Jason Hedges

Re: Think iv'e damaged Carpet?
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 08:09:25 pm »
Hi Phil,

Do they have a cat or has anyone else that lived there had a cat previously? Have you noticed any more evidence of plucking? In the first picture it looks like the carpet near to the left door frame has cat pluck marks. If they do cats stretch and pluck at random across carpets so perhaps they have caused the loosening of loops, your cleaning method has just made them stand out. I agree with Jason L that it will flatten out with use and become un-noticable after a few days as it will have done gradually after cat plucking.

All the best,
Jason.

john martin

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 10:08:00 pm »

Pad a bit too dry id say  .

hands and knees with some sort of shears i suppose  :)

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 06:53:29 am »
Phil, doubt very much if you have really caused the damage...

However when Shaun comes down and assesses the way you clean,do yourself a big big favour........

Show him how you clean .......... not how you think he wants to see you clean ....

If you get my drift..

;D ;D

tony bish

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2012, 01:27:55 pm »
Have fitted and repaired many a berber and have lost count of the times I have said to people that if you agitate to much it will cause the loop to break down on the carpet ,especially if it is wool .Most carpets that are decent are usually 80/20 in favour of wool content ,but with berbers is it not uncommon to have 100% wool .They are very hardwearing carpets and are a pig to fit and repair as they are very dense and stiff but any hard friction on the loop can cause damage .I have seen damage caused to a berber by a fitter just running his edging tool over the pile to much.The polyprop type berber carpets are not a problem as long as you dont catch a thread ,but the wool are should be treated with respect . 

tony bish

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »
PS If you run a carpet shearer over a loop pile carpet it will cut the loop and damage the carpet even more .

Hilton

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2012, 04:49:01 pm »
PS If you run a carpet shearer over a loop pile carpet it will cut the loop and damage the carpet even more .

P S....no it wont

tony bish

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2012, 05:44:38 pm »
If the loop on the berber has been damaged by the aggitation and is above the rest of the pile then it will be damaged by the carpet shearer  ,if the carpet loop has just been (for want of a better word) frizzed up then it wont .Going by the look of the pics it seems the loop has been pulled up all over the carpet therefore weakening its ability to stay in the backing .

Hilton

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2012, 06:11:10 pm »
Well thats not what you said in your first post above, thanks for the clarification.

I would shear this carpet based on pictures supplied.

Have you ever used a set of shears on a loop pile.?..

Dave_Lee

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2012, 07:00:37 pm »
Looks defo like wool to me. I don't think it is damaged, just that the pile is unevenly lifted and will flatten again with use.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

wynne jones

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2012, 09:58:54 pm »
The problem you are more likely to get is a felting effect and that's not what's going on here. It's a classic example of people looking more closely on something they have been living with a long time. 
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

tony bish

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 08:57:11 am »
That is exactly what I said in my first post ,any hard friction will break the pile down and damage it .Carpets do frizz up and they can be sheared ,but as can be clearly seen this is not the case and the loops that are damaged are raised above the rest so therefore running a carpet shearer over it would cut into the raised loops and they would be loops no more .The pile as Dave lee has pointed out is uneven and imo could be caused by severe aggitation pulling at the loop therefore stretching it or pulling it from the backing .
This is my opinion Hilton if you dont agree which you clearly dont fine, thats what a forum is about .

garry22

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2012, 12:27:39 pm »
Hard friction like walking and moving furniture?

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2012, 01:23:13 pm »
The loops in the bedroom where you haven't cleaned look very compressed through traffic so if there was any damage prior to cleaning you would not have noticed .I would go and check out the uncleaned carpet again for any clues.
                                                      Mark

Stephen Callinan

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 08:39:49 pm »
WELL GUYS I HAVE BEEN CLEANING CARPETS FOR 3 YEARS,
3 YEARS MAKEING THOUSANDS OF POUNDS , COMPLETE SUPPORT FROM DRY FUSION,AND YOU KNOCK THEM BACK, YOU COULD HAVE SORTED THE PROBLEM IN A QUIETER MORE PROFESSIONAL WAY SO THAT YOU , YOUR CUSTOMER, AND YOUR SUPPLIER, COULD RESOLVE IT.
I WISH YOU MANY MANY MORE YEARS OF SAFE  CARPET CLEANING AND PROFIT , MIGHT NOT BE YOUR FAULT, PERSONALY DONT THINK IT IS , IF  AND A BIG IF  YOU DO GET SOME SORT OF LITTLE MISSHAP TRY THE QUIET APPROACH FIRST INSTEAD OF TELLING EVERYONE THAT ACCORDING TO '
REGARDS
STEPHEN CALLINAN

steven Banks

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2012, 08:46:57 pm »
3 YEARS MAKEING THOUSANDS OF POUNDS , COMPLETE SUPPORT FROM DRY FUSION,AND YOU KNOCK THEM BACK, YOU COULD HAVE SORTED THE PROBLEM IN A QUIETER MORE PROFESSIONAL WAY SO THAT YOU , YOUR CUSTOMER, AND YOUR SUPPLIER, COULD RESOLVE IT.
I WISH YOU MANY MANY MORE YEARS OF SAFE  CARPET CLEANING AND PROFIT , MIGHT NOT BE YOUR FAULT, PERSONALY DONT THINK IT IS , IF  AND A BIG IF  YOU DO GET SOME SORT OF LITTLE MISSHAP TRY THE QUIET APPROACH FIRST INSTEAD OF TELLING EVERYONE THAT ACCORDING TO '
REGARDS
STEPHEN CALLINAN

You may wan't to turn that caps lock off before you post any more. It's hard on the eyes and it's not nice to read.  ;)

Colin Day

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 08:48:56 pm »
STOP SHOUTING...... Thank you.... :)

AshWhite

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2012, 09:49:59 pm »
Someone knows how to make an entrance..

Stephen, I have no experience whatsoever with Dry Fusion, but I wouldn't let Phils experience or posts on here put me off. I don't think he's made any negative remarks about the system - In fact he's been quite positive about the Dry Fusion method, he's only concerned about his technique.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2012, 11:04:03 pm »
I WISH YOU MANY MANY MORE YEARS OF SAFE  CARPET CLEANING AND PROFIT , MIGHT NOT BE YOUR FAULT, PERSONALY DONT THINK IT IS , IF  AND A BIG IF  YOU DO GET SOME SORT OF LITTLE MISSHAP TRY THE QUIET APPROACH FIRST INSTEAD OF TELLING EVERYONE THAT ACCORDING TO '
REGARDS
STEPHEN CALLINAN
Listen i'm here asking advice and i haven't slated DRY FUSION i think it poop hot i just said about what had happened for help and  i cleaned this carpet exactly the same as i have cleaned every other carpet and to be told it's safe on all carpets then this happens  there's nothing wrong with my technique i clean just as i was shown and have for 3 years with no probs and as for making thousands lucky you cause i struggle, and maybe thats why you get all the support cause of how much your spending  >:(
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2012, 11:06:06 pm »
OH AND IF YOU WAS TO TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK INTO OTHER TOPICS I WROTE YOU MITE FIND I HAVE NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT DRY FUSION I WOULDNT GET RID FOR ANYTHING  ;D
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2012, 12:31:12 am »
SPEAK UP.. I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!