garyj

New Machine
« on: December 11, 2005, 12:47:27 am »
I'm buying a new machine early next year and have been thinking about a truck mounted 'portable' like a Ninja 400psi or similar. I received the Alltec newsletter this morning ( sept / oct edition, I must have been an afterthought >:( ) and they have some really good deals on proper truckmounts but can't get any more info about the Steam Way becauses there website is useless.
Anyone using a 9100LX? If so what do you think of it and is it worth the extra outlay over a van based portie? Also is the Rotovac worth it or does it become another piece of equipment you cart around and don't use!!, they come up for sale every now and then and wondered why.
Cheers

des

Re: New Machine
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 02:25:34 pm »
Re rotovac ive just got one and a set of the new brushes from the usa .The rotovac does a very good job on very dirty carpets where a wand will not and the brushes are great on agitating your prespray and of course hard floors .And its so  easy to clean a normal carpet.Why not phone alltec and ask for a demo for free des
des at mister clean

garyj

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 02:43:58 pm »
Mmmmm, thats an idea but Alltec is 200 miles away, but you're only 19 ;)

I've lost your number sorry, can put some  work your way at the moment if you're interested.

Art

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 04:37:54 pm »
Gary,
Any idea how much the rotovacs are? There website doesn't have a price, which usually means expensive.

Regards Arthur

John_Flynn

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 04:59:14 pm »
£1795.00 + vat
I get better looking each day!!

Art

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 05:08:47 pm »
Cheers John think i'll pass on that one then  :P

mark_roberts

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 06:35:30 pm »
You can not compare a petrol TM with a portable.  There miles apart in all areas.  Ive got both.  My portable is the 400psi Ninja and while it does the job at 25-50ft I wouldnt take it further or any portable for that matter.  Also the TM is way faster than the portable.

Dont waste your time and money as i did trying to bridge the gap.

Mark

roberto

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 09:56:10 pm »
Re rotovac ive just got one and a set of the new brushes from the usa .The rotovac does a very good job on very dirty carpets where a wand will not and the brushes are great on agitating your prespray and of course hard floors .And its so  easy to clean a normal carpet.Why not phone alltec and ask for a demo for free des

Hi Des

Sorry for being cheeky”!!

Where did you get brushes from? As I need some but I understand Rotovac don’t sale to UK public sector, only to their UK agents and I’m sure they will ask a arm and a leg for it when they decide to start selling those brushes

Regards
"""""OF EVERYTHING I'VE KNOWN AND LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST"""""

cleaning co

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 01:12:16 am »
hi, come off it mark u know for a fact a ninja can be used upto 100ft no prob   i use 100ft every day!  to great effect  every day ! and u cannot clean faster with a truckmount than i can  if u had used your ninja as i do then u had saved a lot money imo  (p,s before u answer this  yes i hav used truckmounts and can honestly say if your core work is domestic get high spec porty ,with auto fill auto dump inline heaters  water tank with 12volt pump  put all this in a small van with twin doors like a dyhatsu extol and away u go  using punters elec, very low fuel use  drive right upto any punters house even the old biddys bunglow tucked away  ,these vans are small enough to drive on most paths ! and they are quicker than any gas guzzling huge great transit etc o yer and if u hav a truckmount rember to book that extra job or two to pay for even more fuel in the truck mount ,by this time im at home aving a cupper tea while u truckmount boys are aving a job holding the trigger at the petrol pump whilst filling your van and truckmount up yet again  after pulling heavy "2"  hoses all day  ;D
p.s this is not a dig at truckmount users just my honest opiion   gary

Neil Grainger

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 06:45:23 am »
Gary

Are you quicker than Mark because you dont prespay or Vac still

Happy Christmas to you all

Neil

cleaning co

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 07:12:50 am »
lol yes prob ;D    but then i never get any complaints ;D but  anycase y dos mark think he can clean faster  because he has truckmount ?   over the kit iam using ? i dont hav to fill machine  i dont hav to empty it  i hav instant heat

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 08:21:22 am »
Gary,

Do you use a wand or a power brush,

While I acept what you say, I have a similiar set up to you
motor and heater wise, but Im not happy when I am working with over 50 feet of hose. Perhaps slightly older equipment rebuilt regularly.

I check regularly and I can see no obvious vacum leaks maybee I am parinoid and seduced by these boards into wanting the ultimate cleaning machine .

cleaning co

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 08:32:37 am »
hi ian, i hav three machines with2x 3 stage vacs,but one the ninja seems two hav a lot more power than the other two i think the ninja has heavy duty ones which might explain the diff, the other machines are allright upto 75ft  but the ninja is fine at 100ft, check all your seals like lid etc and mke sure the dump val is shut prop
 p. s i use mostly a wand but if i used my power wand i could use the over two at upto 100ft no probs
gary

Smiths Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 04:34:44 pm »
hi gary
you say you have a ninja is that made by ashbys? what are the specs on that, do you mind me asking?
thanks Andy ;D

cleaning co

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 04:54:42 pm »
hi andy, no i dnont mind,yes an ash machine  ,2x3stage heavy duty vacs,400 psi pump with pressure gauge and flow control,auto pump out and auto fill, 3kw tank heater and a built v2 3kw heater  two 50ft power leads
p.s v2 heater is great
gary

des

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 06:09:32 pm »
Rotovac and new brushes all from  alltec .Brushes are about £200:00 but they do pay for them self by agitating prespray and hard floor cleaning.They have three jets but no vac points des
des at mister clean

mark_roberts

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 08:36:14 pm »
Cleaning Co

Like I said Ive got the highest spec Ninja and a Boxer truckmount and i know what both can do and the Ninja doesnt come close in terms of drynest, speed and operator ease.

Oh and i also earn a lot more per hour with the TM over the Ninja so the £4 per machine hour to run it isnt that much. 

Would like a smaller van though.

Mark

cleaning co

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 03:39:33 am »
yes i agree with u on drying times but not an issue as no punters ever moan and they keep coming back, totally disgree with u on ease of use  and speed  please explain ? ::) as for £4 hour running the truckmount what about your gaz guzzling big van, and u hav to pay for for that overpriced truckmount and van  which was prob more than 4x what i need to recover for my van n porty setup and i can earn just as much an hour as a truckmount user as it is no faster  ,like i said before imo u didnt use your ninja to its full abilty, if i had a truckmount i would with out shadow of a dout earn less money

cleaning co

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 04:15:18 am »
hi, just thouht  id show some figures what it would cost ME to run a truckmount as oposed to my porty setup .
     TRUCKMOUNT AND VAN (NEW) OVER THREE YEAR PERIOD
   £700 month for van and truckmount
  £ 480 month to run truckmount machine
  £80 month to insure van and truckmount
  £160 month to put fuel in van
TOTAL £ 1420 :o

PORTY SETUP AND VAN(NEW) OVER SAME PERIOD
   £333 month for porty and van
  £0.00 to run porty set up
  £40 to insure van and porty
  £80 month petrol
 total £453 ;D

this is what it would cost me ,would i get more work ?no,would it be qiucker for me ? no would i earn more money? no , would i hav to do more jobs aday? yes would i hav to earn more aday? yes would i double my time spent at petrol fil up ? yes would i sometimes hav problems acessing propertys ? yes

imo for me ,and i only do domestic work it would be madness to shell out nearly extra £1000 month to earn no more money and make my life harder , for some a truckmount will pay and make thier job easier  for me no way !!  for someone doing the same sort of work as me with a truckmount  i am without a doubt £12000 !!! a year better of
gary

Neil Grainger

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 07:40:53 am »
Gents

Do you target a certain market or are you after anything. Because if you target the right customers time is of no concern. So the my truckmount is better than your portable is not a issue.  If you need to do 6 jobs a day because you charge £20 a room then time is going to be a big thing and a truckmount maybe better

2 Jobs a day £150-200 each  makes £300-£400 a day so time is not a concern