "traditional" marketing.

According to Google's (notoriously unreliable) figures, there are only seventy or so exact searches in the Blackpool area each month, shared between a lot of companies. I'm not sure how many are serious buyers but the number is small compared to say, the big cities.

There were one or two struggling people on here a couple of years ago who are no longer trading who seemed to spend all day "tweaking" websites (effectively "fiddling whilst Rome burned"). When I looked at their sites, the search engines had not visited for about a month so all the daily changes had been wasted.

I can't help wondering what may have happened if they had tried other methods of gaining customers instead.

Hilton

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2013, 11:29:14 am »
Don't get too hung up about internet marketing.

Too many carpet cleaners waste a lot of marketing time, cluelessly(?) trying to play with websites when in reality, the search volume is very low. Many would be better off carrying out "traditional" marketing.

According to Google's (notoriously unreliable) figures, there are only seventy or so exact searches in the Blackpool area each month, shared between a lot of companies. I'm not sure how many are serious buyers but the number is small compared to say, the big cities.

There were one or two struggling people on here a couple of years ago who are no longer trading who seemed to spend all day "tweaking" websites (effectively "fiddling whilst Rome burned"). When I looked at their sites, the search engines had not visited for about a month so all the daily changes had been wasted.

I can't help wondering what may have happened if they had tried other methods of gaining customers instead.

He will never know but probabaly not a lot,

While some of your traditional marketing can not be replaced, it is still very expensive,especially when cash is tight and returns on investment are very unreliable. As part of your marketing mix then traditional should be in there but internet is in my opinion the way to go.

Updating, playing around with and constant improvments are all part of the learning curve eventually you will land on a page that fits your local ambitions.You should get expert advise, we are not I.T consultants so can not be expected to know the ins and outs of the weird and wonderful world of internet marketing but I would rather put a pound towards getting a professional site that another wasted sheet of paper through a letter box.

Once its done its done, you can then cherry pick the other forms of marketing that offer the best return and its imperative now days to have your web site on that marketing ready and waiting for the prospects to peruse other wise they move on.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2013, 01:01:27 pm »
The initial topic was why am I slow, most of the responses have revolved around his website,

I personally don't think this new website will make any difference to how busy phil is but like I keep saying at least it doesn't require any real effort.

A lot of people are very vocal about how well they do from thier website but this gives a tainted impression about how good the Internet is for getting work, who we don't hear from are the people who get very little from the Internet.

There was a poll started last year which showed for every 1 person who does well from thier website there are 10 people who get next to  f¥ck all .

Hilton

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2013, 03:18:18 pm »
Its been very useful for him,

He has taken on board the criticism and improved it some what, now he needs help in getting it placed on google, so in that respect the post has had the desired effect in getting help and advice, which is really what was required and the web site was the first and most obvious flaw in his marketing, he can now move on to other aspects of his marketing that need fixing.

garry22

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2013, 04:24:32 pm »
You should get expert advise, we are not I.T consultants so can not be expected to know the ins and outs of the weird and wonderful world of internet marketing

Personally, I would not let an IT Consultant anywhere near any of my sites.

bennymon

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2013, 08:04:14 pm »
I'm one of them people mike most of my customers are from leaflets or repeats I get next to f##k all from the Internet . Del

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2013, 10:33:26 pm »
Mike said...Just searched again.... I think you might have your work cut out competing against  companies like this.....

http://www.abetakleen.co.uk/services/

Who are high on page 1  and have very 'competive' prices

And so these are the prices:
 1 Room 12ft X 12ft = £18.00

1 Room 18ft X 12ft = £25.00

1 Room 24ft X 12ft = £35.00

3 Rooms 12ft X 12ft = £45.00

Then have a look at the areas covered......it would seem that this guy is prepared to do at least a one and a half hour round trip to do an £18 job!
Ok ...in all probability he would refuse to do it.

The reality is, that the people who advertise these prices are comonplace.

I recently got an online quote to do a through room (22x11), HSL and a bedroom.....the quote was £65....hmm well ok and oh dear.
The down side is that the guy had a 70 mile round trip ::)roll