spindle

chasing payment
« on: August 17, 2011, 02:08:59 pm »
hi guys

i did a job in january for a well known member of this forum.. the bill was around £800. i have spent the last few months chasing/calling him... my calls are not being returned.

i have been quite reasonable and patient but now its not funny... its been 8MONTHS

i dont know how  to continue pursuing this issue...

i hope by posting here it may put a rocket up his a$$.... you know who u are!!!!
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

from edge2edge

Re: chasing payment
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:27:32 pm »
Has he said why he hasnt paid you

Helen

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 02:30:22 pm »
hi guys

i did a job in january for a well known member of this forum.. the bill was around £800. i have spent the last few months chasing/calling him... my calls are not being returned.

i have been quite reasonable and patient but now its not funny... its been 8MONTHS

i dont know how to continue pursuing this issue...

i hope by posting here it may put a rocket up his a$$.... you know who u are!!!!

Understand your frustration, but I don't think the rest of want to know who this is, so I hope you won't be posting names etc.
Why not write the guy a final demand and send it registered post, so that you have a receipt. In all honesty if we had worked for someone in January and not had payment by end of April, they would have been taken to court by now! Sometimes you can have too much patience :)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 02:47:00 pm »
The problem is being on The Forum we all like to think we know one another and if it is a well known member you like to think you are in the Club

this a Cyber space  so we do not really know somebody Helen is right use the law as I believe we would have to delete post if you named and shamed, for legal reasons

That said I am still awaiting £250  from someone I know not on The Forum so you just cannot tell.

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 02:50:34 pm »

David_Annable

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 03:05:51 pm »
Hi

Yes Moneyclaim for me too!!

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Steve Chapman

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 03:28:38 pm »
Have had to use Moneyclaim twice in last few months, in both cases there was a phone call and payment in within a few days,

Would've of loved to see their faces when it came through the post  ;D

Both cutsomers were well of types but just pushing their luck a bit...

Steve

wynne jones

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 03:42:41 pm »
This is a very sad tale. Many people on here have worked for each other, put work each others way and swapped valuable knowledge, but when the unscrupulous do this kind of thing it's unforgivable. 7 months and no contact means taking you as a mug, there can't be any excuses.

You will probably be paid out of the blue now and they will get away with it. Then some other trusting soul will become their next victim.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

derek west

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 04:09:09 pm »
sorry but is it only me that wants to know who it is.  ;D

richy27

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 04:15:16 pm »
what he said   

Helen

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 04:15:46 pm »

No, you are not alone, but it wouldn't be right :)

derek west

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 04:21:05 pm »
helen, i understand where your coming from, it would only cause chaos on the forum so mark! email me the answer and i'll keep shtum. ;D  derek@affordablecleaners.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 04:34:15 pm »
Yes its not right not paying your debts and chasing them..Its frustraiting too.

Derek ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 04:37:53 pm »

The only reason not to name and shame is to give Spindle maximum leverage to get his money back. In terms of right and wrong anyone who does that to a fellow board member and is not in contact offering the money doesn't deserve anonymity. I can think of only major illness or a bereavement in the family that would knock someone for six for so long.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Helen

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 04:55:34 pm »

The only reason not to name and shame is to give Spindle maximum leverage to get his money back. In terms of right and wrong anyone who does that to a fellow board member and is not in contact offering the money doesn't deserve anonymity. I can think of only major illness or a bereavement in the family that would knock someone for six for so long.

Seeing as Spindle has had no call backs (which is wrong) it could be exactly that.
Other than that it should be dealt with in a correct legal manner and not spread over a general forum.
Spindle -  I really hope you get your money
Whoever owes him - please contact Spindle and let him know what is going on, after all aren't we meant to be professionals on here :)

Helen

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 04:57:38 pm »
helen, i understand where your coming from, it would only cause chaos on the forum so mark! email me the answer and i'll keep shtum. ;D  derek@affordablecleaners.co.uk

Shhhhhsh, don't let anyone know, but you have our e-mails to forward it on to :)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 05:19:13 pm »
Hi Chris

As annoying as this is it woul not be a good idea to put any names on here, as this is effectively a matter between two individuals.

I would write and give a deadline for payment before pursuing the legal route.

Cheers

Doug

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 06:08:26 pm »
If I were you I'd make it clear that you will name and shame if the individual doesnt pay up by a certain date. There is no legal reason the board needs to worry about as they only provide a platform. Plus, you could say, 'I did a job for x for £800 and he hasn't paid me.' Provided it is facutually correct no one can say diddly squat.

Simon

Steve Gunn

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 06:14:34 pm »
Exactly.
Anyway, the rumour mill will soon reveal who this person is and there are ways of saying things without actually saying it ;) ;)