Mike Halliday

Re: Short video of Jaguar 6.6 & Zeta in action
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 12:02:09 pm »
Russ, the burner & engine run of red diesel from the same tank.

your're right about the free heat from an engine but I've had traditional T/ms and unless you have a big engine you never get the instantaneous heat you get from a burner  I love the fact i can get upto working temp in seconds, when i had a blazer I would be nearly finished the job before i got hot water

the first machine I used it with was an electric T/M the Bane machine were you had to run a powercord into the house, I could plug the burner into this. now I don't find it a bind to take a powercord into the house I've just got used to it.

Simon your right about using prespray. the video of the red carpet was done really to show of the power of using a burner, I do this restaurant every 6 weeks it does not get the ingrained dirt you normally get in a carpet, you can pull the fibres apart and see the grease layered across the top of the fibres  from where the waiters walk out of the kitchen all i really remove is this layer of grease.

Mike

ps; Russ be careful what you say about using boiling hot water to clean carpets

( quote: "relying on boiling hot water to clean a carpet sounds risky to me." )

your mate Colin has that exact same video on his website home page.... you know how sensitive he is.... he might think you are being critical of him :D :D :D

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 12:15:02 pm »
Me, sensitive?

I've learned to take anything you say (or anyone else for that matter) with a pinch of salt, Mike... :D

Russ Chadd

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 12:21:42 pm »
Mike

So your whole setup is diesel powered thats good, and its interesting to hear how slow some truck mounts take to reach maximum temp, those of us who are using diesel fired burners can get boiling hot water in less than 90 sec from a cold start.
I was only guessing you were using boiling hot water by the amount of steam at your wand, wasnt knocking your professional approach fella and im sure you were using this video like mine as a demo just to prove that hot water is effective.

So we share a common interest in this... that a good thing!
Thinking outside the box and challenging the "norm" is how we all progress.

john martin

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 12:43:31 pm »
As for performance all i can say is this, i owned an Airflex Turbo which was and still is a great piece of British engineering, however things have moved on in terms of motor design and the new Jag & Storm use these new motors which have kind of abandoned the 3 stage idea and use a totally different turbine similar to a jet engine.

Not starting this again but ....  :)

Your Airflex turbo had a CFM of 330  ( quoted from site )
The Jaguar has a CFM of 296  
They both have lift at most of 130"

Nothing there gives the jag a performance advantage ....

Neither really have ' truckmount performance '
A Quadvac ( two in parallel coupled to two in series would approach small TM performance )
Some of the UK builders should really bring out an ETM like this ... and perhaps incorporate
a burner ... the 6.6 would be an ideal for this with its efficient design (lower amp draw  )  i'd say we almost could run that on one circuit at 240v .  In the states Mytee has just launched a small ETM ...a twin vac , but thats all they or any of the other US ETM builder can manage over there at 120 volts on two cords ...   we really should make better use of our superior electricity .

Are you genuinely impressed with the jaguar as it is ... or are you jumping on the hype bandwagon
to flog zetas to  Jag owners ...  :)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 01:01:24 pm »
As for performance all i can say is this, i owned an Airflex Turbo which was and still is a great piece of British engineering, however things have moved on in terms of motor design and the new Jag & Storm use these new motors which have kind of abandoned the 3 stage idea and use a totally different turbine similar to a jet engine.

Not starting this again but ....  :)

Your Airflex turbo had a CFM of 330  ( quoted from site )
The Jaguar has a CFM of 296  
They both have lift at most of 130"

Nothing there gives the jag a performance advantage ....

Neither really have ' truckmount performance '
A Quadvac ( two in parallel coupled to two in series would approach small TM performance )
Some of the UK builders should really bring out an ETM like this ... and perhaps incorporate
a burner ... the 6.6 would be an ideal for this with its efficient design (lower amp draw  )  i'd say we almost could run that on one circuit at 240v .  In the states Mytee has just launched a small ETM ...a twin vac , but thats all they or any of the other US ETM builder can manage over there at 120 volts on two cords ...   we really should make better use of our superior electricity .

Are you genuinely impressed with the jaguar as it is ... or are you jumping on the hype bandwagon
to flog zetas to  Jag owners ...  :)

John... it takes alot to impress me and i go on my own personal experiences.
If we are going to compare the figures on CFM and lift then could we agree that the figures are similar? yes.. good... right so if i were to say that the Jag has a performance advantage based on the fact that the end user only has two vacs to service, and of course less power to feed the machine... isnt this an advantage?
In other words i would happily trade 34 CFM for a machine which is more portable and more energy efficient.

And to answer your question about am i genuinely impressed then yes in fact i will invite anyone over to try this system out for themselves and then let them decide.
Where are you based John? i would be happy to show you my setup... once people have tried this out i am sure the machines will sell themselves... the proof is in the eating  ;D

Doug Holloway

Russ Chadd

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 01:19:05 pm »
Doug

I understand the rules on here so i am not for one minute going to comment on whether i distribute this product, the videos simply show two machines working together and if people want to make enquires with a view to purchase they can do so but through the correct channels.

Doug Holloway

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 02:20:51 pm »
Is the Zeta the only adjustable hot water electric pressure washer

I have looked at Machine Mart but not clear if they are adjustable

Perhaps soon someone will introduce a portable with no pump as if this is such a good idea why would you need a big beast of 600psi pump

Russ Chadd

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 02:46:18 pm »
Hi Ian

Most of the Small hot water pressure washers sold here in the UK are nothing more than cheap domestic machines.
Even Karcher have made small compact machines which were sold in places like B&Q, these machines are not designed to be used commercially and don't have features such as a variable pressure valve.

robert meldrum

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 02:50:44 pm »
Three or four years ago I looked at the Goliath QUAD vac machine which had been paired up with high heat pressure washer to make what seemed like at a pretty powerfull and capable carpet cleaning set up.

The Goliath is still around but I don't remember the name of the power washer although it was Italian and similar to the one on here.

Both machines being compact I thought they'd make an impressive lightweight van mounted set up.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 02:56:16 pm »
Yep I know the machine you are referring to very similar to the Zeta, I believe someone has a video of it on YouTube

Russ Chadd

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 05:22:58 pm »
Here is the US version :
This machine will offer 1200 psi the Zeta comes in two models :

1750 psi @ 7.5 litres per min
1500 psi @ 8.5 litres per min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqJpGKBH5VA&feature=player_embedded

john martin

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2011, 07:44:35 pm »
yes goliath is still four two stages to keep amp draw lowish ...
We could run four three stage no bother ...

every time americans plug in one vac its like us pluging in two amp draw wise ..

So no excuse for us not to run quad vacs ....  the 6.6 would work well as it performs the same as 1500watt three stage but draws same amps as a 1200watt

heres another parallel /series quad combo ..... four three stages
four cords to the poor americans ....  that would be two chords for us ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIBnuq50h4

Still id perfer a dedicated van mounted quad ...  i dont like heavy portables or messing with boosters .. :)

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2011, 08:05:07 pm »
Russ - i like this set up - where can i get prices from etc for the Zeta?

Russ Chadd

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 08:47:58 pm »
Russ - i like this set up - where can i get prices from etc for the Zeta?

Email me and i will give you the guys details

cheers

Russ

Russ Chadd

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2011, 08:56:07 pm »
yes goliath is still four two stages to keep amp draw lowish ...
We could run four three stage no bother ...

every time americans plug in one vac its like us pluging in two amp draw wise ..

So no excuse for us not to run quad vacs ....  the 6.6 would work well as it performs the same as 1500watt three stage but draws same amps as a 1200watt

heres another parallel /series quad combo ..... four three stages
four cords to the poor americans ....  that would be two chords for us ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIBnuq50h4

Still id perfer a dedicated van mounted quad ...  i dont like heavy portables or messing with boosters .. :)

Does the 110v american motors draw the same amps as the 240 volt UK versions? if so couldnt we just pair two 110 v motors in series and feed them 240v?
Im imagining how good 4 of the 6.6 motors working together would be....
The mytee video looks like a load of buggering about piggy backing a booster!
I agree with you John, an all electric TM quad motor setup would be great... if only we could have that and a heated pressure washer all running off 2 separate extension leads...

For now the Jag ticks all the boxes for me as its real easy to remove from the van because of its low  weight or can sit in the van with 100 - 150' of 2" hose

john martin

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 09:45:27 pm »
i dont think series wiring will work that way ...
Why would you want to that?      240v motors available ...

It really wouldn't be hard to diy a quad 6.6 ....
get an engineering shop to fold some sheet aluminium for the body ....
all internal hoses /connections can be got in B&Q plumbing
bit of basic wiring inside ...  and two chords

get a recovery tank made  if u can find one

I'v done just this , with four e-bay three stages ...  its hardly started yet though .. :)