Re: chasing payment
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 11:34:20 pm »
Ill put my hands up and say I owe £1500 at the moment to 3  separate regular posters on here for jobs , I get paid sometimes a year after a job is complete , as my customer is in a chain up to 5 people deep , I am not making off the jobs ,it is the nature of the business .    I have 21k outstanding from 2008 which I will never see , sometimes this happens , but on balance  we all have winners and losers . No point crying about it , I never supply services that I cannot afford to not get paid for.

Get your hand in your pocket and pay the three you mention what you owe them. I subcontract window cleaning and make around 10-15% on the jobs, but they are always paid within a week of doing the job, I might have to wait 90 days to be paid, and its me that takes the risk of not ever being paid. If your waiting a year to be paid that isnt the subcontractors problem its yours.

I also have accounts with a number of suppliers, I have always paid them within the terms.  I also use a few other suppliers for carpet cleaning supplies and pay upfront by card for whatever I buy.

derek west

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 11:55:45 pm »
Ill put my hands up and say I owe £1500 at the moment to 3  separate regular posters on here for jobs , I get paid sometimes a year after a job is complete , as my customer is in a chain up to 5 people deep , I am not making off the jobs ,it is the nature of the business .    I have 21k outstanding from 2008 which I will never see , sometimes this happens , but on balance  we all have winners and losers . No point crying about it , I never supply services that I cannot afford to not get paid for.

bang out of order that is, in a previous thread you were telling cozy to come and have a look at the big car you drive, your portfolio of property and the plans you have to build a cleaning place, £1500 therefore should be a drop in the ocean for you, but maybe not for the poor guys who you owe money too. like i said, bang out of order, theres a guy on here that ive worked on many occasion, he has an annoying 14 day policy for paying me, but he always pays bang on the 14th day.

i never supply services that i cannot afford to not get paid for.

i'm not surprised if you have no intention of paying the subcontractors if you don't. for a top guy on here, i'm quite appauled by that statement. but at least your honest enough to come on here and warn us not to do any work for you in the future.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 12:42:00 am »
Ill put my hands up and say I owe £1500 at the moment to 3  separate regular posters on here for jobs , I get paid sometimes a year after a job is complete , as my customer is in a chain up to 5 people deep , I am not making off the jobs ,it is the nature of the business .    I have 21k outstanding from 2008 which I will never see , sometimes this happens , but on balance  we all have winners and losers . No point crying about it , I never supply services that I cannot afford to not get paid for.

I would like to say that I am one of the 3 to whom Jason owes £600. I would like to say that Jason from passing the work on to me expalined that I would get paid when he gets paid. I accepted this and still do. I understand that the insurance companies pay invoices when they feel like it. Jason has not tried in any way to dodge phone calls and has always kept me in the loop of chasing up calls he has made to companies. I expect to be paid and can say from previous payments from Jason... "that he is a man of his word"

Jim_77

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 12:56:59 am »
Cheque's in the post I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 12:58:54 am »
 ;D ;D

jasonl

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 06:09:35 am »

bang out of order that is, in a previous thread you were telling cozy to come and have a look at the big car you drive, your portfolio of property and the plans you have to build a cleaning place, £1500 therefore should be a drop in the ocean for you, but maybe not for the poor guys who you owe money too. like i said, bang out of order, theres a guy on here that ive worked on many occasion, he has an annoying 14 day policy for paying me, but he always pays bang on the 14th day.

i never supply services that i cannot afford to not get paid for.

i'm not surprised if you have no intention of paying the subcontractors if you don't. for a top guy on here, i'm quite appauled by that statement. but at least your honest enough to come on here and warn us not to do any work for you in the future.

I pay when I get paid , simple as that , sometimes I have paid out of my pocket too, I did not mention that the work I have given out is all in the over £100 /hour bracket .

Yes I have assets , but cash flow is tight in these times , what do you expect me to do ? sell some land which I own outright to pay relatively small cash amounts?

People I owe always get paid .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Helen

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 07:43:21 am »
guys,,

HELEN i think you are wrong.. everybody would like to know the name of said individual, but i will not name/shame here on an open forum as i am better than that!  :-X

uhhh????
Didn't I first say that whovever is the guilty party should NOT be named on here ???

Mr Dvae

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2011, 07:47:05 am »
did someone say have to wait?................why? i just quoted 2k for a job, told them 1k upfront or i don't do it. i don't know them so i'm certainly not going to work that hard to poss not get paid the full sum.
If they can't afford to pay they shouldn't order the goods. Simples.
also if someone wants credit you should run a credit check on them, Free i believe if you've got a barclays bank account.

Dave

derek west

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:23 am »
quote 1...
i pay when i get paid
quote 2
people i owe always get paid

my question?
how does that work?

Helen

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 08:03:05 am »
If they can't afford to pay they shouldn't order the goods. Simples.
Dave

In an ideal world yes.

I'm pretty sure that Joe Bloggs builders who do all the leg work, are paid by the contractor on site, who in turn are paid by the main contractor. I'm also pretty sure that the Main Contractor doesn't wait to sell all the site houses until he starts paying out....... the houses would never get built otherwise.

Whoever purchases the work to be done is liable for the payment, not anyone else "up the line".

mike roberts

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2011, 09:02:23 am »
This is a great topic --- 'late payment' but obviously sorry for the guy awaiting payment!

Simple answer to the debate should u name and shame ... One of the 'Godss'  starts new Post.

PAYMENT ON TIME
...... everyone whos pays on time to 'stated terms' signs up for it!!!
its obviously its a tight forum :)
soon find out who the person is in Q!

Same time why not start a post companies with poor payment record not illegal if it can be proven!

For christ sake keep that Jason away ' I pay when I get paid' if we all worked that way no one would ever be paid - frankly if you work to them terms ur desperate doesnt matter if u work for £200 /hr u dont no when or if ur going to get it :o

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2011, 09:12:13 am »
PAYMENT ON TIME...... everyone whos pays on time to 'stated terms' signs up for it!!!
its obviously its a tight forum

This is just a re-hash of my suggestion.

;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2011, 09:41:07 am »

Jason,
If you pay when paid, do you tell your subbies that before giving them work or is that something they find out afterwards?
You say, 'sometimes I have paid out of my pocket too, I did not mention that the work I have given out is all in the over £100 /hour bracket .'
I don't think you realise that you are engaging other people to do YOUR WORK which is your responsibility, not just to get the work done but to make sure the person who did it for you gets paid.
You always have to add a brag element too. 'what do you expect me to do ? sell some land which I own outright to pay relatively small cash amounts?'
In other words, I'm ok, Jack I've got all this land and property (yeah - right) but sod the idiot who did those jobs, he can wait for his money.
Speaking of bragging, you were telling us how much turnover you've done on your way to 1st year £100K, plenty of money to pay your debts then.

But your most astonishing claim yet, that you have to wait up to a year for your money. What is the point in doing a job you have to wait a year to get paid for? I've been in your business, Jason and I know how things work. I don't know which business school you went to but I'd pass their details onto Al Qaeda.

Simon

mike roberts

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 09:53:31 am »
PAYMENT ON TIME...... everyone whos pays on time to 'stated terms' signs up for it!!!
its obviously its a tight forum

This is just a re-hash of my suggestion.

;D

No its better and simpler :) :)

AshWhite

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2011, 11:50:52 am »
There's obviously 2 sides to this - if Jason has agreed terms with Monty (who, let's not forget, doesn't seem to have any problems with the arrangement) then there really is no issue.

Regardless of how well off Jason is or isn't, or how liquid he is - an arrangement between 2 business people is just that - agreeable on both sides.

Expecting to get paid after a job is completed THEN being told that you have to wait is bang out of order, which is what I'm assuming has happened to the OP.

Nothing worse than someone dodging your calls and burying their head in the sand.

Ash
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 12:04:07 pm »
No its better and simpler

Well actually MY idea is better .................................

and you are simple     ;D

mike roberts

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2011, 12:09:24 pm »
No its better and simpler

Well actually MY idea is better .................................

and you are simple     ;D

Nice to know there are women on this site  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

How about getting back to issue :D

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2011, 01:11:04 pm »
Talk about having a 'Rattner' moment.
Jason what were you thinking of putting that on this forum?
Your credability rating has just hit ZERO on here. It's one thing builders trying it on with each other for payment but this (carpet cleaning industry) is relatively small and I liked to think we tended to look out and look after each other.
No one gives a jot what the payment terms are further up the chain, it's the end person doing the actual work who wants payment asp for that work carried out. Further up the chain is just paperwork for the sake of paperwork.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2011, 02:18:00 pm »
How many of you buy houses and have car/van finance. Well that's an agreement and you hopefully stick to it. Well Jason and I have an agreement and Jason has stuck to it. So guys.......... what is the problem. The people who are moaning about people owed money know thier own financial situation and should make sure that they get paid on what ever terms they set up. If terms are broken, then use the legal system. "I have no problems with anyone and thier own views... especially Jason who has become a good source of work and helpfull advice. I have had some very big jobs, (10-15k) but without Jasons knowledge and imput would not have had. Whats more ... out of the industry I consider Jason to be a good friend.

richy27

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2011, 03:38:08 pm »
if someone enters into an agreement to do some sub work for another cc and is fully aware that they will not be paid until they are paid then thats fair enough.

if this is not explained before work commences then its a bit naughty .

personally for work i have sub ed out in the past i have always paid my contractors before i get paid as i believe it to be two separate agreements . 

to put it in blunt terms they are working for me  and i am working for whoever pays me.

mind you i have not sub ed out 10 k jobs only small amounts as i am a greedy poope and like all the money to myself