Hilton

Re: should i start a price war in my new area
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012, 01:00:38 pm »
good for you! go for it, i do enjoy a good war!

The English always win too!!!   ;D

What a laugh ..............the English have won very little in their lives and would have been wiped out if not for the Americans coming in when the Germans were poised ....with advanced technology to rip the UK apart.

Are you sure about that, the Germans were already defeated after the Battle of Britain Jul 1940-Oct 1940 and abandoned the invasion, this was won with British technology before America were forced to enter the war after being attacked at Pearl Harbour 7th Dec 1941, Something they were warned about in advance once again with British technology but chose to ignore.

It is regarded as a given now that a major contributor to victory over the third Reich from start to finish was British technology,America were playing catch up.

Any way I am not sure that is the kind of war the young lady was referring to.  ;D

jasonl

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2012, 01:01:44 pm »
I operated my Chem dry franchises in Teeside and county Durham and was getting 150 plus for a  3 bed house 20 years ago with a buffer and pads ,  plenty of u market property round those parts to go at.

20 HOUSES CAN BE BOUGHT VERY CHEAPLY!!! .

I bought 3 terraced houses in 1994 for 6grand in total!

I sold my franchises to a builder who had a 2 million turnover company and several high value houses. It was a plaything for him .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike_Roper

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 01:12:20 pm »
Jason , give me aring when you get a minute, I lost all my contacts on my mobile .
Thanks
Mike

Steven Lawrence

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2012, 02:31:38 pm »

What a laugh ..............the English have won very little in their lives and would have been wiped out if not for the Americans coming in when the Germans were poised ....with advanced technology to rip the UK apart.

For those who don't know.................Susan Dean had been running a very successful carpet cleaning business using small adverts in local newspapers and several operators with Extracta machines.

If you wonder what constitutes success...........consider the fact that she has or had a couple of years ago around 20 properties all rented out and bought from the profits made from a very efficient business.

A couple might look up " autistic " to learn a little more about this young lady.

doesn't know his history very well!! :-X

Craigp

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2012, 05:57:28 pm »
Robert it was Britain against Germany not just the English, well and most of the rest of the world bar Italy who joined Germany's side and another country which I can't think of just now.

But for English wins battle of Agincourt, it doesn't get more decisive than that! English were out numbered 6 to 1 and still won.

Gary Longley

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2012, 06:02:18 pm »
Different type of war  ;D ;D

Craigp

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2012, 06:07:54 pm »
I know but Robert Meldrum bought up WW2, lol

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 06:43:06 pm »

For those who don't know.................Susan Dean had been running a very successful carpet cleaning business using small adverts in local newspapers and several operators with Extracta machines.

If you wonder what constitutes success...........consider the fact that she has or had a couple of years ago around 20 properties all rented out and bought from the profits made from a very efficient business.

A couple might look up " autistic " to learn a little more about this young lady.

many thanks , long gone are the extractas my friend , running three tuckmounts now well just two as ill be giveing one away to hubbys bother in law , as for me being a man sorry i dont think so ,

yes i do run cheap but ive tryed uping the prices for five years and i just lost the faith so went back to what i know and what works for us  , loveing the coments about cheap houses but sorry wont have any of them rubbish min here is a three bed semi , and mark julians not doing the haulage now sold that , and is back into doing up the houses and drawing pictures on people for alot of money ,

just cant see how you think 70 is too low , right today my cleaners been out and done 200 pounds worth of work  

60 wages
30 fuel
10 chems

i am happy if that trucks goes out and earns me 100 pounds a week clear profit  , so it down to being in and out quick  nope thats not true , maybe i am holding people bacl here buy pulling up with top end gear and chargeing little but its the way i am going to move forward at this time works for me i dont care if i put people out of buissness because they wouldnt care if they did the same tome

garyhumphreys

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2012, 06:56:10 pm »
[i]just cant see how you think 70 is too low , right today my cleaners been out and done 200 pounds worth of work 
60 wages
30 fuel
10 chems
i am happy if that trucks goes out and earns me 100 pounds a week clear profit  , so it down to being in and out quick  nope thats not true , maybe i am holding people bacl here buy pulling up with top end gear
[/i]

Charging these prices, how are you affording the top end equipment you are using?
Would love to be let in on your method

dan paton

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2012, 06:59:02 pm »
susan dont doubt youv'e got what you say youv'e got but its the fact your bragging about it . most of your recent posts anyway(even your last post) have a reference about money or property . there's loads of wealthy people on this forum with multiple properties etc but you dont bang on about it like you do . point is its a cleaning forum not a platform to tell everyone how successful youv'e been in life . nobody cares and if they did then they need help .
                                                     dan

Dave_Lee

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2012, 07:30:11 pm »
Most operators are owner operators so forgetting the wages bit.
If all of what we turned over was clear profit after deducting just fuel and chem costs, we would be very happy indeed.
£200 a day is not a good day and clearly to do £300 - £500 a day as I said, your cleaner would have to be in and out quick.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Simon Moat

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2012, 07:44:33 pm »
I really don't care what other people do or don't earn.

And btw the Soviets won the war!

Craigp

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 08:47:01 pm »
Not really, the Germans went into Russia because they had information that it would be a year before America was ready to go to war so the invasion into Russia was strategic as they wanted more land and resources for fighting the Americans (which they knew would be the biggest fight) After the defeat against Russia, mainly due the the weather Germany still carried on with their plans in Europe.

wynne jones

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2012, 09:00:23 pm »
Talking of the Jocks, that Banatyne guy on dragons den uses this very tactic to put competing businesses out of business. Then he buys them up for a song. What a nice man.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Robert Watson

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2012, 09:13:33 pm »
That,s not your best post Wynne. What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, price war. What ever floats your boat. But not for me.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Gary Longley

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2012, 10:04:08 pm »
[i]just cant see how you think 70 is too low , right today my cleaners been out and done 200 pounds worth of work 
60 wages
30 fuel
10 chems
i am happy if that trucks goes out and earns me 100 pounds a week clear profit  , so it down to being in and out quick  nope thats not true , maybe i am holding people bacl here buy pulling up with top end gear
[/i]

Charging these prices, how are you affording the top end equipment you are using?
Would love to be let in on your method

Erh, because someone's already mentioned they own 20 odd properties, sold a successful haulage business and so forth  ::)

garyhumphreys

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2012, 10:13:56 pm »
Bankrolling the purchase of new equipment then?

Robert Watson

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2012, 10:14:57 pm »
That`s not your best post Wynne. What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, price war. What ever floats your boat. But not for me.

Edit, I don`t like him either.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Gary Longley

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2012, 10:31:19 pm »
Bankrolling the purchase of new equipment then?

Basically, ya  :)

Knock everyone else out the game quickly by offering cheap carpet cleaning that's unsustainable to most.

Making money on fast turnover  ::)

wynne jones

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2012, 10:36:45 pm »
That`s not your best post Wynne. What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, price war. What ever floats your boat. But not for me.

Edit, I don`t like him either.

I'm not with you Robert, if you thought I was suggesting all jocks are like that I wasn't, it just reminded me of him and that he recommended the tactic to one of his partners.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.