Phil @ Extreme Clean

Think iv'e damaged Carpet?
« on: January 19, 2012, 11:34:08 am »
Well Guy's according to Dry Fusion it's safe on all carpet's and for the 3 years iv'e used it never had a problem until today. I cleaned a tight looped pile carpet the other day and when i finished it looked bobbly which i thought was just raising the pile anyway i got a call today that the carpet is damaged so i went to look and it honestly looks a mess compared to the bedroom which wasn't done and is the same carpet. I tried hoovering to see if made any difference but it hasn't when i look closely the loops have been pulled up slightly and loosened. Iv'e phoned dry fusion and they are getting Shaun to come have a look next week but could anyone give me any advice to why this has happened and how to avoid in the future this has really knocked me back and i'm really worried now.

Best regards.
Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!!!!
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Bob Allen

Re: Think iv'e damaged Carpet?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:47:55 am »
Dont lose sleep Phil, we have all had a problems at some point, as long as you let the customer know you are doing your best to rectify the problem and shaun will confirm whether there is a problem or not.
If the worse comes to the worse then thats why we have public liability and treatment risk insurance.
Cant give you any advice at the moment but always worth taking photos then we could look at them.
In future if you are in any doubt a problem might arise best to walk away or discuss with customer the foreseen problems. I resonally wouldnt use dry fusion on a berbeer (is that how you spell it) so im not convinced dry fusion can be used on ALL carpets
regards Bob
Bob Allen

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:50:08 am »
thanks for the info i have a pic but it says too large to upload any ideas how to show.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

AshWhite

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:56:46 am »
Phil, send me the pic ashley@floors2show.co.uk and i'll put it on here for you.

As Bob said, no point stressing about it yet (easier said than done!), if you become distracted by it there's more chance of you cocking something up -  "Worrying is like paying interest on a debt that may never come due"
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:04:56 pm »
i'l send now Ash and the reason i'm worried is because i only use dry fusion and iv'e done these carpet's before and no problem now i'm worried if i go to a job and it's the same do i turn it down  ???
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 12:12:44 pm »
i would guess not enough lubrication on this specific job, maybe underfloor heating or sprayer blocked so not putting as much prespray down. something along them lines, speculative guess though so don't quote me.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 12:15:44 pm »
Hi derek definately not that mate the prespray was more than enough and the pad was moist see pics in a moment when Ash uploads them for me.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

AshWhite

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 12:33:04 pm »
Pics are on the way, just upoading them now. For future reference, you might want to turn the resolution down on the camera, the files are huge (over 5mb each!)

AshWhite

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 12:42:38 pm »

Phil, explain what is what  :)

jasonl

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 01:01:41 pm »
I think the pads have lifted some of the loops  , not all , making the carpet not uniform in appearance .

Some of the fibres have broken away from the loops due to the aggression of the pad

I use my rug rake after bonnetting this type of carpet.

With some usage I think it will  look ok.

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 02:09:36 pm »
ins jobby I'm afraid  :(

Pay your excess, apologise and leave in the hands of insurance and don't lose any sleep over it.
"So basically its a big vax!"

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 02:18:39 pm »
cheers for advice what should i do if i come to do a carpet like this again??? say i can't do it or do something different? like i say iv'e done these before without a problem.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 02:24:20 pm »
Phil you sure it was not like that before you cleaned it ???Just a thought

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 02:32:14 pm »
no mate the 3rd pic is of the bedroom which i didn't clean and when i compare the 2 it's looks really bad i'm devo'd never had a prob before now.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 02:49:37 pm »
We had a carpet like that which we had replaced twice because the brush bar on our hoover fluffed it up, which it shouldn't have done. Eventually we ended up with a twist pile.

I never agitate berber carpets for this very reason.

Shaun Bradbury

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 03:13:31 pm »
Hi Phil,

Don't panic. Arrangements are being made for me to inspect the carpet and we can take it from there. In 3 years you have never had a problem with this type or indeed any other type of carpet, so we need to inspect the carpet and then review your cleaning procedure.

Give me a call if you want to discuss further.

Kind regards,

Shaun Bradbury
Dry Fusion UK

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 03:14:36 pm »
Looks like it has been cleaned with something quite agressive, did you use something to agitate it with before bonnetting it?

Simon

clinton

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 03:23:40 pm »
Was just a thought phill with being like that before.

As shaun said in his post dont worry too much and dont let it put you off in the future mate.

Hilton

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 04:44:14 pm »
The Hofman hand held carpet shearer will sort that out no problem and quickly, no need for insurance claims.

No doubt Dry Fusion can help out with this, I am sure they would have one or know where one can be hired,

Just make sure you practice with it first on some old off cuts.  ;)

garry22

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 05:16:15 pm »
Phil,

Shaun will sort you out.

I've had my DF system for nine years and never had a problem with Berber. Like the others, I'm wondering if it is a pre existing condition.

The bedroom would have much less foot traffic than the downstairs rooms so would show less wear and tear anyway.