markpowell

Re: should i start a price war in my new area
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2012, 11:13:53 pm »
Im sure we all have cleaners local to us who will clean a 2 bed house for £70, and we always will do.
Let em get on with it, cos before i would do that i would get a job on the checkouts at tesco full time.
 ;)

robert meldrum

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2012, 07:38:02 am »
It takes 2 to have a war what happens if the other decides not to bite?

Shaun

They get blown up !

Ferenc G.

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2012, 08:30:01 am »
Local maids services quoted £50 for a 2 bed terraced EOT carpet cleaning. 2 double br. + HSL + lounge/diner
Went in, measured up quoted more than a £100 more and got the job. Why? I convinced them they get better quality. Simple. Its all about finding the right customers and working on your sales skills.

Craigp

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:10 am »
Local maids services quoted £50 for a 2 bed terraced EOT carpet cleaning. 2 double br. + HSL + lounge/diner
Went in, measured up quoted more than a £100 more and got the job. Why? I convinced them they get better quality. Simple. Its all about finding the right customers and working on your sales skills.

Exactly, I concept Robert Meldrum never EVER, EVER seems to be able to get, the mans in complete denial.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2012, 09:26:14 am »
I have always wanted someone like Susan or Robert Medrum or others who understand the low price market to publish a quality guide, on how it works how you time jobs etc

There are obviously different models  and the Success Coach, Jo Polish approach is not the only way

I have often suggested Mike and Shaun should run a Seminar, also

james roffey

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2012, 10:40:53 am »
I think it's just bravado from Susan, in an attempt to look 'successful' she's just came across as show off, attention seeking, and obnoxious.

Susan, if people 'discovered' you were successful you would have respect. If you tell them.. Well this is how you come across. That's how it works.

I think charging £70 to clean a house is something that would be best kept to ones self rather than brag about it, i also agree that £200 a day is not exactly amazing :-X :-X
especially when you are running a truckmount, but you are happy earning £100 a week with it ???

Many on here will look for the cheapest when we are buying a commodity, but who would use the cheapest plumber, builder, gardener, mechanic etc. the reason most people cant understand how you can make a profit charging £60 to clean a 3 pc suite is because its time consuming to clean one properly, i have never managed to clean one yet the way i was taught on various training courses and by some very successful carpet cleaners in under 2/3 hours. if i was told to clean one in an hour maybe i could do it but it would be slap dash at best.

Susan you were trying to make a case for this argument back in 2008 complaining that you had a truckmount sitting outside doing nothing, you added that you were too cheap for the higher end customers and not cheap enough for the price shoppers, absolutely bizzare  ???

Also i hesitate to say this because i am no academic myself but your spelling etc is so poor that one would assume English was your second language, my son was reading a post of yours and commented how bad it was and he is nine.
I don't mean to be cruel because i hated school myself, but a professional image is important, especially to the higher end customers.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2012, 05:02:29 pm »
I think it's just bravado from Susan, in an attempt to look 'successful' she's just came across as show off, attention seeking, and obnoxious.

Susan, if people 'discovered' you were successful you would have respect. If you tell them.. Well this is how you come across. That's how it works.

I think charging £70 to clean a house is something that would be best kept to ones self rather than brag about it, i also agree that £200 a day is not exactly amazing :-X :-X
especially when you are running a truckmount, but you are happy earning £100 a week with it ???

Many on here will look for the cheapest when we are buying a commodity, but who would use the cheapest plumber, builder, gardener, mechanic etc. the reason most people cant understand how you can make a profit charging £60 to clean a 3 pc suite is because its time consuming to clean one properly, i have never managed to clean one yet the way i was taught on various training courses and by some very successful carpet cleaners in under 2/3 hours. if i was told to clean one in an hour maybe i could do it but it would be slap dash at best.

Susan you were trying to make a case for this argument back in 2008 complaining that you had a truckmount sitting outside doing nothing, you added that you were too cheap for the higher end customers and not cheap enough for the price shoppers, absolutely bizzare  ???

Also i hesitate to say this because i am no academic myself but your spelling etc is so poor that one would assume English was your second language, my son was reading a post of yours and commented how bad it was and he is nine.
I don't mean to be cruel because i hated school myself, but a professional image is important, especially to the higher end customers.

ok ive said this once before on here a lost all of schooling in my younger years , due to my parants being killed head  on buy a drunk driver me and my sister was in the back of the car and lucky to be still here , ive been opened up more times suery then i care to think of , then getting adoped my farther (rip) and mother who handed me the cleaning company

right the quily thing here goes

suites 2-3 hours , useing per spay and what evrs needed , no we dont pre vac why bother its just a sales thing that the old graud try to make you look better then the next man

if its full of hairs and bits pull your pipe off your hand tool and use the pipe as a hover ????

single carpet , yes we move the suites and stuff , yes we put over shoes on , and leave things stood on  feet cardboad , wecarry pain white freezer bays incase we get any lager wooden iterm we need be worried about the die comeing off

no we dont per vac  and i allow 1.30 hours to do

as for chems we buy alsorts ask john kelly we get stuff off him , hyromater , extratca , and one or two more places ,

the gear , 2 max ds 450s , 1 thremel wave , all vans speedlined out , all shelfed out , all running with hose reels , ect ect ,

toolsdri masters , all have these other things cant rember what there called  i do use them my hands are to small and have this turm wheel on the top for air flow for suite , all have rdms, two haves rx20s one still to come from h.m. all carry full room dryers and snails stair wands stair tools , teo have porchem tis running 6 jets , one as a single jet jobs

and thats what you get from us cheap cleans here ,

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Should I start a price war in my new area
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2012, 05:52:19 pm »
That's quite an arsenal Susan, lot of great equipment you're offering a lot of service there probably more than most, what do you think to the thermal wave?

Shaun

AshWhite

Re: should i start a price war in my new area New
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2012, 07:54:13 pm »

Regardless of how obnoxious someone is, that's a truly disgusting comment.

And for what it's worth, I think it's about as good an excuse as it gets for a poor education.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

PaulKing

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2012, 08:14:38 pm »
Oh please whatever you think of the lass thats just not nice, Troll i think is the word to describe that sort of behaviour.

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Paul Moss

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2012, 08:15:46 pm »
I know Susan personally, she with her husband run a successfull cleaning business and have done for years, they are the hard working salt of the earth type people and are very nice   :)

Tom White

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2012, 11:29:55 pm »
Mod note:  I've had two complaints regarding this post; I am not going to read it and find who is offending who, but I will lock the post.  If anyone wishes to discuss this, please hit the 'report to mod' button and provide an explanation and I will contact you back.

Or, alternatively, start a new post on the same subject and keep it sensible and within the realms of conventional politeness.

Regards,

Tosh

Tom White

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2012, 12:29:26 am »
Post re-opened; it seems it was all sorted before I stuck my size 9.5's in!

Apologies.   :D

Gary Longley

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2012, 12:52:28 am »

Blimey, it's all go here, just like Eastenders  ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2012, 07:10:19 am »
Hi Tosh i like your Red Card Style ;D ;D ;D

For the  Goadites on here I had a Private Education and cannot spell.

Dyslexia is not recognized enough at Primary Schools  when I was  a Governor I mentioned it to the head and she said what has that got to do with anything. I pointed out it could be reason the school was underachieving and its catchment area in general was under achieving. unless measures were taken to support these children who require different learning strategies. The Head left shortly afterwards and School has improved. Statistics indicate that Dyslexia is inherited, hence the continued cycle in some areas. Sociology is not as simple as that as there are other factors at work also.

But I do have a degree, and reached a high level in a PLC