Russ Chadd

Re: Short video of Jaguar 6.6 & Zeta in action
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 10:06:36 pm »
Right... im just trying to work away around having to supply the machine with two separate electrical supplies on two separate circuits, remember if the Zeta is going to run as well that 3 circuits which have to be found which just isnt practical.

Each pair of 6.6 motors is going to draw a maximum of 2.8 kw am i right?

My thinking was to use 110v versions thinking that 110v motors consume less wattage?  ???

robert meldrum

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2011, 10:14:13 pm »
Have you ever lifted one of those 110 to 240 volt transformers ????????????

john martin

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 11:05:52 pm »
I will have to look it up again but i think the 6.6 will draw about 5 or 6 amps at 230 volts ...  the same 110 version will draw double that at110 volts ...

240 volt version available here
http://www.steam-brite.com/store/ameteklamb-ametek-lamb-motor-volts-p-10442.htm

I think you'd be looking at three chords /two house circuits    ...but  didn't you have  the same ( three chords) with the triple vac .

might work having three 6.6 on one chord /circuit and  the  forth and zeta on the other ...
would have to find the amp draw for  the zeta ...

Russ Chadd

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 11:13:14 pm »
Yes of course the US electricity supply is 110 v but the amps are more i think...
What is the wattage of the new 6.6 motors cant seem to open that link you sent me John?

john martin

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2011, 11:43:18 pm »

http://www.steam-brite.com/store/ameteklamb-ametek-lamb-motor-volts-p-10442.html

best of luck finding a wattage rating ,  i cant see it anywhere ...
I think about 5-6 amps is accurate ...
Mytee test amp draw in this video at 4min20
so you can half the rating for 240 volts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KKAzll_-NA

The zeta mentions 2.5kw which would draw 10 amps or thereabouts .

mark_roberts

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2011, 07:08:24 pm »
SO what are we saying here

The jaguar is no more powerful than the scorpion although its lighter?
This zeta burner uses £2 per hour in diesel (white)?
Each unit takes up a lot of space.

Why not just buy a TM for £2k extra?

Mark

Colin Day

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2011, 08:22:12 am »
SO what are we saying here

The jaguar is no more powerful than the scorpion although its lighter? "No, the Jag out-performs it"
This zeta burner uses £2 per hour in diesel (white)? "And other fuels"
Each unit takes up a lot of space. "It's tiny"

Why not just buy a TM for £2k extra? "Because, a 3rd of the jobs I do I need to take the Jag off the van for access... So if I did have a TM, I'd still need a Jag..."

Mark

from edge2edge

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2011, 08:32:08 am »
Morning guys I thin Colin has just simply found what we are all looking for which is the best possible combo for our own individual need.................Alan

Colin Day

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2011, 09:16:50 am »
Alan, you're right. I've got NOTHING against TM's whatsoever, I just don't think one would be suitable for my requirements.

I have the heat and psi as high as I could ever possibly need and the carpets I clean are clean and dry enough to have customers coming back for more.

Last week this was seen as an over-kill, as a Puzzi was deemed just as suitable.... ;D

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2011, 03:28:03 pm »
I know the area colin operates from and would be tricky using a tm  . Ever seen doc martin on tv .  the roads only just fit push bikes down LOL  ;D

Although when you do have tm you do tend to try and make it work for you . But there are some jobs you just cant do , in saying that works the other way round too. 

clinton

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 03:49:50 pm »
Sounds like your going to use it from the van and also take it off too the van to get near access.

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 03:51:27 pm »
Sounds like your going to use it from the van and also take it off too the van to get near access.

colin is a strong lad  one under each arm and the wand in his teeth   ;D

clinton

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 04:23:50 pm »
Thought that was just you richard ;D

Its all them cream teas ;D

Russ Chadd

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 06:14:10 pm »
In an ideal world i would love a TM too but unless you have the right kind of work to pay for it then i see it as a huge expense which could take a long time to pay for itself.
Colin and I both use Jags and i think we can agree that for the money its performance and practicality is second to none.
Even if you have a TM this machine would be an ideal standby unit if you don't want to compromise with performance.
Since switching over to the Jag my van definitely feels lighter which may have a difference on fuel economy and tyre wear, the grey ribbed 2" hose solutions sell is very light compared to the standard blue stuff and is loads easier to use in the customers home!
I can easily coil it up and strap it without the wrestling and the bad language!!!   

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 06:34:04 pm »
Alot of TM's get heat of 110 degrees at the machine and may be at the wand 80 degrees ish and that's with a high flow rate, the Zeta specs are less than some TM's, it's a great add on but not a substitute.

Shaun

Russ Chadd

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2011, 06:57:09 pm »
Hi Shaun

Wast really referring to the Zeta... i was just saying that the Jag would make a good backup machine for a TM user.
When you compare the pump size of a TM and that of a Zeta then you are talking about twice the size and twice the pressure and flow rate then there is the size of the heat exchanger.. again huge a totally different type to the Zeta.
However tests prove that the Zeta will offer water hot enough to clean synthetic carpets and adjustable temperature to clean fabric and delicate wool carpets.
Also this little unit takes less than 90 seconds to heat up to its maximum temperature.

Its unfair to make a direct comparison... after all it was designed to wash cars   

Chris R

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2011, 07:10:23 pm »
A few questions about the Zeta ?

Will the pump on the Zeta not overheat if its run for several hours with a very low flow of water ( like when cleaning a lot of upholstery).

Will the warranty on the Zeta still be valid if the machine is used for carpet cleaning rather than jet washing?

Am I correct in thinking that although the Zeta runs on diesel it also needs to be plugged into the mains?

regards

Chris
Staffordshire

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2011, 07:36:20 pm »
Russ - can you email me price details etc to contact@newlookclean.com - thanks mate

Russ Chadd

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2011, 09:00:14 pm »
A few questions about the Zeta ?

Will the pump on the Zeta not overheat if its run for several hours with a very low flow of water ( like when cleaning a lot of upholstery).

Will the warranty on the Zeta still be valid if the machine is used for carpet cleaning rather than jet washing?

Am I correct in thinking that although the Zeta runs on diesel it also needs to be plugged into the mains?

regards

Chris

The pump on the zeta will work fine at pressure of 400 psi +, anything below that will not fire the burner, i have tested with a  Hydromaster drimaster 2 tool and this will work fine at 400 - 600 psi.
Also the wonderwand two jet works great, so does the usual 2 and 4 jet wands as well as the stair tools.
When the machine is not being used for more than 5 mins you should turn it off as the pump is recirculating fresh cold water, turning the machine off will save wear and tear on the unit and save energy.

I would not advise using some hand tools with the Zeta, the CFR upholstery tools have 01 nozzles which create lots of back pressure and low water flow which will not trigger the burner as there isnt enough water flow.

When it comes to upholstery i would advise using your portables pump as this will be more suitable to hand tools with very small nozzle sizes, most people i know will tend to extract with warm tap water only and you don't need lots of pressure around 120 psi is plenty.

The only time the warranty would become void is if the end user were to modify the machine somehow resulting in damage to the pump etc...
If the machine is being fed water from a tank then it MUST have a good quality water filter fitted to the supply hose, 9 /10 times pumps fail because of contaminated water and this will also invalidate the warranty.

And finally... the Zeta will run on Diesel, red diesel, heating oil, bio diesel and kerosine to fire the boiler, it requires an electrical feed to power the pump and spark generator.
The max wattage it draws is about 2.4 kw on startup (turning the machine on)

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2011, 09:38:54 pm »
Which Zeta machine are you using, do you have a link, have seen a few about on various websites and ebay.

cheers

Andrew