Re: chasing payment
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 06:55:29 pm »
perhaps we can narrow it down by all coming here and declaring it wasn't us......

Then by a process of elimination whomever is left must be the guilty party, and then we all descend upon him (or her) and swing him (or her) by the gonads until the money is dispensed from his tight pockets.

If it is a her.......... slap her about a bit till she coughs..

I will start

It isn't me........................................

garyj

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 07:36:42 pm »
I can remember a thread like this years and years ago and how surprised we were when we found out who it was.

Can't remember who it was now though.

That's a lot of money to lose, hope you get it.

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 08:24:17 pm »
Can't be Gary, he's never awake during day light hours to organise anything ;D
In fact he doesn't even answer his mobile like this afternoon (I was in Andover and would have called in - wheels ;))
BTW it wasn't me, unlike some on here I'm not so swamped with work that I can afford to pass it on or sub it out.

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »
Might be closing in ;D
Did Steve Barnett offer to do this job but 'someone else' had already got it??? (leather, bleach springs to mind)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 09:09:35 pm »
Would be funny if the person owing the money comes on and says it wasn't me! ha ha

It wasn't me by the way!!

p.s. sorry to hear it mate. Its alot of money, I hope you get it soon.

Tony

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 09:10:07 pm »
Might be closing in ;D
Did Steve Barnett offer to do this job but 'someone else' had already got it??? (leather, bleach springs to mind)
Keep going, Sherlock :D

mike roberts

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 09:19:07 pm »
Sorry new to this forum... 8 months seriously.

Someone said give him a deadline eh!!! its been 8 months!!

If it is an individual trading as a company charge a late payment fee + interest incurred ... this is law your right as a company no q. Send new invoice including these fees enforce thro small claims court they will include the fees.

Surprisng how soon they pay when you add payment fee + interest we have used it with ISS cleaning and DHL , and yer I think it is in everyones interest to know who is / are late payers  :D ... We have now refused to work for ISS (shower :-X) and charge DHL extra as terms are now 60 days- happy to say this as they are aware of it !

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 09:30:52 pm »
Nothing to do with me, never knocked anyone for work, even when I've been knocked by the client I've still paid my suppliers and labour.

Knowing what type of work Chris does, I have an idea who it might be - lets hope they do the decent thing.

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 09:31:54 pm »
Neil............. what is wrong with the following sentence.....

Gary.............. awake................... organise................ ??

:o :o :o

Simon Moat

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 10:06:08 pm »
Wouldn't happen up North, we're all gentlemen!

wynne jones

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 10:19:14 pm »
So the phone goes tomorrow and it's one of our 'highly respected' CIU buddies asking if you want £1k of commercial work. Do you feel lucky?  ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 10:28:21 pm »
Yeah, like Dick Turpin, we have the common decency to wear a mask whilst ripping people off!  ;D

garyj

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 10:29:46 pm »
Neil............. what is wrong with the following sentence.....

Gary.............. awake................... organise................ ??

Ahhhh, was that you that woke me up Neil   >:(

Seriously, no calls here, I was in as well. 07826710394.

Evening Hector  ;D

creighton foyle

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:57 pm »
is he going to the cleaners carnival ? maybe we could have a boxing match ;D

it was not me,

i would name and shame, if its the truth then it can't slanderous and people deserve to know so it does not happen to them.

derek i am just like you  "nosey" :)

John Kelly

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 10:47:05 pm »
Be interesting if all the suppliers posted names of who owed them money for months and months and months.

jasonl

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 10:54:19 pm »
Ill put my hands up and say I owe £1500 at the moment to 3  separate regular posters on here for jobs , I get paid sometimes a year after a job is complete , as my customer is in a chain up to 5 people deep , I am not making off the jobs ,it is the nature of the business .    I have 21k outstanding from 2008 which I will never see , sometimes this happens , but on balance  we all have winners and losers . No point crying about it , I never supply services that I cannot afford to not get paid for.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

spindle

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 10:58:15 pm »
guys,,

i have always been paid by the "client" having done around 20k of work with them!
payment had always been slow but never a problem. which is why i have not been concerned untill now

i was made aware that the clients client had been slow in paying "his" bill.. that was in march!

i have sent several emails made several phonecalls\left messages since.. no response. :o.

HELEN i think you are wrong.. everybody would like to know the name of said individual, but i will not name/shame here on an open forum as i am better than that!  :-X

i have never had to but it would appear that i shall have to take the legal route... unfortunatly :(

thanks for your thoughts...

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

John Kelly

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 11:05:08 pm »
It would be wrong for anyone to name anybody on an open forum like this. Lots of people in this business go through sticky patches especially if their only income is from carpet cleaning. What is anoying is when people totally ignore any contact you try to make. It just makes you think the worst. I know this is usually through embarrasment.
If you owe money and are in difficulty then let the person know rather than just hope it will go away its much easier all round and an agreement can usually be reached.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 11:12:56 pm »
Ill put my hands up and say I owe £1500 at the moment to 3  separate regular posters on here for jobs , I get paid sometimes a year after a job is complete , as my customer is in a chain up to 5 people deep , I am not making off the jobs ,it is the nature of the business .    I have 21k outstanding from 2008 which I will never see , sometimes this happens , but on balance  we all have winners and losers . No point crying about it , I never supply services that I cannot afford to not get paid for.
Jason,
Seems a shame you don't make sure you have the money to pay your  subcontractors before giving them work, or did you tell them they'd have to wait forever for their money?