wynne jones

Re: Pricing
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2011, 06:48:25 pm »
Im not in a recession.

Ive noticed no drop in business.

Maybe your getting something wrong?

You're just lucky.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derren-brown-the-experiments/4od#3256877
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

PaulKing

« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2011, 07:56:06 am »
BMW and ford,
 same sort of car
similar size
same number of parts
About £200 worth of steel in them both

So why the Big difference in price, but basically the same thing, just the intangable things that separate them, design, technology, inability of a BMW owners to indicate

Toyota aygo and Citroen C1 are made on the same line in The same factory by the same people and only have dirrent plastic wings And bumpers that are exactly the same size, so why is the Toyota £800 more on a 6k car ? With similar resale values.

in a nutshell it's all about how you sell and how you or your brand are perceived. Truth is if you market yourself as cheaper thats what your usp is, it's  very hard to change that, if you hearing "I use you because your cheaper and the same job" your customers loyal to price not you. 

Sir alan Sugar busniess empire used to be called Amstrad makers of chatty electricals that fell to bits, but peolple bought loads of, he's change his brand now to shouthy bad tempered tv person and they never say Amstrad ( wonder why.)

if your main BMW dealer offered a £200 service for £60 they sell out in a flash. offer a one series for fiesta money same thing

Offer a well marketed service for a low price same thing, if you can make it work best of luck to you

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2011, 08:47:54 am »
Sorry Paul don't agree you drive a Ford then drive a BMW you'll find that the drive and build quality is superior I've had both and it's the price you pay for a nicer looking car with a smoother ride in a safer car.

Shaun

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2011, 02:58:54 pm »
For the rest of us who are not in Craigp's jolly little world

Repossession, repossession, repossession

Every quarter, the Council of Mortgage Lenders publishes figures on the number of repossessions that have taken place, and of late the message has been pretty positive, with the figures regularly being lower than expected.

As a result, people like me can get a little bit complacent about it. After all, the number of properties repossessed in the first half of this year was down 7% on the same period last year. Good news right?

Well yes, but that was still 18,100 properties that lenders took back from borrowers.

And that's just the number of repossessions that actually took place, what about the borrowers who are simply being warned that if things don't improve, they may lose their homes? There are currently 164,500 mortgages where the borrower is in arrears of more than 2.5% of the mortgage balance. Sure, that figure has fallen, but it's still an awful lot of people who are seriously behind on their mortgage payments.

Undoubtedly, some of these people will have no-one but themselves to blame. Perhaps they told a few porky pies in order to get a larger mortgage than they should have, and now the chickens have come home to roost. But equally, plenty of them will simply be victims of circumstance, caught out by an economic crash that was not their fault.

Kicking out tenants

The situation is hardly any better in the rental market.

Social landlords are already reporting a rise in rent arrears following the government's move to reduce housing benefit earlier this year. Meanwhile, research by the Financial Inclusion Centre earlier this year concluded that as many as three million renters are in a vulnerable position, either behind on their rent or struggling to pay it each month.

What's more, with rents continuing their astronomic rise — barely a month goes by without one firm active in the rental market proclaiming a new record high — this is only likely to get worse.

We've never had it so tough

Last year, an adviser to the government, Lord Young, was forced to resign after an interview in which he suggested that as a nation, we had never had it so good (he's back, with his own office in Number 10 now, by the way). A year on, that statement looks even dafter.

Inflation currently stands at a mammoth 5.2%, miles higher than the Bank of England's target of 2%. And our salaries aren't moving upwards at anything like that rate, if at all. Add to that the fact that job security continues to weaken, with unemployment now at a 17-year high, and it becomes clear that pennies have rarely been so tightly stretched. We can't even rely on a return on our cash if we've managed to save in the past, with rates on savings accounts utterly underwhelming.

In fact, for some, it's only the fact that interest rates are so low therefore keeping variable mortgage rates low too, that is keeping things from completely collapsing.

This is the real world at the moment....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2011, 03:21:16 pm »
hector that does make look bad but any figures  can be made to look bad...

of of this 18000 only 15% were actually regular users of a carpet carpet cleaning company ( according to a study by rainbow int only 15% of the population use a carpet cleaner) so that's 2700 actual customer lost in this country...... if their are a 1000 carpet cleaning companies  then we have all lost 2.7 customers should we all be worried about 2.7 customers?

this is a very simplistic view but isn't my view a more healthy positive view than yours :D

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2011, 03:28:00 pm »
Hi Guys

I think the point Craig was trying to make is that CC seems to have weathered the recession quite well and that some have seen no drop in income at all.

This is probably due to the clean rather than replace mentaility.

Cheers

Doug

Craigp

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2011, 03:47:33 pm »
Thank you Doug, that is my point.

Also Hector, I don't live on a Cosey world, believe me a lot of hard work over many years was put in to be in the position I am now. I'm sure that's true for all the others on here doing well too.

derek west

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2011, 03:49:25 pm »
we're allllllll doooooomed i tellya, doooooooomed. ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2011, 03:57:36 pm »

To quote Martin Riley ( I bet a lot of people on here don't know who he is, there's so many new names every time I come back on here) who quoted Winston Churchill..

"Income should be increased to meet expenses, not expenses lowered to meet income"

Is he still in the property business ??? ???

Craigp

« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »
As far as I know Ian, he sold his c/c ing business in 2007 ish I think.

Hopefully hes doing ok, not a great time to be in property.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2011, 07:07:25 pm »
I'm sure someone said he was back doing it again infact I'm sure he's been doing some work at Alltec regarding marketing.

Shaun

Jim_77

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2011, 02:12:52 am »
So why was my name dragged in to this?!!!!