derek west

Re: Airflex Storm or Jag
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 05:47:22 pm »
David packed in, jim I'm sure tony (carpet dawg) has got one he's in your neck of the woods, I've got a jag I chose it because I know about how passionate nick is about it and the service I would get from him because he some how has an umbilical cord to it it really is his baby ;D

Shaun

Shaun,

The Jaguar is a Cross American product as you well know. Nick is a distributor of that product. He did not design it, build it, finance it and does not own it. I do not doubt that he provides you with a great service and it clearly is your choice what you buy from where.

The Airflex in contrast is designed by Cleansmart, financed by Cleansmart, built by Cleansmart and owned by Cleansmart. It really is Matt's baby and I admire him because he put everything on the line to make it happen. I can't remember the last time a uk supplier designed a new anything for carpet cleaning, especially such a high quality product. If the Airflex had not been a winner I dare say that Matt and Cleansmart would have been sunk without trace.

My point is if you were looking for a machine with an umbilical cord attached to it - in my humble opinion you chose the wrong one  :-X

"LIKE"

well said that man, i've got a lot of respect for mat at cleansmart, his service is fantastic and his new range of chems hold there own.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 06:06:06 pm »
I'd agree with Richard C, get in touch with Matt and find out if there is one closer to you, I'm sure he would be happy to help.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 06:11:10 pm »
As Shaun says I do have the Airflex but not the Storm (yet!). I will be getting one soon though.

You are welcome to come over to Edinburgh and have a go but as i said its not the Storm model.

Never delt with Solutions but I have delt with Cleansmart and i can say first hand they are a great company to do business with!

Having been cleaning carpets and upholstery for over 15 years (12 self employed) the Airflex is the best machine i have used by far and thats with trying most portable machines on the market.

Very well built and thought out machine. Replacing (wearable) parts is extremely easy and quick. You can have the machine open in two parts in less than a minute and with no tools needed!

And there's a nifty break at the front wheel! so you can rest the machine on an incline without worry.

Tony

Edit: comes with an hours counter too! This is very useful as you know exactly how many hours your pump and vacs have done. There are some on here that can go for years without changing parts... empty diary springs to mind :P

Colin Day

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 06:24:10 pm »
Really, it's just a case of loyalty to your supplier and this should be admired.

Unfortunately, some of us (and I include myself) can take it a bit too far and we end up directly or indirectly slating a product or supplier that we know very little about. Obviously in my position, I can't and won't partake in promoting....

If we were being grown up about this, we would just comment positively on what we know about the product/supplier and leave it at that.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 06:31:59 pm »
Nigel the design of the components were a dual thing with Ed and John Bolton therefore I think you could say it is a family partnership, I'm sure matts machine is very good I did have a play with one it looks very nice.

Shaun

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 06:38:25 pm »
Just so you know, if you dont need the auto pump out remote device on the AirFlex Storm you can ask Matt not to include it and save around £350 (might be a bit more or less cant remember)

Same with the pumphead on the Storm. You can have a 200psi, 350psi and 800psi pump. The price advertised is for the 800psi but will be cheaper if you take the 200 or 350.
Lets be honest, 350psi more than enough to do most carpets.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 06:48:25 pm »
Saving of money and weight.

Shaun

Billy Russell

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 06:52:32 pm »
Just so you know, if you dont need the auto pump out remote device on the AirFlex Storm you can ask Matt not to include it and save around £350 (might be a bit more or less cant remember)

Same with the pumphead on the Storm. You can have a 200psi, 350psi and 800psi pump. The price advertised is for the 800psi but will be cheaper if you take the 200 or 350.
Lets be honest, 350psi more than enough to do most carpets.

Thats quite good that is!!! Might consider that for my back up machine!!! Finally replace the steempro!!!! had to use twice since i got the TM, never again!!!!

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 06:53:42 pm »
I'm from Edinburgh Shaun! Money first!!  ;D ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 06:58:28 pm »
I understand Tony it's a subject close to my heart ;D

McShaun

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 07:16:23 pm »
David packed in, jim I'm sure tony (carpet dawg) has got one he's in your neck of the woods, I've got a jag I chose it because I know about how passionate nick is about it and the service I would get from him because he some how has an umbilical cord to it it really is his baby ;D

Shaun

Shaun,

The Jaguar is a Cross American product as you well know. Nick is a distributor of that product. He did not design it, build it, finance it and does not own it. I do not doubt that he provides you with a great service and it clearly is your choice what you buy from where.

The Airflex in contrast is designed by Cleansmart, financed by Cleansmart, built by Cleansmart and owned by Cleansmart. It really is Matt's baby and I admire him because he put everything on the line to make it happen. I can't remember the last time a uk supplier designed a new anything for carpet cleaning, especially such a high quality product. If the Airflex had not been a winner I dare say that Matt and Cleansmart would have been sunk without trace.

My point is if you were looking for a machine with an umbilical cord attached to it - in my humble opinion you chose the wrong one  :-X

Good post Nigel.

I've had the Turbo for 2 years nearly, it's had 1 new vac and upgrades free of charge when required.

More than happy with my purchase, but at the end of the day it just sucks and squirts.

Len Gribble

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 08:26:39 pm »
Have had a couple jags mk2, series 1 all restoration projects

But as Steve said end of the day it just sucks and squirts that’s why I chose the black max ;)

Shaun who told you that :o ;) glad to see the union flag proceeding stars and strips (it’s on the wand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NDmDxdnGLY&feature=related) ;D ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

john martin

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, 08:56:16 pm »

Shaun who told you that :o ;) glad to see the union flag proceeding stars and strips (it’s on the wand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NDmDxdnGLY&feature=related) ;D ;)

;D 

Mr Valentine doing camera and narration there no doubt  ...

He talks like he types  ...    ;D

Richard Cole

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 09:16:09 pm »

Edit: comes with an hours counter too! This is very useful as you know exactly how many hours your pump and vacs have done. There are some on here that can go for years without changing parts... empty diary springs to mind :P

Don't know why but the Storm doesn't come with a hours counter, strange considering the Turbo did have one, not sure why Matt decided not to include one as it would be handy to know how many hours you have clocked up and you can plan and schedule your servicing etc.  But still very happy with my choice. ;D ;D
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

creighton foyle

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 10:11:33 pm »
my airflex turbo does not have an hr counter .

John Milnes

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012, 10:35:18 pm »
my airflex turbo does not have an hr counter
Neither does mine

Thats because they stop working and I think thats why Matt stopped fitting them

BDCS

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, 10:48:19 pm »
Hi Jim

Had a go with the Airflex Storm yesterday from a supplier in Folkstone, Kent..What a machine,blew me & the wife away on the power it had ,even with 100 ft of hose on it  :o.Makes our Prochem powermax look S**t....  The remote feature was great leave the machine in the van & use the remote to turn machine on and off and dump waste.
2 jobs today we left our machine in the van to see what the Storm would be like to work with,it would save us so much time (set up/ pack away).

The supplier does a lease plan so going to sort this out very soon.

Richard

Who supplies these in Folkestone ? I can only think of Folkestone cleaning and if the service they give now is the same as when they were Prochem dealers I'd travel for one

Craigp

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2012, 11:03:50 pm »
I've only used a small Airflex.

But going on looks alone the Airflex has it hands down.