john martin

Re: Scorpian as TM question
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2012, 08:42:35 pm »

No one making a case for the Scorpion ?

Must be no scorpion owners left ...
 Its usable from the van , but neither it nor the slightly less powerfull Jaguar will ever compete with a TM

The new generation ETM's will id say narrow the gap and provide a cost effective  alternative ...
How? They are still governed by how much power you can generate from a 13 amp socket, as Paul King so eloquently explained. Electric powered machines will never be able to do what engine powered machines can - end of story.

A house is supplied with what 80 - 100 amps ...  you just have to access it , within reason
reasonable to me would be two cord for main machine ...  you can get  say 300 cfm and 16hg from those ...

not saying it will equal the TM ... but more bridge the gap , when you consider running costs etc
ETM has to be more than just recovery though i think ...   should have tanks with heat recovery from van ... a reel setup etc , think bane but with a bit more power .

Kev Loomes

« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2012, 09:03:35 pm »
Kevin which porty did you run from the van? I have a jag not sure if I'd like to run 150ft with it must be spoilt with having tms.

Shaun

It was a Mytee Shaun, at the time it was the most poweful I could find, with heat. When I say 150ft, this was the max - most jobs were 75ft which was good. We used to fill up the 250ltr tank in the morning with hot water so that by the time it went through the heat exchangers it was very hot indeed and lasted well in to the day.

I'm glad 99% of the time it didnt need coming off the van becuase the filling area was a nightmare due to the opening being too small  for buckets (wrongly designed). So the autofill/keep on van situation was much easier.

The only downside was occasionally it would trip custys leccy, but it was a price worth paying imo. I would still never go back to a porty though, becuase even with the simplicity of how we had it set up - it could never compare to the extra heat, pressure and vaccum of a TM.

Cheers

Kev

p.s.  the most common comment we get when we finish a job with a TM is....'you finished already?' Er, yes!

Chris Hawkes

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2012, 09:21:37 am »

No one making a case for the Scorpion ?

Must be no scorpion owners left ...
 Its usable from the van , but neither it nor the slightly less powerfull Jaguar will ever compete with a TM

The new generation ETM's will id say narrow the gap and provide a cost effective  alternative ...

I still have and use a Scorp as a back-up machine - a great machine which, with appropriate chems and agitation, gives me some great results.

I tried it with the tanks, running it as a TM as per the OP's original point but I felt as though I was losing a little suction and the emptying of the waste tank was a pain so I decided to sell the tanks on.  I have no idea if I was actually losing vac power but it just felt like it.

Chris

john martin

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2012, 11:51:01 am »

My understanding would be that ...  you didnt really loose much suction using the aux tanks ...
  but its takes a little longer to presurize them ... so you dont have the instant grab you feel when you put your hand over the hose ... but it builds up in a second or two .

If you have more lift , the time to presurize the tank decreases so ...

Your scorpion has about 135 " lift   and  300 CFM

A quadvac with some of the newer vacs will have 230 " lift  and 300 cfm
 making it more suitable for larger tanks ..